Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Midfield 17:22 - Dec 28 with 5207 viewsHerbivore

Got to bring someone in now you'd think. Huws, Bish and Doz all out for the season, Adeyemi missing, Nydam and Downes not able to be relied upon for a run of games. We need another option to see out the season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Midfield on 17:24 - Dec 28 with 4467 viewsElderGrizzly

Worry is, we’ll see Mick play all four of McG, Waghorn, Garner and Celina at once so at least 2 are out of position.

Then leaving us with nothing on the bench to change the game. It seems to be his go-to selection when under pressure
Midfield on 17:32 - Dec 28 with 4448 viewsHerbivore

Midfield on 17:24 - Dec 28 by ElderGrizzly

Worry is, we’ll see Mick play all four of McG, Waghorn, Garner and Celina at once so at least 2 are out of position.

Then leaving us with nothing on the bench to change the game. It seems to be his go-to selection when under pressure

I hope not. I'd like to see someone who can cover for Connolly and Skuse in the middle and ideally another wide man so we don't have to stick Didz or Wagz out there.

Midfield on 17:34 - Dec 28 with 4442 viewsLuk38644

Midfield on 17:24 - Dec 28 by ElderGrizzly

That front four worked perfectly against Sunderland and it was mainly due to McG playing centrally rather than on the right. McG was pinging passes left, right and centre and is clearly better playing centrally while Waghorn drifted in at the back post, is a powerful runner if playing out wide and can hold his own.

Mick's insistence of late to play McG wide is bizarre. Play him off Garner ffs.
Midfield on 17:42 - Dec 28 with 4418 viewsElderGrizzly

Midfield on 17:34 - Dec 28 by Luk38644

That front four worked perfectly against Sunderland and it was mainly due to McG playing centrally rather than on the right. McG was pinging passes left, right and centre and is clearly better playing centrally while Waghorn drifted in at the back post, is a powerful runner if playing out wide and can hold his own.

I think playing Leon Best would have worked against Sunderland.... :)

But i know what you mean and more often than not, what you described in the last line is what happens.

At least we have Moore as an option from the bench in January
Midfield on 18:29 - Dec 28 with 4332 viewsNazemariner

Desperately need another one if not two central midfielders. With the system we are currently adopting you need two proper CMs in there. We only have one fit at the moment, and a few weeks ago he was considered a RB.
Midfield on 18:41 - Dec 28 with 4306 viewsHerbivore

Midfield on 17:34 - Dec 28 by Luk38644

It was fine against Sunderland but was badly exposed by Fulham and Norwich who had all of their joy down our right hand side. Waghorn is a willing runner but he doesn't know where he needs to be when he doesn't have the ball and he's playing out wide. Both him and Didz are better centrally but Didz is more able to do the defensive side out wide despite being more of a flair player. Personally I'd give Garner a break and have Waghorn leading the attack with Didz in behind.

Midfield on 18:49 - Dec 28 with 4294 viewsEireannach_gorm

Adam McDonnell's loan is up on 2nd Jan.

https://www.theshots.co.uk/fowler-mcdonnell-january/
Midfield on 18:51 - Dec 28 with 4289 viewsHerbivore

Midfield on 18:49 - Dec 28 by Eireannach_gorm

Adam McDonnell's loan is up on 2nd Jan.

https://www.theshots.co.uk/fowler-mcdonnell-january/

He's already back here, mate. We recalled him, he was on the bench at Wolves.

Login to get fewer ads

Midfield on 18:53 - Dec 28 with 4277 viewsNazemariner

Midfield on 18:51 - Dec 28 by Herbivore

Should of come on ahead of Ward too.

Mick out!
Midfield on 19:02 - Dec 28 with 4251 viewsEireannach_gorm

Midfield on 18:51 - Dec 28 by Herbivore

Thanks for the correction. He was there again for the QPR game, I see . At least he is getting on the bench now.
Midfield on 19:17 - Dec 28 with 4220 viewsPilgrimblue

Midfield on 19:02 - Dec 28 by Eireannach_gorm

Thanks for the correction. He was there again for the QPR game, I see . At least he is getting on the bench now.

But not sure MM will keep him in squad.

MM still putting square pegs in round holes with playing forwards in mid. This results in papering over cracks in midfield where's not enough to either support the forwards or back up defence. It's too muddled for me so MM needs to revert to 442 with say two additions in midfield plus we will have Moore back.
Midfield on 19:23 - Dec 28 with 4204 viewsHerbivore

Midfield on 18:53 - Dec 28 by Nazemariner

Should of come on ahead of Ward too.

Mick out!

Ward started at Wolves, mate.

