Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well f*ck me.... 20:50 - Jan 5 with 1590 viewsSchmoke

... Alan Shearer has just said something sensible for once.

"Putting your arm across someone does not make them fall over."

It doesn't give you 'the right to go down' it's not 'clever/intelligent play's. It's cheating and it's utterly amazing how blatantly players so it nowadays.

Lallana should be banned for that.

Well f*ck me.... on 20:51 - Jan 5 with 1569 viewsFtnfwest

Unfortunately elbowing Argentine goalkeepers in the face does
Well f*ck me.... on 20:52 - Jan 5 with 1557 viewsGarv

I blame the likes of Shearer for allowing it to go on for so long and buying into it.

I was amazed to hear Shearer say that after hearing his debatable comments regarding the same subject every week on MOTD.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Well f*ck me.... on 20:53 - Jan 5 with 1548 viewsTrequartista

For me a foul is purely impeding a player. Could that player have continued in control of the ball? The answer is clearly yes so not a foul for me. Unfortunately nowadays it's all about touching a player, not impeding them.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Well f*ck me.... on 20:59 - Jan 5 with 1499 viewsSchmoke

Well f*ck me.... on 20:53 - Jan 5 by Trequartista

For me a foul is purely impeding a player. Could that player have continued in control of the ball? The answer is clearly yes so not a foul for me. Unfortunately nowadays it's all about touching a player, not impeding them.

It's not exactly caused him to leap with two feet off the floor either.

It's so, so obviously cheating it's almost unbelievable.
Well f*ck me.... on 21:03 - Jan 5 with 1472 viewsGarv

How the rules haven't been changed/clarified is incredible.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Well f*ck me.... on 22:57 - Jan 5 with 1234 viewsGuthrum

I wonder how often a player who "goes down" at the slightest touch of a defender (but fails to "win" a penalty) would have scored if only he'd stayed on his feet and taken a shot?

I know Garner does a good job, but I tend to feel constantly falling over without genuine cause is counter-productive.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024