Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm finding it a bit rum 07:51 - Jan 5 with 5911 viewsartsbossbeard

That people are rose tinting and lamenting the sale of a player that, in fairness, was no better than a park player for Town and the reason that he didn't get the pitch time was that he simply wasn't up to the task.

Granted, he's improved, but can anyone who saw his rabbit in the headlights display at Norwich feel that he could put pressure on Garner or Waghorn for the #9 role?

Let's take the dosh from the highest bidder, congratulate the club on the decent business and move on.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I'm finding it a bit rum on 07:59 - Jan 5 with 4161 viewshomer_123

There was a very good reason he didn't get much game time before his loan spell. He didn't show anything like the form he has shown whilst playing a division lower.

He has done, however, everything and Moore than Mick would have wanted whilst being on loan but given he's not a Murphy type player and therefore doesn't really offer anything over and above what we have already - what is the surprise that we are cashing in?

Now, if Waggers, Garner, Celina et al weren't playing well then I could understand bringing him in - however they are not, I can't see anyone that would say drop Waghorn or Garner for Moore? At best, Moore replaces Sears on the bench - whilst that would be fine it likely means he loses any value we have in him come the end of the season. As he won't be playing much or scoring at the rate he is currently doing.

It's a sound piece of business for lots of reasons.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:01 - Jan 5 with 4137 viewsBenters2

Its Bart going that pisses me off.
I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:08 - Jan 5 with 4110 viewsnoggin

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:01 - Jan 5 by Benters2

Does anyone really care anymore? We're a ship, drifting without an engine. Eventually we will sink.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:14 - Jan 5 with 4080 viewshomer_123

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:01 - Jan 5 by Benters2

Why though?

Seriously, the lad has served us well - wants to play in the World Cup - he's about the only one who commands any sort of decent fee.

He'll also get the chance to play in the Prem.

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:15 - Jan 5 with 4079 viewsTractorWood

Completely agree. If you'd have posed this situation hypothetically a few months ago you'd have been laughed off the site. That said, I get the feeling that ME will take any cash from sales to plug the loss as oppose to reinvest in the squad. Probably the real issue why people get so worked up about transfers.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:20 - Jan 5 with 4057 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:08 - Jan 5 by noggin

Does anyone really care anymore? We're a ship, drifting without an engine. Eventually we will sink.

This. I genuinely find myself giving less of a sh*t each day about it all.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:23 - Jan 5 with 4050 viewsSteve_M

Well, quite. I've not seen enough to suggest Moore is a Championship player, doesn't seem to have the directness towards goal or the aggression to get the better of the better defenders at this level. If Barnsley do end up paying £750k I'll be surprised but sounds like we'll get a very good fee, it's one exceptional season so far rather than, say, Marriott's steady progress.

And that's despite meaning I'll not see a goalflash saying: Ipswich 1 (Moore).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:28 - Jan 5 with 4011 viewsitfcjoe

There's a big difference between stepping up from the VNL to the Championship mid season and struggling (Was he even full time where he was?) and stepping up after a full pre season at a top League 1 club where you are flying to a mid table club in the league above though as opposed to the difference in speed, quality, fitness required etc.

My main concern is that Garner is carrying this shoulder injury, McG could easily go this window and Sears is woefully out of form - it's not a great leap to think he could have made an impact here in the second half of the season (and as a fan any impact is more than £750k in Evans back pocket....)

I'd have liked to have seen him given a chance over the second half of the season, the season is dead effectively and he looks decent from what I've seen at Rotherham - which is admittedly only 1 full game and weekly highlights.

Fact that Barnsley are interested is interesting - they've done some very good scouting in recent years

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:37 - Jan 5 with 3960 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:23 - Jan 5 by Steve_M

Well, quite. I've not seen enough to suggest Moore is a Championship player, doesn't seem to have the directness towards goal or the aggression to get the better of the better defenders at this level. If Barnsley do end up paying £750k I'll be surprised but sounds like we'll get a very good fee, it's one exceptional season so far rather than, say, Marriott's steady progress.

And that's despite meaning I'll not see a goalflash saying: Ipswich 1 (Moore).

But on Tuesday April 10th you get to see Ipswich 1 Barnsley 2 (Moore). It's in the stars !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:40 - Jan 5 with 3945 viewshomer_123

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:37 - Jan 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

But on Tuesday April 10th you get to see Ipswich 1 Barnsley 2 (Moore). It's in the stars !

That doesn't make sense though - 2 (Moore), when we've scored 1 implies they've scored 3 - it doesn't work.

