Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Marriot 12:30 - Jan 3 with 5806 viewsFrimleyBlue

Am I right or wrong in thinking when here, he was kept out by the likes of Scotland, Nouble, Fallon OR was he after this lovely period of Epic Strikers.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Jack Marriot on 12:33 - Jan 3 with 5776 viewsurbanblue

I was also trying to remember why we let him go? Wasn't he showing potential?
Jack Marriot on 12:34 - Jan 3 with 5753 viewsSwailsey

I think it was more Nouble and then latterly Salmon?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Jack Marriot on 12:37 - Jan 3 with 5733 viewsHerbivore

Jack Marriot on 12:33 - Jan 3 by urbanblue

We let him go because after an initial good loan spell at Woking he had a number of unsuccessful loan spells and was a mile away from our first team. The summer he left we were in the process of signing Pitman and already had Murphy, Didz and the recently signed Sears on our books. Sears had just had a very good end to the season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jack Marriot on 12:37 - Jan 3 with 5744 viewsPhilTWTD

Jack Marriot on 12:33 - Jan 3 by urbanblue

He drifted in his final season here and didn't really kick on having had a decent time on loan at Woking a year or so beforehand. Think he's been one of those players who needed a drop down the divisions to give him a bit of a kick up the arse.
Jack Marriot on 12:38 - Jan 3 with 5721 viewspatrickswell

just checked his date of birth and he was 16 during the period that Fallon and Scotland were here. McCarthy loaned him out during 13-14, when Nouble looked if not a first choice striker than at least good back-up. There was a lovely McCarthy quote

I was there at Crawley in August 2014, you know, to witness the death of 3 ITFC strikers careers - Nouble (had a nightmare), Marriott (didn't get a kick) and Paul Taylor (serenaded by the fans on the night but always on the way out. He had a decent game).
Jack Marriot on 12:40 - Jan 3 with 5698 viewsFrimleyBlue

Jack Marriot on 12:37 - Jan 3 by PhilTWTD

He drifted in his final season here and didn't really kick on having had a decent time on loan at Woking a year or so beforehand. Think he's been one of those players who needed a drop down the divisions to give him a bit of a kick up the arse.

Out of interest. No idea if it's a football manger thing, but have we never looked into the buyback clauses when we do let these players go (im assuming he wasn't released)
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 12:43]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Jack Marriot on 12:43 - Jan 3 with 5643 viewsHerbivore

Jack Marriot on 12:40 - Jan 3 by FrimleyBlue

Out of interest. No idea if it's a football manger thing, but have we never looked into the buyback clauses when we do let these players go (im assuming he wasn't released)

He was released.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jack Marriot on 12:44 - Jan 3 with 5645 viewsPinewoodblue

You are no doubt right about him drifting but surely it was down to our management team, as much as Jack himself, to do the motivating. A kick up the arse isn't the only method.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Marriot on 12:44 - Jan 3 with 5638 viewsPhilTWTD

Jack Marriot on 12:40 - Jan 3 by FrimleyBlue

He was released, so not an option. I seem to remember us having first dibs on someone if he was made available by whoever we sold him to but I think it was some years ago and I forget who it was.

On a similar note, there's usually a sell-on on deals which means it's cheaper for us to buy back our players than it is for anyone else to buy them.
Jack Marriot on 13:01 - Jan 3 with 5519 viewsbenno1uk

It was something along the lines of "He's not a proper bloke".

I.e. he was under 30, didn't have a beard and wasn't into golf.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 13:01]
Jack Marriot on 13:11 - Jan 3 with 5476 viewsWestcountryblue

Like a lot of town players, i think we were too hasty.

Most players only start to realise their potential once they have stopped growing and developed physically at the age of 22-23. That's why Bish, Nydam and Downes are struggling as it's tough on the body going full tilt in the Championship fixtures when your body is still growing and developing.

Marriot is stronger, quicker and much more physical these day's at Peterborough, and i think as Brian Klug eluded to recently, this is because with some players you have to wait longer for them to flourish. Not everybody is built like Tyrone Mings and Connor Wickham.
Jack Marriot on 13:27 - Jan 3 with 5394 viewslongtimefan

Jack Marriot on 13:11 - Jan 3 by Westcountryblue

Most players only start to realise their potential once they have stopped growing and developed physically at the age of 22-23. That's why Bish, Nydam and Downes are struggling as it's tough on the body going full tilt in the Championship fixtures when your body is still growing and developing.

Marriot is stronger, quicker and much more physical these day's at Peterborough, and i think as Brian Klug eluded to recently, this is because with some players you have to wait longer for them to flourish. Not everybody is built like Tyrone Mings and Connor Wickham.

Whatever happened to Connor Wickham?
Jack Marriot on 13:34 - Jan 3 with 5365 viewsSW6Tractor

Jack Marriot on 13:27 - Jan 3 by longtimefan

Whatever happened to Connor Wickham?

Like Mings, has struggled with significant injuries over the last couple of years.
Jack Marriot on 13:36 - Jan 3 with 5354 viewsitfcjoe

Think a few opportunities here could also have worked as that kick up the backside personally

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jack Marriot on 13:51 - Jan 3 with 5281 viewsPhilTWTD

Jack Marriot on 13:36 - Jan 3 by itfcjoe

Think a few opportunities here could also have worked as that kick up the backside personally

Perhaps, not sure he did much to warrant that though.
Jack Marriot on 13:56 - Jan 3 with 5254 viewsitfcjoe

Jack Marriot on 13:51 - Jan 3 by PhilTWTD

Perhaps, not sure he did much to warrant that though.

A hatful of goals in the U21s, as a striker it's easier to give minutes here and there to someone too

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jack Marriot on 15:25 - Jan 3 with 5137 viewsbluehook

What game time was he given at Town though?
A little like Moore 5 or 10 mins at the end of a game that we’re losing?
Jack Marriot on 15:32 - Jan 3 with 5124 viewspatrickswell

Jack Marriot on 15:25 - Jan 3 by bluehook

What game time was he given at Town though?
A little like Moore 5 or 10 mins at the end of a game that we’re losing?

Mick picked him for the final game of 2012-13 at Burnley. I remember a lovely quote from Mick afterwards, "He said 'thanks for picking me'. I said, 'thanks for being good enough."
Jack Marriot on 15:49 - Jan 3 with 5085 viewsBluetone

Jack Marriot on 13:11 - Jan 3 by Westcountryblue

deleted
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 16:40]

Blog: My Life and Times as an Ipswich Supporter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024