Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? 15:16 - Jan 4 with 18191 viewsclive_baker

It seems to me that there's a spectrum among TWTD posters with regards to their anonymity from the real world. From those that post under their real names, to those that have username's but make no secret of their real identity. There also appears to be posters that know each other through other means, but know each other posts on here. Then, seemingly, posters who only know each other in real life through TWTD, having met at games etc. To posters that maintain a distinctly seperate TWTD profile from their real life one.

Personally, I enjoy relative anonymity on here (I think), partly through design and partly circumstance. With the exception of a couple of posters who I know in 'real life', I'm sure there are many more on here I know but we don't know that we know (if that makes sense?). It's all a matter of personal preference of course.

[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 15:18]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:22 - Jan 4 with 7380 viewsBlueBadger

I prefer relative anonymity. Particularly given that in recent times, a couple of weirdos took the ARSE with me being silly on the internet and try their hand at TAXIng my patience by PM-ing and posting on the forum various personal details.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 18:46]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:25 - Jan 4 with 7362 viewsDubtractor

I prefer to keep relative anonymity, though have prob let on more info about myself on here than I should.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:28 - Jan 4 with 7351 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anonymity is best. I'd hate to realise I'd crossed swords with some of you at a swinger's party.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:30 - Jan 4 with 7343 viewsxrayspecs

I have no idea who I am
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:37 - Jan 4 with 7320 viewsTLA

recently I've met a few posters and it's been excellent.

I'll go in the group that doesn't mind if people know the real life me - it's one of the great things about an internet forum that has a common purpose which includes the chance to say hello to others in person.
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:37 - Jan 4 with 7320 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’m quite happy with people knowing who I am (hence linking a few tweets over the years) on here.Obviously when that crosses a line as it did once with cruncher, that’s not what you want to happen.

I’ve met about 20/25 people on this site at games. I stand in front of Brogs at games and often see SteveM on my train after home games. Plus there’s the away regulars that seem to know each other now - (PJH, Bluebell, Steve, Bloons, Mullet, Brogs etc) - I bump into at most away games nowadays.

When we only take a 1000 to northern games, you know people by faces. Some of those happen to also be on TWTD when you get to know them.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 15:39]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:37 - Jan 4 with 7316 viewsitfcjoe

I'm relatively open about who I am, that's just for ease more than anything as easier to keep up and fact that initially on Twitter I was just my name and it's generally easy to work out who is who if you look hard enough and people allow you to.

I'm also in a position where I'm not too worried about people knowing me, I can't sack myself, and generally don't end to upset people so don't need to worry about a smear campaign

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:41 - Jan 4 with 7287 viewsNewcyBlue

I am just a bot built by Gav, under advice from BlueAs, at the request of Pazelle’s lizard overlords.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 15:43]

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:41 - Jan 4 with 7287 viewschicoazul

Immensely sad man that I am I have been posting here for 20 years anonymously and will always do so. I would love to meet some of you IRL but it will never happen.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:45 - Jan 4 with 7265 viewsKieran_Knows

Like yourself, I do enjoy the relative anonymity on here. I only know a handful of posters on here in real life, with R_I_G being a very good mate of mine. That said, I would be open to meeting others from here in real life, and I wouldn’t be that fussed if more people recognised who I was (through twitter or such like).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:46 - Jan 4 with 7253 viewsSwailsey

I've been far too open about myself!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:48 - Jan 4 with 7243 viewsSwansea_Blue

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:41 - Jan 4 by chicoazul

Immensely sad man that I am I have been posting here for 20 years anonymously and will always do so. I would love to meet some of you IRL but it will never happen.

Understandable given your circumstances. When's your release date again?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:50 - Jan 4 with 7234 viewsPJH

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:37 - Jan 4 by The_Romford_Blue

I’m quite happy with people knowing who I am (hence linking a few tweets over the years) on here.Obviously when that crosses a line as it did once with cruncher, that’s not what you want to happen.

I’ve met about 20/25 people on this site at games. I stand in front of Brogs at games and often see SteveM on my train after home games. Plus there’s the away regulars that seem to know each other now - (PJH, Bluebell, Steve, Bloons, Mullet, Brogs etc) - I bump into at most away games nowadays.

When we only take a 1000 to northern games, you know people by faces. Some of those happen to also be on TWTD when you get to know them.

Of those you mention I only actually know Bluebell(and you) although I have no doubt seen some of the others without knowing who they are.
The number of TWTDers that I know that I have met only add up to about 7 or 8 but I would have seen a lot more without realising it.

