Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? 11:38 - Jan 3 with 12463 viewsJ2BLUE

Surely it's just depressing now? There were still a surprising number of houses with decorations not only still up but actually switched on (lights etc) as I drove home last night. I find it odd.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 11:45 - Jan 3 with 6351 viewsitfcjoe

Not really depressing - my little boy loves our Xmas lights and we've not had a chance to take them down as yet as Mrs itfcjoe was waiting for me to get back to work to do so

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 11:47 - Jan 3 with 6348 viewsJoeSoap

There are twelve days of Christmas, Mr Scrooge.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 11:48 - Jan 3 with 6343 viewssilkcutblue

Not as odd as putting them up far to early before Xmas we are still in the twelve days of Xmas afterall
Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 11:49 - Jan 3 with 6339 viewshoppy

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 11:45 - Jan 3 by itfcjoe

Not really depressing - my little boy loves our Xmas lights and we've not had a chance to take them down as yet as Mrs itfcjoe was waiting for me to get back to work to do so

Is that because you'd get in the way, whereas itfcjoe junior will be helping her?

I think that's why KJ waited until today to have Yasmin's 'help' while I've come back to work.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 11:55 - Jan 3 with 6308 viewsBluebell

Saturday is the 12th day of Christmas. It is unlucky to take them down before then (as my superstitious mother used to say!)

Now.... we have tickets for the game on Saturday or we could stay at home and take the decorations down. Which will it be?
Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 11:58 - Jan 3 with 6291 viewshoppy

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 11:55 - Jan 3 by Bluebell

Saturday is the 12th day of Christmas. It is unlucky to take them down before then (as my superstitious mother used to say!)

Now.... we have tickets for the game on Saturday or we could stay at home and take the decorations down. Which will it be?

If you choose taking the christmas decorations down over going to the match, I think you need to take a long hard look at yourselves. You've got 364 other days of the year you could be doing that...

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 12:03 - Jan 3 with 6280 viewsstrikalite

We came back to work on the 27th and the works decorations had been taken down and put back in the cabinet by the boss on the 23rd(Saturday)....I kid you not.
Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 12:10 - Jan 3 with 6258 viewsBluebell

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 11:58 - Jan 3 by hoppy

If you choose taking the christmas decorations down over going to the match, I think you need to take a long hard look at yourselves. You've got 364 other days of the year you could be doing that...

Hmmm............ but we have to travel 150 miles to get to a game (I don't think I have ever mentioned that ) and were at the games on BoxingDay, last Saturday and Craven Cottage yesterday evening.

Difficult decision which I will ponder over while I eat my fresh crusty bread rolls containing stilton and pickled onions which I have just made!
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 12:15 - Jan 3 with 6238 viewshoppy

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 12:10 - Jan 3 by Bluebell

Hmmm............ but we have to travel 150 miles to get to a game (I don't think I have ever mentioned that ) and were at the games on BoxingDay, last Saturday and Craven Cottage yesterday evening.

Difficult decision which I will ponder over while I eat my fresh crusty bread rolls containing stilton and pickled onions which I have just made!

As long as you have a long hard look at yourself too.

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 12:40 - Jan 3 with 6184 viewsJ2BLUE

Madness. I could just about understand the 12 days thing if it ended on Christmas Day or even New Year's Eve but 6th Jan? Hmm.

Truly impaired.

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 12:49 - Jan 3 with 6166 viewshoppy

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 12:40 - Jan 3 by J2BLUE

Madness. I could just about understand the 12 days thing if it ended on Christmas Day or even New Year's Eve but 6th Jan? Hmm.

Never had you down as the bah humbug type...

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 12:53 - Jan 3 with 6153 viewsGeoffSentence

Yep, they stay up until twelfth night. I wish they stayed up longer really, the lights brighten up these long, dark, gloomy nights.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 12:54 - Jan 3 with 6142 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 12:49 - Jan 3 by hoppy

Never had you down as the bah humbug type...

I always just assumed the 12 days of Christmas ended sometime in December.

Truly impaired.

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 12:56 - Jan 3 with 6136 viewsFtnfwest

Come down New Years Day, fresh start and all that. Down by 12th night is the old adage isnt it?
Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 12:56 - Jan 3 with 6135 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Just took my Christmas Decks down. Now stop spying on me J2Blue!!

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 12:57 - Jan 3 with 6133 viewsGeoffSentence

Christmas for Orthodox christians is 6th January. I vote we all keep our decorations up for the 12 days of Orthodox Christmas.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 12:58 - Jan 3 with 6122 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 12:56 - Jan 3 by Ipswich_Crazy

Just took my Christmas Decks down. Now stop spying on me J2Blue!!

I have no idea who you are. I was spying on my mate Sneeky_King.

Truly impaired.

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 13:00 - Jan 3 with 6106 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 12:58 - Jan 3 by J2BLUE

I have no idea who you are. I was spying on my mate Sneeky_King.

Sneeky_King is me! I changed from sneeky_King to my original name Ipswich_Crazy for trying to act dumb

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 13:05 - Jan 3 with 6085 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 13:00 - Jan 3 by Ipswich_Crazy

Sneeky_King is me! I changed from sneeky_King to my original name Ipswich_Crazy for trying to act dumb

I don't believe you. You've killed Sneeky_King and stolen his identity.

Truly impaired.

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 13:21 - Jan 3 with 6043 viewslongtimefan

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 12:56 - Jan 3 by Ftnfwest

Come down New Years Day, fresh start and all that. Down by 12th night is the old adage isnt it?

Yes it’s old. A bit like ........Christmas
Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 13:37 - Jan 3 with 6015 viewsGlasgowBlue

Of course. It's for the kids innit. Us adults may think that Christmas is over but when I cast my mind back Christmas officially ended when we went back to school.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 13:45 - Jan 3 with 6000 viewsdickie

I came downstairs, bleary eyed on the 27th and Mrs Dickie was removing baubles and lights from the tree - she said "we don't have to actually take the tree down" (meaning "you don't have to hump this 22kg, 8ft plastic monstrosity up in the loft". Needless to say I wasn't prepared to stare at the sad sight of an unadorned Christmas tree so did as I wasn't (or was?!) told. Saying that, it's quite nice having the space back in the lounge (so as usual she was right!)
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 13:46]
Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 13:47 - Jan 3 with 5990 viewsdickie

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 13:45 - Jan 3 by dickie

I came downstairs, bleary eyed on the 27th and Mrs Dickie was removing baubles and lights from the tree - she said "we don't have to actually take the tree down" (meaning "you don't have to hump this 22kg, 8ft plastic monstrosity up in the loft". Needless to say I wasn't prepared to stare at the sad sight of an unadorned Christmas tree so did as I wasn't (or was?!) told. Saying that, it's quite nice having the space back in the lounge (so as usual she was right!)
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 13:46]

Not sure what happened to my italics there!
Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 13:47 - Jan 3 with 5990 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Ours are being taken down Saturday

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 17:24 - Jan 3 with 5899 viewsTLA

Anyone still got their Christmas decorations up? on 13:47 - Jan 3 by The_Romford_Blue

Ours are being taken down Saturday

We always take ours down when Town get knocked out of the FA Cup too Rommy - they used to stay up until April or May but these days they come down before 12th Night every year!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024