Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Vegan Milk? 21:29 - Dec 28 with 7702 viewsJ2BLUE

Not looking to kick anything off again...I would just PM people but there are quite a few vegans on here now.

I'm not vegan and never will be permanently but I quite like the thought of going heavily plant based with meat/animal products limited to three meals a week. I'm going to do a week or so proper vegan (once the mountain of Christmas cheese and bacon has been dealt with..) just for my own amusement and because I think I might actually enjoy it.

I like Koko coconut milk for cereal but it's not great in drinks. Looking for a decent one for tea if people have any recommendations. Cheers.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Best Vegan Milk? on 21:41 - Dec 28 with 6975 viewsFtnfwest

Does carnation count?
Best Vegan Milk? on 21:46 - Dec 28 with 6969 viewsJ2BLUE

Best Vegan Milk? on 21:41 - Dec 28 by Ftnfwest

Does carnation count?

Very good.

Truly impaired.

Best Vegan Milk? on 21:48 - Dec 28 with 6964 viewsFtnfwest

Best Vegan Milk? on 21:46 - Dec 28 by J2BLUE

Very good.

What I really want to know is whether eggs will count as one of the three ‘meat’ days? Or will you sneakily add them in as a fourth?
Best Vegan Milk? on 21:49 - Dec 28 with 6954 viewsstrikalite

Almond Milk?
Best Vegan Milk? on 21:50 - Dec 28 with 6960 viewsJ2BLUE

Best Vegan Milk? on 21:48 - Dec 28 by Ftnfwest

What I really want to know is whether eggs will count as one of the three ‘meat’ days? Or will you sneakily add them in as a fourth?

Eggs are an animal product. I won't be religious about it though. It's a loose aim.

Truly impaired.

Best Vegan Milk? on 21:56 - Dec 28 with 6949 viewsSwailsey

Hemp milk if you can afford it?

It’s pricey but the closest I have found to real milk.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Best Vegan Milk? on 22:06 - Dec 28 with 6926 viewseireblue

I don’t like any vegan milk in tea.

Starting to use Oatly for coffee and that works well. They do a nice creme fraiche as well.
Best Vegan Milk? on 22:12 - Dec 28 with 6916 viewsJ2BLUE

Best Vegan Milk? on 21:56 - Dec 28 by Swailsey

Hemp milk if you can afford it?

It’s pricey but the closest I have found to real milk.

Thanks, i'll try that.

Thanks Eire.

Just seen BBQ Popchips have whey in the seasoning...utter bastards.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Best Vegan Milk? on 22:25 - Dec 28 with 6897 viewsjpring89

Best Vegan Milk? on 22:06 - Dec 28 by eireblue

I don’t like any vegan milk in tea.

Starting to use Oatly for coffee and that works well. They do a nice creme fraiche as well.

Almond Milk is quite nice in tea.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Best Vegan Milk? on 22:53 - Dec 28 with 6876 viewsRyorry

I've tried all the almond & soya ones, this is by far & away the best for texture and neutral flavour (you can't really "taste" it in coffee or tea, which is good). Alpro Organic Wholebean. It's very "full-bodied" in texture - ie gives a nice, smooth, rounded feel. All the others taste a bit "thin" by comparison, tho the ordinary orange-carton Provamel is a decent second-best.

https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Alpro-Longlife-Organic-Unsweetened-Soya-Mi

As for the almond milks, Ecomil, with all its various flavours, is by far & away the best/nicest. Almonds produced in Spain too, not California.

I can't do coconut, so haven't tried any of those. The only hemp milk I tried I found disgusting!!
[Post edited 28 Dec 2017 22:55]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

on 08:16 - Dec 29 with 6776 views_

Best Vegan Milk? on 10:48 - Dec 29 with 6707 viewsJ2BLUE

Cheers all. I want to avoid soy but i'll definitely try the hemp milk and some unsweetened almond milk.

Got a delivery of MyProtein vegan bars being delivered later. I've been watching some vegan meal plan videos on Youtube to get some ideas. Are all vegan women hot?

Truly impaired.

Best Vegan Milk? on 11:07 - Dec 29 with 6691 viewsBluefish

Vegan half the week? Is that the equivilent of feeding a homeless person one day and kicking them on the street the next day?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Best Vegan Milk? on 11:16 - Dec 29 with 6687 viewsJ2BLUE

Best Vegan Milk? on 11:07 - Dec 29 by Bluefish

Vegan half the week? Is that the equivilent of feeding a homeless person one day and kicking them on the street the next day?

