Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Truce ABB please 19:51 - Jan 4 with 14862 viewstextbackup

Give me some reason to still care about this cnting club, I know you two will help me

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Truce ABB please on 19:59 - Jan 4 with 5448 viewsPJH

You should not need helping out.
If you support a football club you should accept the disappointments that come with it.
Truce ABB please on 20:02 - Jan 4 with 5437 viewsStNeotsBlue

Truce ABB please on 19:59 - Jan 4 by PJH

If you support a football club you should accept the disappointments that come with it.

Everyone's got there own tipping point though haven't they? I've seen you say you stopped going under Keane's tenure.
Truce ABB please on 20:04 - Jan 4 with 5422 viewsPJH

Truce ABB please on 20:02 - Jan 4 by StNeotsBlue

Everyone's got there own tipping point though haven't they? I've seen you say you stopped going under Keane's tenure.

I did and my excuse is that ITFC did not exist then because they were known as RKIT.
Keane did not belong at a club that I supported so if he was here,I was not.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 11:31]
Truce ABB please on 20:06 - Jan 4 with 5403 viewsSuperfrans

It’s your club. That’s the obvious response, I guess.

To be honest, if we lose Bart and McGoldrick this window, it’s Moore also going, I’d be hoping for 1/2 coming in to make up for it. But, I just take the view that it’s all part of the ebbs and flows of being a football fan.

Maybe I’m philosophical that way because I’ve seen much better teams break up in the past - the mid-Seventies team with Johnson to Liverpool. Talbot off to Arsenal, Whymark and Beattie to injury, the 81/2 team with Mariner, Butcher, the Dutchmen etc going in the mid-Eighties, the Prem team of Holland, Stewart, Wright, etc 15 odd years ago - and of course the free-flowing Jewell team of 2011/2.... (I was joking about the last one...😂😂😂)

But i just find myself thinking... it’s football, it happens. Move on, next challenge.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Truce ABB please on 20:07 - Jan 4 with 5401 viewsBluefish

All the reasons you fell in love before, we have a proud history and we are a club that you can connect with a feel part of, one that brings through some great youngsters. The key is don't expect us to ever be massive, always view us as a midtable championship selling club, this is what we are so anything better is great.

The desperation to be massive is bizarre. I genuinely would rather be us and look forward to nydam and Dozzell for a short time than be wolves and look forward to the next over paid mercenary there as part of a money deal with a super agent.

Players like waggy chambers Bart etc make our kids delighted by being approachable

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Truce ABB please on 20:08 - Jan 4 with 5390 viewsitfcjoe

It's only down the road, we'll have a new manager in the summer and it's in your blood.

The next few months are going to be unbearable, but hopefully a couple of positives come out of it like a youngster doing well or something

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Truce ABB please on 20:08 - Jan 4 with 5376 viewsBluefish

Truce ABB please on 20:04 - Jan 4 by PJH

I did and my excuse is that ITFC did not exist then because they were known as RKIT.

That is perfectly acceptable we lost our identity as you say to become rkit we were a circus

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Truce ABB please on 20:09 - Jan 4 with 5374 viewsStNeotsBlue

I wasn't having a dig, my point was more that everyone has a different thing, often seemingly innocuous thing, which makes them say I've had enough.

Selling Bart isn't an innocuous thing though, he's been fantastic for us and I'll be gutted if he goes. But I'll bear him no ill will as it is a great opportunity for a great servant to us, especially in a World Cup year.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 20:17]
Login to get fewer ads

Truce ABB please on 20:12 - Jan 4 with 5357 viewsSuperfrans

Truce ABB please on 20:07 - Jan 4 by Bluefish

All the reasons you fell in love before, we have a proud history and we are a club that you can connect with a feel part of, one that brings through some great youngsters. The key is don't expect us to ever be massive, always view us as a midtable championship selling club, this is what we are so anything better is great.

The desperation to be massive is bizarre. I genuinely would rather be us and look forward to nydam and Dozzell for a short time than be wolves and look forward to the next over paid mercenary there as part of a money deal with a super agent.

Players like waggy chambers Bart etc make our kids delighted by being approachable

You know, I totally agree.

I was in the pub after Tuesday night talking to a young fella, must have been 20 or so, had never seen us in the top division. He was saying that the one thing he wanted to see was for us to play in the Premiership, even just one season.

I know I’m lucky enough to have seen that, and many seasons in the top division 1 in the Seventies. But I have no great ambition to get into the Premierhsip in the current environment - aside from it providing the opportunity to reinvest in the club and support future promotion campaigns. I really don’t relish being beaten every week by teams packed with players on £250,000 a week, representing clubs owned by oligarchs and dodgy sheiks.

