Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will the injury situation force our hand on Moore? 13:12 - Dec 31 with 1500 viewsSomethingBlue

We desperately need a midfielder, preferably one with a bit of presence who can look after the ball, and who — whisper it — we can keep fit. They aren't cheap so we will have to wheel and deal. Perhaps, in the current situation, that make it more likely that we'd take say £500k for Moore — we are top-heavy with forwards, much as Garner doesn't really convince me in the role he's playing, and can't really afford such an imbalance. Could now be a smart move to take some money for Moore while he's hot and reinvest it where we really need.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Will the injury situation force our hand on Moore? on 13:15 - Dec 31 with 1478 viewsAce_High1

£500k - whats Jonny Williams up to at the moment? 3 month loan should be about right.
Will the injury situation force our hand on Moore? on 13:17 - Dec 31 with 1467 viewsstantheman

Agree as I dont think Moore is a long term investment for us.
Will the injury situation force our hand on Moore? on 13:18 - Dec 31 with 1454 viewsEastTownBlue

Will the injury situation force our hand on Moore? on 13:15 - Dec 31 by Ace_High1

£500k - whats Jonny Williams up to at the moment? 3 month loan should be about right.

If our physios want even more work to take on ...
Will the injury situation force our hand on Moore? on 13:28 - Dec 31 with 1423 viewsJ2BLUE

£500k?!? We'd have been robbed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Will the injury situation force our hand on Moore? on 13:33 - Dec 31 with 1415 viewsHerbivore

I expect us to be looking to bring someone in on loan. It's hard to justify a permanent midfield signing when come preseason we'll already have (at least) Skuse, Huws, Adeyemi, Downes, Dozzell and Nydam on the books and I'd expect Bishop to still be here too. I know a number of them have had issues with injuries this term but we can only have so many CMs on pay roll permanently and we have some good players there when everyone is fit. I guess it then comes down to whether ME is happy to put his hand in his pocket for a decent loan signing or whether we need to wheel and deal. I'd like another wide option if we're looking at a permanent signing, we also need another centre back too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Will the injury situation force our hand on Moore? on 13:35 - Dec 31 with 1406 viewsSomethingBlue

Will the injury situation force our hand on Moore? on 13:28 - Dec 31 by J2BLUE

£500k?!? We'd have been robbed.

Not sure I can see the clubs mentioned going higher — and Moore is unproven at our level, and not exactly some up-and-coming prospect either. Would hope for more, but I think we are in a situation where we might just need to take and cash and then reinvest some. Guesswork obviously.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Will the injury situation force our hand on Moore? on 13:39 - Dec 31 with 1398 viewstextbackup

WHat do Rotherham have in midfield? Maybe a swap

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Will the injury situation force our hand on Moore? on 13:43 - Dec 31 with 1389 viewsHerbivore

Will the injury situation force our hand on Moore? on 13:35 - Dec 31 by SomethingBlue

Not sure I can see the clubs mentioned going higher — and Moore is unproven at our level, and not exactly some up-and-coming prospect either. Would hope for more, but I think we are in a situation where we might just need to take and cash and then reinvest some. Guesswork obviously.

I'd be tempted by £500k if we whacked a hefty sell on clause in there too. If he scores 30 this season and Rotherham don't go up a Championship side could easily part with £2m to £3m in the summer and we'd want a piece of that action.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024