Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... 16:56 - Jan 4 with 22045 viewsSomethingBlue

... and I think it would be a good deal for everyone. Palace get a very good goalkeeper. We get £4m or so for a 30-year-old GK with a year left who has never played in the top flight. Bart sees his chances of going to the World Cup suddenly skyrocket. Town, going neither up nor down, not critically damaged for this season. Handshakes and good wishes all round.

Dare I say it, too, another example of Mick making the club money from nothing.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:01 - Jan 4 with 7029 viewsBluefish

Well if i said it then it would be trolling to many on here ....

......of course it would also be spot on to those that appreciate football

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:02 - Jan 4 with 7033 viewsBent_double

Yep, does look like it's going to happen, doesn't it.

Did he come from Notts County on a free, or was there a fee involved, in which case there's probably a sell-on fee to go to them?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:02 - Jan 4 with 7031 viewsdavblue

He’s an excellent shot stopper, not sure he’s all round game is premiership quality though.

Good luck to him, if he gets the move his performances have been very good for the last 2years.
Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:05 - Jan 4 with 7018 viewsCaptainObvious

Absolute nonsense. It's a bad deal for the fans because the money is just deducted from the amount Evans puts into the club with maybe a few hundred thousand going into buying an inferior replacement, and the loss of our best player could well see us drop towards a relegation battle.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:07 - Jan 4 with 6998 viewsPhilTWTD

I think it is looking increasingly likely to happen.
Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:08 - Jan 4 with 6988 viewsKieran_Knows

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:07 - Jan 4 by PhilTWTD

I think it is looking increasingly likely to happen.

Presume Notts County have a sell on fee?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 17:08]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:09 - Jan 4 with 6983 viewstextbackup

And what the fck will we do with £4m? Take it off what ME puts in a season, then loan a few. What a great deal for all involved

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:14 - Jan 4 with 6947 viewsSomethingBlue

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:05 - Jan 4 by CaptainObvious

Absolute nonsense. It's a bad deal for the fans because the money is just deducted from the amount Evans puts into the club with maybe a few hundred thousand going into buying an inferior replacement, and the loss of our best player could well see us drop towards a relegation battle.

I agree that a failure to reinvest properly would cast our broader issues in an even starker light than they already are.

Good deal nonetheless. Let the player improve himself, he won't get this chance again. Contrary to the exaggerations peddled wantonly on here, Bart is not all that stands between our team and oblivion.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 17:21]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:14 - Jan 4 with 6943 viewsSWGF

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:09 - Jan 4 by textbackup

And what the fck will we do with £4m? Take it off what ME puts in a season, then loan a few. What a great deal for all involved

Yep...the money will disappear into the same hole that Murph's went. Miscellaneous wages for loans, contract extensions, reducing ME's input, etc.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:15 - Jan 4 with 6935 viewsRadlett_blue

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:09 - Jan 4 by textbackup

And, we have to replace Bart at a time when we also seem to want a back up keeper as well, although if Crowe isn't good enough to be back-up, what's he doing at the club?
As we will trigger the 1 year option on Bart, he'll still have decent value in the summer so I don't see the need to sell now.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:17 - Jan 4 with 6915 viewsCaptainObvious

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:14 - Jan 4 by SomethingBlue

I agree that a failure to reinvest properly would cast our broader issues in an even starker light than they already are.

Good deal nonetheless. Let the player improve himself, he won't get this chance again. Contrary to the exaggerations peddled wantonly on here, Bart is not all that stands between our team and oblivion.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 17:21]

It's a good deal for all if you are playing football manager, or if you are in a previous era of ITFC where, for example, selling Kieron Dyer enabled you to strengthen the rest of the squad, that just is not the case now i'm afraid, sorry.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 17:17]

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:19 - Jan 4 with 6889 viewsJ2BLUE

Another one we signed on a free returning a very good fee. Can't do anything but wish him well.

MM gets a ton of stick but lets see how much of the fee he gets to sign a replacement. Probably sod all and Gerken will be first choice with a loanee back up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:20 - Jan 4 with 6883 viewstextbackup

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:14 - Jan 4 by SWGF

Yep...the money will disappear into the same hole that Murph's went. Miscellaneous wages for loans, contract extensions, reducing ME's input, etc.

I’m gobsmacked (actually I’m not, it’s Town fans) that anyone could remotely think this is a good deal.

Same people that think we’ll go all out for a cup run this year

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:23 - Jan 4 with 6847 viewsBluefish

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:20 - Jan 4 by textbackup

I’m gobsmacked (actually I’m not, it’s Town fans) that anyone could remotely think this is a good deal.