Truce ABB please on 20:14 - Jan 4 with 5347 viewsbrogansnose

I tried to walk away in the Summer, I'd had enough. Anyway, we signed Adeyemi and Huws, did the £25 away ticket thing, sponsored the charity each and I took a peek to see if my old ST seat was still there. It was and I went straight for my Visa and got my seat back. It was a bit like when you pack a bird up and then you realise a couple of months later that she was alright really and you miss her and it felt good at the start of the season to be back at PR. Now all those little things that made me pack her up are back and it feels like she's snogging some bloke behind my back in the pub car park.

Thing is that its in our blood and we have to live with the hurt, what can you do ? There's people out there that haven't even got this and we are the most beautiful club in the fkn world, bar none.

Its the way it is.

WTF doe's Evans even own a football club for ?
Truce ABB please on 20:15 - Jan 4 with 5319 viewsPJH

Truce ABB please on 20:09 - Jan 4 by StNeotsBlue

I wasn't having a dig, my point was more that everyone has a different thing, often seemingly innocuous thing, which makes them say I've had enough.

Selling Bart isn't an innocuous thing though, he's been fantastic for us and I'll be gutted if he goes. But I'll bear him no ill will as it is a great opportunity for a great servant to us, especially in a World Cup year.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 20:17]

No, I know that you weren't having a dig and I have trouble justifying my years absence(to other people but not to myself).

I agree that selling Bart is not an innocuous thing although if the suggestion on another thread that Hennessy is coming this way is correct then I do not feel quite so bad about it.

I also wish Bart well if he is going because for the last 24 months he has been very good for us both on and off the pitch.
Truce ABB please on 20:21 - Jan 4 with 5290 viewstextbackup

12 years worth? Unlike you and the older generation I don’t have the ‘good old days’ to look back on

Truce ABB please on 20:23 - Jan 4 with 5277 viewstextbackup

Truce ABB please on 20:06 - Jan 4 by Superfrans

To be honest, if we lose Bart and McGoldrick this window, it’s Moore also going, I’d be hoping for 1/2 coming in to make up for it. But, I just take the view that it’s all part of the ebbs and flows of being a football fan.

Maybe I’m philosophical that way because I’ve seen much better teams break up in the past - the mid-Seventies team with Johnson to Liverpool. Talbot off to Arsenal, Whymark and Beattie to injury, the 81/2 team with Mariner, Butcher, the Dutchmen etc going in the mid-Eighties, the Prem team of Holland, Stewart, Wright, etc 15 odd years ago - and of course the free-flowing Jewell team of 2011/2.... (I was joking about the last one...😂😂😂)

But i just find myself thinking... it’s football, it happens. Move on, next challenge.

But we don’t move on, we have found our level of existence, mid championship

Truce ABB please on 20:25 - Jan 4 with 5250 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Yeah but there are disappointments like Tuesdays game and there there are absolute fooking liberties like selling our best player for 4m.

4 million! Four million! Shambles.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Truce ABB please on 20:26 - Jan 4 with 5245 viewsPJH

Truce ABB please on 20:21 - Jan 4 by textbackup

12 years worth? Unlike you and the older generation I don’t have the ‘good old days’ to look back on

I was going to put the bit about me being lucky to have seen all the good times at our club but I if I put that I was also going to suggest that that should make it even harder to accept disappointments.
Two ways of looking at it suppose, if you have never had something you cannot miss it but on the other hand if you have supported a football club for getting towards 60 years(with one years exception)then you become immune to disappointments.
Truce ABB please on 20:27 - Jan 4 with 5241 viewsSuperfrans

Truce ABB please on 20:23 - Jan 4 by textbackup

But we don’t move on, we have found our level of existence, mid championship

If you’ve been watching us for 40 years, 5 years is a small period of time. If you’ve been watching us for 10 years, it’ll feel like a lifetime, I know. It’s about 15-20years for you, isn’t it?

A new manager will be a new start, the beginning of a new journey. You’ll have that within a few months.

Truce ABB please on 20:52 - Jan 4 with 5158 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Truce ABB please on 20:06 - Jan 4 by Superfrans

Very well put.

