Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football fans 14:28 - Jan 3 with 6317 viewsHerbivore

Assuming the story turns out to be correct, what the actual fck is wrong with some footy fans? Utter scum:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42549246

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Football fans on 14:37 - Jan 3 with 5169 viewsPJH

If it does turn out to be correct the question should not be what is wrong with some footy fans? but what is wrong with some humans?

I think it is more likely to be the case of a nasty human being that happens to go to football-if it turns out to be correct.
Football fans on 14:45 - Jan 3 with 5133 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

When I saw the video of him going at the fan, I couldn’t think of anything that would make him go off like that.

Of course I’d forgotten about what happened with his kid. If that is indeed what was said to him, the fan ought to be jailed.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Football fans on 14:52 - Jan 3 with 5071 viewsbenno1uk

West 'am innit
Football fans on 14:58 - Jan 3 with 5029 viewschristiand

Did you see the story about Falkirk fans throwing fake eyes on to the pitch to taunt Dunfermline midfielder Dean Shiels on Tuesday night? He had lost sight in one eye due to a domestic incident when he was a child, he eventually had it taken out in 2006. Two of Falkirk's players were given bans earlier in the season by the SFA due to them provoking Shiels about his eyesight. Honestly, some people are complete bell*nds!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Football fans on 14:59 - Jan 3 with 5018 viewstextbackup

Should obviously read ‘in life there are some utter cnts’

Not generalise football fans with that comment, remember you too are a football fan, and you wouldn’t say such an awful comment would you

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Football fans on 15:02 - Jan 3 with 4994 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Football fans on 14:58 - Jan 3 by christiand

Did you see the story about Falkirk fans throwing fake eyes on to the pitch to taunt Dunfermline midfielder Dean Shiels on Tuesday night? He had lost sight in one eye due to a domestic incident when he was a child, he eventually had it taken out in 2006. Two of Falkirk's players were given bans earlier in the season by the SFA due to them provoking Shiels about his eyesight. Honestly, some people are complete bell*nds!!

Yeah, but that’s just Scottish people for you...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Football fans on 15:04 - Jan 3 with 4984 viewsIllinoisblue

this one intrigues me; firstly where do you get fake eyes from? Secondly, there's THAT sort of hatred between Falkirk and Dunfermline?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Football fans on 15:08 - Jan 3 with 4971 viewsBlueBadger

It's the logical conclusion of the 'I've paid my money I can say what I like and anyway it's football' mentality. Again, assuming this is correct the 'fan' in question probably thinks that HE'S the victim here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:11 - Jan 3 with 4951 viewschristiand

Football fans on 15:04 - Jan 3 by Illinoisblue

this one intrigues me; firstly where do you get fake eyes from? Secondly, there's THAT sort of hatred between Falkirk and Dunfermline?

Yes they are rivals, but no excuse even if they believe it is 'banter' just disgusting. They should be banned for life, I hope Falkirk track those supporters down. At least Dunfermline won, I hope Shiels went over and reminded them what the score was at the final whistle!!!
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 15:14]

Football fans on 15:12 - Jan 3 with 4952 viewsIllinoisblue

what the actual fk is right with some football fans? Saving lives like this:

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Football fans on 15:17 - Jan 3 with 4902 viewschristiand

Football fans on 15:12 - Jan 3 by Illinoisblue

what the actual fk is right with some football fans? Saving lives like this:

That's the type of story that should be getting more coverage.

Football fans on 15:25 - Jan 3 with 4867 viewschicoazul

Possibility for jumping in crowd: Angry exchange with West Ham fan over dead son.

Anyone surprised?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Football fans on 15:30 - Jan 3 with 4848 viewsMullet

Today the bloke from Ardwick who racially assaulted Sterling was given a community order too.

These are the problems you get when you let the public out in public innit.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Football fans on 16:12 - Jan 3 with 4717 viewsbraveblue

Football fans on 15:02 - Jan 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yeah, but that’s just Scottish people for you...

That is a racist remark. Apologise.
Football fans on 16:17 - Jan 3 with 4682 viewspoppiesman

Expect that from West Ham, horrible club with horrible fans. Hopefully the club will ban the moron who said it for life, but I doubt it. Its clear on TV which fan said it as well, fat bald bloke standing up.
Football fans on 16:19 - Jan 3 with 4673 viewsTheBlueBarca

I don't know at what point you'd ever think, hes having a bad game, lets have a pop at him for his child dying? That's absolutely sick and angers me to my core. I remember a few years ago when a fan (think it was an England fan) told Becks he hoped his kid died of cancer.