It's not like turning it down has no impact. The books have to balance somewhere, if it means keeping Dozzell and nydam then we have to live with it.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:24 - Jan 4 with 6848 viewsPJH

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:20 - Jan 4 by textbackup

I don't see how it can be seen as being good for ITFC.
Good for whoever buys him and probably good for Bart but certainly not good for us.
Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:24 - Jan 4 with 6841 viewsLuk38644

How the hell is £4mil for one of the best keepers in the league, someone who is still a very good age for a keeper and easily our most important player?

With all the money floating about in today's game, £4mil is not enough for him. I think the club should be chucking a new contract at him right now rather than selling yet another asset then fail to reinvest the money.
Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:24 - Jan 4 with 6840 viewstextbackup

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:19 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

Another one we signed on a free returning a very good fee. Can't do anything but wish him well.

MM gets a ton of stick but lets see how much of the fee he gets to sign a replacement. Probably sod all and Gerken will be first choice with a loanee back up.

Exactly! So how the hell is this a good deal all round lol I’m confised

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:34 - Jan 4 with 6775 viewshadleighboyblue

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:15 - Jan 4 by Radlett_blue

And, we have to replace Bart at a time when we also seem to want a back up keeper as well, although if Crowe isn't good enough to be back-up, what's he doing at the club?
As we will trigger the 1 year option on Bart, he'll still have decent value in the summer so I don't see the need to sell now.

this is where it all goes pear shaped .............we have a manager who won't be here next season ( hopefully ) spending money on new signings ...............that can't be right , any new manager would want to spend on getting his own choices in .

We can't stand in Barts way , but the timing is all wrong for the club
Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:34 - Jan 4 with 6772 viewsJ2BLUE

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:24 - Jan 4 by textbackup

Exactly! So how the hell is this a good deal all round lol I’m confised

It's a good deal for Palace, Bart and Evans.

It's a crap deal for the manager and the fans.

Do you sympathise with MM at all here? He's having his keeper sold. He has never had the luxury of bringing in a top striker from league one and the one he originally bought in for £20k is being sold. Lets say the fee for both combined is £4.5m. How much will he see for additions? This window will likely be the final nail in ME's claim that he invests. No amount of bluster from Milne will cover it up. Once MM leaves and we no longer have someone who can sign solid players for peanuts we could be in serious trouble. Who will we sell in the summer? Webster? Waghorn? McGoldrick might walk out on a free. Next season could be dire.

Truly impaired.

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:37 - Jan 4 with 6755 viewsRadlett_blue

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:24 - Jan 4 by Luk38644

How the hell is £4mil for one of the best keepers in the league, someone who is still a very good age for a keeper and easily our most important player?

With all the money floating about in today's game, £4mil is not enough for him. I think the club should be chucking a new contract at him right now rather than selling yet another asset then fail to reinvest the money.

We can offer Bart a new contract, but he doesn't have to sign it. We can't compete with PL clubs on wages so Bart could sit tight & leave in the summer of 2019 for nothing.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:38 - Jan 4 with 6748 viewsSWGF

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:19 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

Undisclosed rather than free, wasn't he?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:39 - Jan 4 with 6740 viewsJ2BLUE

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:38 - Jan 4 by SWGF

Undisclosed rather than free, wasn't he?

Not sure. I thought Phil said he was free with a sell on. Might be wrong.

Truly impaired.

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:40 - Jan 4 with 6737 viewsPhilTWTD

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:08 - Jan 4 by Kieran_Knows

Presume Notts County have a sell on fee?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 17:08]

That I don't know. There was some provision for them to get more cash if we went up so might well be.
Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:43 - Jan 4 with 6726 viewsitfcjoe

Not sure it’s a great deal for the fans - we just get to see an inferior keeper whilst Evans puts in less money this season. If any of this money does find its way into a transfer kitty, then surely now is time to try and get a new manager in to spend that.

I certainly don’t begrudge Bart the well deserved move.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:44 - Jan 4 with 6717 viewsPhilTWTD

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:40 - Jan 4 by PhilTWTD

That I don't know. There was some provision for them to get more cash if we went up so might well be.

Actually, I do know. There is, but not sure how much:

McCarthy: Entertaining Despite Lack of Goals 16th Jul 2014 22:38
Boss Mick McCarthy felt his side’s 0-0 draw with West Ham at Portman Road was an entertaining affair despite the lack of goals. 5

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024