I understand the frustrations being expressed, but I think that we need to look at the window as a whole before we judge. None of the guys that are potentially being moved on are irreplaceable, so let’s see what the squad looks like at the end of January before the toys officially come out of the pram.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Truce ABB please on 20:53 - Jan 4 with 5143 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Truce ABB please on 20:14 - Jan 4 by brogansnose

I tried to walk away in the Summer, I'd had enough. Anyway, we signed Adeyemi and Huws, did the £25 away ticket thing, sponsored the charity each and I took a peek to see if my old ST seat was still there. It was and I went straight for my Visa and got my seat back. It was a bit like when you pack a bird up and then you realise a couple of months later that she was alright really and you miss her and it felt good at the start of the season to be back at PR. Now all those little things that made me pack her up are back and it feels like she's snogging some bloke behind my back in the pub car park.

Thing is that its in our blood and we have to live with the hurt, what can you do ? There's people out there that haven't even got this and we are the most beautiful club in the fkn world, bar none.

Its the way it is.

WTF doe's Evans even own a football club for ?

That last question is bang on. I genuinely (and I’ve tried really fooking hard for the last two and a half years now) can’t undwrstand wtf is in it for him.

I remember after the Brentford game at full time You grabbed me and went ‘we’ve got our Ipswich back’. And after all the good stuff that happened over the summer, and the start we had and the buzz around the place, I agreed.

Sadly.. it’s all going back to how it was

Truce ABB please on 21:01 - Jan 4 with 5108 viewsbrogansnose

Truce ABB please on 20:53 - Jan 4 by The_Romford_Blue

That last question is bang on. I genuinely (and I’ve tried really fooking hard for the last two and a half years now) can’t undwrstand wtf is in it for him.

I remember after the Brentford game at full time You grabbed me and went ‘we’ve got our Ipswich back’. And after all the good stuff that happened over the summer, and the start we had and the buzz around the place, I agreed.

Yeah, me and my big mouth Rommy, still, you've got to dream and , dare I say it, believe haven't you.

Toilet Dave said to me after the Sunderland game just to enjoy the moment for what it is and he was right. Bloody good night that was.
Truce ABB please on 21:01 - Jan 4 with 5109 viewshaughleyblue74

I have been going regularly since 82 so after the glory days and for the most part it has been pretty crap. However do I wish I had never set foot in Portman road? No way wouldn't change it for the world. COYB
Truce ABB please on 21:07 - Jan 4 with 5063 views3_5_2

If ITFC are truly your club then you are stuck with it. Good or bad.

The whole club appears, to me, to be in a mess at every level and each false dawn makes it harder and harder to care.

They are my team and always will be but actually, I care less, especially as I get older.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Truce ABB please on 21:07 - Jan 4 with 5063 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Truce ABB please on 20:53 - Jan 4 by The_Romford_Blue

He was sold the dream that the Club could be promoted with a couple of million quid spent on players. He missed the boat early doors and made a disastrous appointment in Keane. 10 years on the level of investment required to compete has changed massively. He is not prepared to invest at that level, which is his prerogative.

He is now caught between a rock and a hard place- he can continue to lose a few million a year and hope for a bit of a miracle and we somehow get promoted or sell and lose tens of millions.

I suspect that if he knew 10 years ago what he knows now, he wouldn’t have touched us with a barge pole.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Truce ABB please on 21:08 - Jan 4 with 5058 viewsbluehook

Pitiful. ‘Accept the disappointments” you stated in your previous post.
Truce ABB please on 21:14 - Jan 4 with 5009 viewsPJH

Truce ABB please on 21:08 - Jan 4 by bluehook

Pitiful. ‘Accept the disappointments” you stated in your previous post.

What is pitiful?

It was not a disappointment to me that Keane came here, I expected him to get the club promoted, but as a person he did not belong at a club that I supported.

So what is pitiful?
Truce ABB please on 21:25 - Jan 4 with 4960 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Truce ABB please on 21:01 - Jan 4 by brogansnose

Yeah, me and my big mouth Rommy, still, you've got to dream and , dare I say it, believe haven't you.

Toilet Dave said to me after the Sunderland game just to enjoy the moment for what it is and he was right. Bloody good night that was.

I really thought (for about a week or two) that perhaps things have changed. Perhaps this was our year.

But it’s not is it. It’s going to be another year in the championship next season. All I ask is to see my ‘little ipswich’ have a season in the top flight. Just one year. One year will do me.

I’d love to tell people I’m an ipswich fan and then go ‘ooh you lucky thing. You lot are flying’. Instead it’s ‘ipswich? Blimey’. Everybody knows we are bang average in the championship and it hurts.

Not one season of success. Not even one since I followed this club.

On that note, I’m off to do my darts practice as this sh1t is depressing

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024