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:44 - Jan 5 with 3923 viewstextbackup

But when we have Sears as the man to come on, Mcgoldrick off in Jan or summer, and garners yellow cards and ongoing shoulder injury wouldn’t you say we are better to hold on to him ?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:48 - Jan 5 with 3898 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:44 - Jan 5 by textbackup

But when we have Sears as the man to come on, Mcgoldrick off in Jan or summer, and garners yellow cards and ongoing shoulder injury wouldn’t you say we are better to hold on to him ?

Give Folami some first team time. From what I've seen of him (only 3 games, granted) he deserves a look now that the season is effectively over.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:49 - Jan 5 with 3891 viewsLord_Lucan

This post was brought to you by

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:51 - Jan 5 with 3869 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:49 - Jan 5 by Lord_Lucan

This post was brought to you by

Haha!

Couldn't wait, could you?

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:53 - Jan 5 with 3846 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:40 - Jan 5 by homer_123

That doesn't make sense though - 2 (Moore), when we've scored 1 implies they've scored 3 - it doesn't work.

It's a lose/lose situation !

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:53 - Jan 5 with 3848 viewsSWGF

It was only Boxing Day that we didn't have a fit striker to put on the bench.

Forgetting his brief cameo for us last season, we have the chance to "sign" L1's 2nd top goalscorer for nothing, in January. I don't see why we wouldn't give him half a season when any cash we receive will hardly be added to the transfer kitty mountain.

MM's spent the last few weeks/months bemoaning the size of his squad. We could end up selling two of our most experienced/important players this month as well as (potentially) one of the most improved.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:55 - Jan 5 with 3837 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:44 - Jan 5 by textbackup

I imagine MM sees more of a prospect with the new Irish fella.

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:58 - Jan 5 with 3826 viewstextbackup

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:14 - Jan 5 by homer_123

Why though?

Seriously, the lad has served us well - wants to play in the World Cup - he's about the only one who commands any sort of decent fee.

He'll also get the chance to play in the Prem.

Because who wants to see the better players leave their club?!

Good luck to Bart, but I couldn’t give a fck about his career, I only care about ITFC

I'm finding it a bit rum on 09:01 - Jan 5 with 3811 viewstextbackup

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:55 - Jan 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

I imagine MM sees more of a prospect with the new Irish fella.

HE’ll need a loan somewhere, to develope, Moore has been loaned and proving himself.

I'm finding it a bit rum on 09:09 - Jan 5 with 3779 viewshomer_123

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:58 - Jan 5 by textbackup

Because who wants to see the better players leave their club?!

Good luck to Bart, but I couldn’t give a fck about his career, I only care about ITFC

But you've been a Twon fan long enough to know we sell.

Ever since the Cobbolds built the new stands (and before that even), we've generally sold out better players.

Nothing new to see here.

I'm finding it a bit rum on 09:12 - Jan 5 with 3769 viewsRadlett_blue

Not hard to see that the sale of Moore for the rumoured price could make sense. We were able to pick up a player as good as Waghorn for less.
However, people are being irritated because it's likely that the money won't be reinvested in the squad, although we'll probably get a couple of loanees in. That, coupled with the potential sale of Bart & Mcgoldrick, rams it home that Town are in limbo for the forseeable future.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I'm finding it a bit rum on 09:13 - Jan 5 with 3767 viewsBackToRussia

It was stupid to judge him after a couple of fifteen minute cameos. It's silly to sell him now too IMO. Either let him play the whole season on loan or bring him back to play him.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I'm finding it a bit rum on 09:16 - Jan 5 with 3741 viewsNazemariner

I wholeheartedly agree!

I know it was a big step up, but he was one of the worst players i've seen in Town shirt in my 23 years as a season ticket holder.

I have no doubt that he has improved, but if we can get 500K with some decent add ons, then we should be biting their arms off.
I'm finding it a bit rum on 12:02 - Jan 5 with 3560 viewsDarth_Koont

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:48 - Jan 5 by artsbossbeard

Give Folami some first team time. From what I've seen of him (only 3 games, granted) he deserves a look now that the season is effectively over.

Indeed. We've got Celina, Sears plus our own young strikers to fill the gap behind Waghorn, Garner and McGoldrick. Now if McGoldrick leaves we'd need a more ready-made replacement but I'm guessing that we deal with that only if it happens.

Re: Folami, Morris etc. there's also Drinan who looks very interesting.Not surprising that Mick says he'll be given a shot more or less straightaway after doing well in the rough and tumble of Irish football. The small glimpses show a player who seems to have lots of physical and technical attributes — height, pace, a nice touch and good awareness plus he seems happy playing as a wide attacker too. The standard is far lower of course but still very interesting to see what he can do.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 12:08]

Pronouns: He/Him

I'm finding it a bit rum on 12:10 - Jan 5 with 3525 viewsBenters2

I'm finding it a bit rum on 08:08 - Jan 5 by noggin

Do ships sink when the engine cuts out then?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024