I think you might need to read the OP again.

Truly impaired.

Best Vegan Milk? on 11:20 - Dec 29 with 6683 viewsBluefish

Best Vegan Milk? on 11:16 - Dec 29 by J2BLUE

I think you might need to read the OP again.

Fair point I should have read it although i still havent. I thought it would start going on about your job if I went past the 2nd line

Best Vegan Milk? on 11:22 - Dec 29 with 6679 viewsJ2BLUE

Best Vegan Milk? on 11:20 - Dec 29 by Bluefish

Fair point I should have read it although i still havent. I thought it would start going on about your job if I went past the 2nd line

Nah I agree with what you said about me talking about it for years. I'm trying not to mention it until I post that i've handed my notice in.

Truly impaired.

Best Vegan Milk? on 11:27 - Dec 29 with 6669 viewsHerbivore

Almond milk for me. I really didn't like soya milk in tea but I can stomach almond milk just fine.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Best Vegan Milk? on 11:36 - Dec 29 with 6649 viewsBluefish

Best Vegan Milk? on 11:22 - Dec 29 by J2BLUE

Nah I agree with what you said about me talking about it for years. I'm trying not to mention it until I post that i've handed my notice in.

Make it happen but choose carefully. I moved this year after 17 years at my last place, it was a massive part of my life but my love had gone. Best thing I ever did

Best Vegan Milk? on 12:34 - Dec 29 with 6607 viewsHarry_Palmer

Best Vegan Milk? on 10:48 - Dec 29 by J2BLUE

Cheers all. I want to avoid soy but i'll definitely try the hemp milk and some unsweetened almond milk.

Got a delivery of MyProtein vegan bars being delivered later. I've been watching some vegan meal plan videos on Youtube to get some ideas. Are all vegan women hot?

I have always found this one of the best, It is expensive at £1.55 a litre but is currently on offer in Waitrose for £1.

To be honest I don't find any of them too great in tea, this is passable.....just.

https://groceries.morrisons.com/productImages/295/295360011_0_640x640.jpg?identi alt="Image result for good hemp"/>
Best Vegan Milk? on 13:42 - Dec 29 with 6574 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don't know many vegans, but I did go for it and try it once. She gave me hell of a slap so I won't be making that mistake again.

(I like unsweetened almond for museli. You can get a soya specifically for coffee that I struggle to spot the difference. Also the unsweetened whole bean soya from Alpro is ok).

I did some filming at the Alpro plant in the Netherlands. Really impressive set up and waste management systems, if you're into that sort of thing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Best Vegan Milk? on 13:20 - Jan 20 with 6338 viewsGogs

I tried making cashew 'milk' today. It's not cheap but honestly it's fine in coffee. Using raw cashews (cheapest locally I've found are from Grape tree, £11.99 for a kilo) 1 cup of them soaked overnight, liquidised with 3 cups of water and i used a spoonful of honey for sweetness (so not vegan, but you could sweeten with, sugar, agave etc). Has a whole milk, bordering on single cream texture but doesn't have a strong flavour at all so your coffee tastes of coffee, will try a hot chocolate with it later. I wouldn't say this will be a permanent switch for me (I'm not vegan/vegetarian) but it's a decent alternative for me.
Best Vegan Milk? on 13:41 - Jan 20 with 6299 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Best Vegan Milk? on 21:49 - Dec 28 by strikalite

Almond Milk?

Great with cereals and on porridge in the mornings, good in tea but does it curdle in coffee like soya always used to?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Best Vegan Milk? on 13:46 - Jan 20 with 6282 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hopefully as a practical helpful note to you wholefood fans you can all have them delivered at wholesale prices by Europes largest cooperative Suma if you can get an order above £250.....been doing it for years....pm if you want details

http://www.suma.coop

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Best Vegan Milk? on 13:55 - Jan 20 with 6265 viewsmonytowbray

Hemp or oat!

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Best Vegan Milk? on 14:51 - Jan 20 with 6223 viewsJ2BLUE

Hemp milk is genuinely awful. I never finished the mini carton.

I only really use milk in tea and even then it's a tiny amount. I use much less than one pint a week so I think i'm going to stick with cow's milk. I'll get organic if I can for the animal welfare standards.

Cheers all.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024