Midfield on 19:24 - Dec 28 with 4198 viewsHerbivore

Midfield on 19:17 - Dec 28 by Pilgrimblue

But not sure MM will keep him in squad.

MM still putting square pegs in round holes with playing forwards in mid. This results in papering over cracks in midfield where's not enough to either support the forwards or back up defence. It's too muddled for me so MM needs to revert to 442 with say two additions in midfield plus we will have Moore back.

The system is right imo, we just need better balance in the wide attacking roles.

Midfield on 19:30 - Dec 28 with 4176 viewsNazemariner

Midfield on 19:23 - Dec 28 by Herbivore

Ward started at Wolves, mate.

I know, I was there. It was on the right though. He bought him on to play in the middle against QPR. Another calamitous tactical decision by Dino Mick.
Midfield on 19:32 - Dec 28 with 4174 viewsHerbivore

Midfield on 19:30 - Dec 28 by Nazemariner

I know, I was there. It was on the right though. He bought him on to play in the middle against QPR. Another calamitous tactical decision by Dino Mick.

Okay.....

Midfield on 19:44 - Dec 28 with 4145 viewsNazemariner

Midfield on 19:32 - Dec 28 by Herbivore

Okay.....

I’m still angry about Saturday......soz
Midfield on 19:45 - Dec 28 with 4144 viewsLuk38644

Midfield on 18:41 - Dec 28 by Herbivore

It was fine against Sunderland but was badly exposed by Fulham and Norwich who had all of their joy down our right hand side. Waghorn is a willing runner but he doesn't know where he needs to be when he doesn't have the ball and he's playing out wide. Both him and Didz are better centrally but Didz is more able to do the defensive side out wide despite being more of a flair player. Personally I'd give Garner a break and have Waghorn leading the attack with Didz in behind.

I agree with you there, Norwich tore our right-hand side up and made Spence look overwhelmed, it's also where their goal ending up coming from!

Like you say, Waggy up top, Didz feeding, Celina wide left and Ward on the right would be worth a shot. It offers alot more balance. I do feel we lack decent wide options though, a shame Rowe hasn't kicked on!
Midfield on 19:51 - Dec 28 with 4131 viewsTIB

Weren’t there questions raised about Huws and Adeyemi’s injury proneness before we even signed them? We seem to have the most injury prone central midfield going...not to mention Hyam and now Bishop who show promise but cannot stay fit. Either way, midfield is totally depleted centrally and with Rowe going out on loan, I think we need to be bringing in another wide player also.

I believe Connoly’s contract is up at end of the season so it would be great to see a deal done for him to turn a loan into a permanent move and then bring in another loanee to help cover the injuries until the end of the season. Wishful thinking on my part though...I should probably lay off the peev

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Midfield on 19:52 - Dec 28 with 4125 viewsHerbivore

Midfield on 19:45 - Dec 28 by Luk38644

I agree with you there, Norwich tore our right-hand side up and made Spence look overwhelmed, it's also where their goal ending up coming from!

Like you say, Waggy up top, Didz feeding, Celina wide left and Ward on the right would be worth a shot. It offers alot more balance. I do feel we lack decent wide options though, a shame Rowe hasn't kicked on!

If there's money there to be spent then I'd bring in another option to play out wide, we're definitely lacking there. I like Ward but he needs to do more in terms of goals and assists if he's playing high up the pitch. Him and Celina also can't be relied on every game and I'd rather we didn't play a striker out there unless we're chasing the game and need to get forward players on the pitch.

Midfield on 19:54 - Dec 28 with 4115 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Midfield on 18:41 - Dec 28 by Herbivore

It was on scums left against Spence that caused us issues to be fair

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Midfield on 19:58 - Dec 28 with 4104 viewsPJH

Midfield on 19:54 - Dec 28 by The_Romford_Blue

I think our right hand side probably is the oppositions left Rommy.
Midfield on 19:59 - Dec 28 with 4100 viewsHerbivore

Midfield on 19:54 - Dec 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Their left is our right, mate.

Midfield on 20:00 - Dec 28 with 4096 viewsPJH

Midfield on 19:59 - Dec 28 by Herbivore

Their left is our right, mate.

I just tried to explain that.
Midfield on 20:18 - Dec 28 with 4053 viewsHerbivore

Midfield on 20:00 - Dec 28 by PJH

I just tried to explain that.

I must've been posting at the same time. Bless poor Rommers.

Midfield on 21:02 - Dec 28 with 3982 viewsDennyx4

Midfield on 19:45 - Dec 28 by Luk38644

Is the lad (Durnin?) we are getting from Ireland in January a wide player?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024