I mean just what goes through their minds? I am pretty upset at whats happened here at ITFC but would I wish death on Evans? Absolutely not. No sane, rational person would do either.

Sick people.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Football fans on 16:20 - Jan 3 with 4670 viewsHerbivore

Football fans on 14:59 - Jan 3 by textbackup

Should obviously read ‘in life there are some utter cnts’

Not generalise football fans with that comment, remember you too are a football fan, and you wouldn’t say such an awful comment would you

It happened in a football stadium, the abuse came from a fan. There are lots of other instances of football fans engaging in unsavoury behaviour in stadiums (our lot with the Fashanu chant for starters, homophobic chants aimed at Brighton constantly). It's not like this chap came up to him in the street and made a comment about his dead child. I think the context is relevant. Nowhere have I suggested that all fans behave this way but it does seem some people think that it's okay to behave a certain way in a football ground that they'd never dream of behaving anywhere else.

Football fans on 16:31 - Jan 3 with 4610 viewsPJH

Football fans on 16:20 - Jan 3 by Herbivore

It happened in a football stadium, the abuse came from a fan. There are lots of other instances of football fans engaging in unsavoury behaviour in stadiums (our lot with the Fashanu chant for starters, homophobic chants aimed at Brighton constantly). It's not like this chap came up to him in the street and made a comment about his dead child. I think the context is relevant. Nowhere have I suggested that all fans behave this way but it does seem some people think that it's okay to behave a certain way in a football ground that they'd never dream of behaving anywhere else.

But for somebody to say something like that(if it was said) they must have it within themselves to think and say things like that whether they are inside a football ground or not.
Football fans on 16:47 - Jan 3 with 4561 viewsHerbivore

Football fans on 16:31 - Jan 3 by PJH

But for somebody to say something like that(if it was said) they must have it within themselves to think and say things like that whether they are inside a football ground or not.

True, but I seriously doubt he'd have walked up to Livermore on the street and said it.

Football fans on 16:50 - Jan 3 with 4538 viewsPJH

Football fans on 16:47 - Jan 3 by Herbivore

True, but I seriously doubt he'd have walked up to Livermore on the street and said it.

Quite likely not but my original point was that if he said it he said it because he is a nasty human being, not just a nasty football fan.
Either way, as you said in your OP, utter scum.
Football fans on 16:52 - Jan 3 with 4525 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Football fans on 16:12 - Jan 3 by braveblue

That is a racist remark. Apologise.

Good grief

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Football fans on 16:53 - Jan 3 with 4517 viewsjeera

Football fans on 16:31 - Jan 3 by PJH

Maybe, maybe not.

Some seem to not actually make the connection that 'famous' people are real humans.

That, and the perceived security of being amongst numbers of course.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Football fans on 16:59 - Jan 3 with 4488 viewsPJH

Football fans on 16:53 - Jan 3 by jeera

Maybe, maybe not.

Some seem to not actually make the connection that 'famous' people are real humans.

That, and the perceived security of being amongst numbers of course.

I agree that the fact that he was possibly with his mates made him braver but even thinking something like that, let alone saying it, should not come naturally to a decent person.
Football fans on 17:02 - Jan 3 with 4473 viewsjeera

Football fans on 16:59 - Jan 3 by PJH

I agree that the fact that he was possibly with his mates made him braver but even thinking something like that, let alone saying it, should not come naturally to a decent person.

"...thinking something like that, let alone saying it, should not come naturally to a decent person."

I'd like to think that goes without saying.

But I am continuously surprised by people.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Football fans on 17:07 - Jan 3 with 4450 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Football fans on 16:47 - Jan 3 by Herbivore

Quite. Safety in numbers, perhaps. While it's not being a football fan that causes such behaviour, it's an environment that leads a very small minority into a chest-beating bravado contest where anything goes against people wearing a different shirt. Certainly though, if that tribal mentality can take over your whole moral compass, it's probably not very well oriented towards right-mindedness at the best of times.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024