Maybe we could wear a TWTD badge or something.

edit-actually I have met slightly more TWTDers than I thought because I met 5 others for the one and only time at KJ's Children In Need quiz the November before last.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 17:32]
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:52 - Jan 4 with 7221 viewsITFC_Forever

A number of people on here have worked out who I am on Twitter and I post on Twitter under my real name, as Joe says, it's not that difficult to do if you match posts on here to Twitter.

And I also know a reasonable number of TWTDers in real life .... some I knew anyway (Phil, Something Blue, Throbbe), and others I have met through Twitter (Joe, Steve M, Texters, Maccy D) and they have introduced me to others from on here (Hoppy, KJ, Newcy, Guthrum, Mullet).

I also know who a few are in real life without actually having spoken to them (Sitters for one).
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 16:19]

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:54 - Jan 4 with 7210 viewsSwansea_Blue

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:50 - Jan 4 by PJH

Of those you mention I only actually know Bluebell(and you) although I have no doubt seen some of the others without knowing who they are.
The number of TWTDers that I know that I have met only add up to about 7 or 8 but I would have seen a lot more without realising it.

Maybe we could wear a TWTD badge or something.

edit-actually I have met slightly more TWTDers than I thought because I met 5 others for the one and only time at KJ's Children In Need quiz the November before last.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 17:32]

An easily recognisable hat maybe?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:58 - Jan 4 with 7193 viewsSwansea_Blue

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:22 - Jan 4 by BlueBadger

I prefer relative anonymity. Particularly given that in recent times, a couple of weirdos took the ARSE with me being silly on the internet and try their hand at TAXIng my patience by PM-ing and posting on the forum various personal details.

Some people take this place too seriously

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:59 - Jan 4 with 7184 viewsKieran_Knows

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:22 - Jan 4 by BlueBadger

I still can’t believe that someone would do that. Pathetic.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 16:00]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:00 - Jan 4 with 7174 viewsclive_baker

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:37 - Jan 4 by The_Romford_Blue

I've seen you at various games chap, maybe i'll introduce myself next time :)

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:05 - Jan 4 with 7151 viewsmaccyd9

Really not fussed if people know who I am.

I'm mates with ITFCJoe, NSBlu1, IpswichLoyal, Texters and probably a few I've missed off.

Always have a chat with RIG, ITFCForever, Taximan, Micknows when I see them and have this season had the pleasure of sitting almost next to Steve M.
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:08 - Jan 4 with 7128 viewsSwailsey

I'd always like to chat to more users from here.

I'm in pretty regular contact with TLA, DubTractor and Newcy, as well as having met Callis, Hoppy (a good few times!), Libero and Bluewin.

I'd like to meet Glasgow, J2 and Rommy, and most other people really. There's only 2 or 3 who I have had less than pleasant exchanges with on here.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 16:09]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:09 - Jan 4 with 7128 viewsBluebell

I am very private and nobody on here actually knows where I live although I have probably mentioned once or twice that it is 150 miles away. That in itself is a lie but near enough give or take 20 miles.

I have only even met a few. The ones I can remember off the top of my head at the moment are Sitters, Hoppy and KJ, PJH, Rommy, Benters, Ryorry, Tractorgirl and Mullet.

As PJH says, I have probably seen more TWTDers as I go to a lot of away games too, but wouldn't recognise them.
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:09 - Jan 4 with 7123 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:00 - Jan 4 by clive_baker

I've seen you at various games chap, maybe i'll introduce myself next time :)

Go for it - I’ll have my customary Ipswich coat and man bag on as usual

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:12 - Jan 4 with 7093 viewshype313

Can't miss me, I'm the one walking up and down Sir Alf Ramsey way with a microphone.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:13 - Jan 4 with 7085 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:08 - Jan 4 by Swailsey

I'd always like to chat to more users from here.

I'm in pretty regular contact with TLA, DubTractor and Newcy, as well as having met Callis, Hoppy (a good few times!), Libero and Bluewin.

I'd like to meet Glasgow, J2 and Rommy, and most other people really. There's only 2 or 3 who I have had less than pleasant exchanges with on here.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 16:09]

I’d like to meet you too. And J2.

Despite helping Luke8194 out by using his account for away tickets the last couple of seasons, can’t believe I’ve never met him.

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:14 - Jan 4 with 7077 viewsBluebell

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:09 - Jan 4 by The_Romford_Blue

Go for it - I’ll have my customary Ipswich coat and man bag on as usual

I didn't see you on Tuesday Rommy as we were late arriving at Craven Cottage (bloody tube trains!). I assume you were at the back? We were in Row J. We always seem to get near the front there.

I assume you made it there this time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024