Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? 22:03 - Jan 2 with 2345 viewswerringtonblue

I wasn't there - where does the blame lie for a capitulation like that? Or were Fulham just special for 7 minutes?
MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? on 22:06 - Jan 2 with 2322 viewshomer_123

Collective responsibility but we were struggling before the sending off.

Did people really expect us to keep a one nil lead after the Spence debacle?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? on 22:06 - Jan 2 with 2322 viewsGuthrum

Probably a combination of all of the above. Altho, to be fair, McCarthy on the sidelines cannot stop the team losing their heads and conceding a rash of goals like that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? on 22:09 - Jan 2 with 2288 viewsSWGF

Players aren't good enough (or capable to play in a way) to keep the ball, so it was always going to be a struggle. The way we play, we may have been able to hold out for 10mins with some last-ditch tackles & backs to the wall defending, but there was no chance we'd cope.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 22:10]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? on 22:11 - Jan 2 with 2265 viewsDarth_Koont

Definitely a bit special for those 7 minutes - even if we could have done better with a couple of them.

We'd actually improved in the game after a very scary first 20 minutes when we could have been couple down. So nicking a goal before half-time we looked more and more capable of frustrating them even if Fulham were the more likely to score. But after the sending off it was game over - just didn't think it would happen so freakishly.

Pronouns: He/Him

MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? on 22:12 - Jan 2 with 2241 viewswerringtonblue

MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? on 22:06 - Jan 2 by Guthrum

Probably a combination of all of the above. Altho, to be fair, McCarthy on the sidelines cannot stop the team losing their heads and conceding a rash of goals like that.

Have just seen the video of Spence - total idiot but it looked no different than the challenge on Sears before Spence lost his head in retaliation - or am I just biased?
MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? on 22:14 - Jan 2 with 2205 viewsDarth_Koont

MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? on 22:12 - Jan 2 by werringtonblue

Have just seen the video of Spence - total idiot but it looked no different than the challenge on Sears before Spence lost his head in retaliation - or am I just biased?

Spence's was nowhere near the ball. Unfortunately there was also bit of simulation to fool the ref and lino into thinking that it was shoulder to the head.

Pronouns: He/Him

MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? on 22:14 - Jan 2 with 2207 viewshomer_123

MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? on 22:12 - Jan 2 by werringtonblue

Biased....just watched it again at full speed.

Challenge on Sears is strong but shoulder to shoulder and the ball is there.

Spence is very late, no ball and a def red.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? on 22:15 - Jan 2 with 2198 viewslazyblue

Watch it again then, Spence was an idiot!
Login to get fewer ads

MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? on 22:16 - Jan 2 with 2180 viewsGuthrum

If it's off the ball, then becomes a whole different level of trouble.

MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? on 22:16 - Jan 2 with 2166 viewsStokieBlue

MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? on 22:14 - Jan 2 by homer_123

Biased....just watched it again at full speed.

Challenge on Sears is strong but shoulder to shoulder and the ball is there.

Spence is very late, no ball and a def red.

Also a cheeky raised knee by Spence to try and do a bit of extra damage.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? on 22:17 - Jan 2 with 2153 viewsJohnny_Boy

MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? on 22:09 - Jan 2 by SWGF

Players aren't good enough (or capable to play in a way) to keep the ball, so it was always going to be a struggle. The way we play, we may have been able to hold out for 10mins with some last-ditch tackles & backs to the wall defending, but there was no chance we'd cope.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 22:10]

Trying to nick points through Fine Margins. It's difficult enough without being reduced to 10 men.
I checked the stats just as Spence saw red. 2 shots / 1 on target. That was the fine margin right there.

Unfortunately, we had another 35mins to play after the sending off.

I didn't think we'd get anything from tonight. So I guess we just chalk it to a bad day at the office after a silly petulant act.
MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? on 22:19 - Jan 2 with 2138 viewsstrikalite

Do you know Iain Wardell werringtonblue?
MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? on 22:24 - Jan 2 with 2102 viewsFtnfwest

Possession stats are often meaningless as we all know but when it enables you to have 25 shots to 3 what should we expect? They are just much better than us I’m afraid
MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? on 22:29 - Jan 2 with 2078 viewsGuthrum

MM's fault or the players not being responsible enough or just not good enough? on 22:24 - Jan 2 by Ftnfwest

Possession stats are often meaningless as we all know but when it enables you to have 25 shots to 3 what should we expect? They are just much better than us I’m afraid

That's possession used properly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024