Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All too comfortable at ITFC 11:56 - Dec 31 with 1296 viewsJimmy86

Evans is clearly not investing enough money to make a genuine push for promotion, be it via the play offs or automatic promotion.

He seems, after 10 years of ownership happy to tread water in the championship and gives McCarthy, an experienced manager who clearly divides opinion, but someone who has perhaps learnt the trust of Evans to spend a sensible amount of cash. Not saying spend at the levels of Wolves or Derby, Derby have spent big for the last 4-5 season's and it is now only just coming to fruition.

When Mick says in his post match press conference that he won't be buying any players in the Jan window, it looks like loan deals and free transfers again, when we've had a half decent season. Injuries have now hit big style and it's not only the 1st XI but the bench, Evans is not giving us a realistic chance of being able to challenge for promotion.

Mick is seemingly happy to tow the Evans strategy, as he always mentions the fact he "knew the gig" when he was appointed. He's also got it cushty, as he's prob on a good contract and doesn't receive interference from above. Why does Mick not put more pressure on Evans to back him more with funds? Billy Davies was forever whinging about needing more funds, despite the fact he was backed fairly well.

All too comfortable at ITFC. Anyway here's to 2018. Happy new year to you all
All too comfortable at ITFC on 12:10 - Dec 31 with 1264 viewstractorboy1978

He's in a well paid job with little pressure from anyone that matters. Mick, despite being an ex pro and pundits favourite is not as highly thought of by owners around the country, particularly the growing number of foreign ones chucking money around in this division. He'd get another job but I'm doubtful it would be with a club with any greater resource or promotion prospect than us.

You are right though, it is all too comfortable from top to bottom. Milne says the right things about the ambition of the club but in reality he looks more of a clown every time he suggests we can get into the top 6 with our current strategy.
All too comfortable at ITFC on 12:17 - Dec 31 with 1253 viewsJimmy86

All too comfortable at ITFC on 12:10 - Dec 31 by tractorboy1978

He's in a well paid job with little pressure from anyone that matters. Mick, despite being an ex pro and pundits favourite is not as highly thought of by owners around the country, particularly the growing number of foreign ones chucking money around in this division. He'd get another job but I'm doubtful it would be with a club with any greater resource or promotion prospect than us.

You are right though, it is all too comfortable from top to bottom. Milne says the right things about the ambition of the club but in reality he looks more of a clown every time he suggests we can get into the top 6 with our current strategy.

And unfortunately that acceptance of mediocrity has spread to the terraces. I know, based on our budget we are definitely over achieving and credit to the much maligned Mick for that. He has generally done a good job with what he's had and expecting play offs or even promotion on such a shoestring budget is unrealistic.

We will end up in the top 10, not going up or not going down and that unfortunately is what Evans is seemingly happy with. He's not prepared to invest the appropriate money to get us promoted, which would wipe the debt clean and also get him is money back
All too comfortable at ITFC on 13:01 - Dec 31 with 1203 viewsBLUEGOLD

All too comfortable at ITFC on 12:17 - Dec 31 by Jimmy86

And unfortunately that acceptance of mediocrity has spread to the terraces. I know, based on our budget we are definitely over achieving and credit to the much maligned Mick for that. He has generally done a good job with what he's had and expecting play offs or even promotion on such a shoestring budget is unrealistic.

We will end up in the top 10, not going up or not going down and that unfortunately is what Evans is seemingly happy with. He's not prepared to invest the appropriate money to get us promoted, which would wipe the debt clean and also get him is money back

I woułd suggest that 10th is about as high as we might achieve without at least another 2 first 11 players coming in on loan.

Without that I would suggest somewhere like 14th will be where we end up, plus or minus 2 places.

Our budget is shoestring in comparison to the rest of the division and if we end up 14th that would be us beating our financial position.

Sad times indeed
All too comfortable at ITFC on 17:04 - Dec 31 with 1124 viewsBenters2

All too comfortable at ITFC on 13:01 - Dec 31 by BLUEGOLD

I woułd suggest that 10th is about as high as we might achieve without at least another 2 first 11 players coming in on loan.

Without that I would suggest somewhere like 14th will be where we end up, plus or minus 2 places.

Our budget is shoestring in comparison to the rest of the division and if we end up 14th that would be us beating our financial position.

Sad times indeed

Its also very boring isnt it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024