Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice to see no-one overreacting... 13:41 - Jan 6 with 7003 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

...to the news that a backup centre half may be sold

Oh

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:36 - Jan 6 with 2420 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:45 - Jan 6 by TractorWood

Probably an overreaction agreed. Decent, experienced backup pushing for a place if he's 100%. He's been derailed for the past 18 months or so by injury and probably wants a fresh start. I think most outdoorsy people would jump at the chance to move to Colorado.

Good servant. Great lad. Good luck to him. Could do with a few more bodies though, couldn't we? Squad's looking a bit threadbare.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 13:46]

Agree with all of that. And when you throw in that he's probably our most limited defender in terms o footballing ability, it's not exactly the en of the world.

If he goes I wish him well - he's been a good servant, but things move on.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:41 - Jan 6 with 2415 viewstextbackup

nice to see the same tits backing every decision the club makes in fear of someone taking away their loyalty caps.

chambers and Webster (who is injured more than fit) so we sell tommy smith. great business that. but hey we always have spemce and fcking iorfa as back up

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:42 - Jan 6 with 2407 viewsTheBlueBarca

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:47 - Jan 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Agree fully on the last point - the past few days have seen some posters melting down spectacularly at what are just rumours currently, and 6 whole days into the month to boot

Re replacing Smith with Goldson, I’d go against the grain slightly and suggest that isn’t actually the worst move, if Mick is indeed off in the Summer and assuming we then look to rebuild the side

Goldosn isn't that great. Smith for me, the issue here isn't the player, its the fact Webster is injured and our back-line is weak as is, and lets face it, if Smith had his record here at say a club like Notts Forrest , and we would be linked with him, our fans would be wetting themselves equally at signing the "proven Championship" prospect.

The irony is we would probably be priced out of the move if he was someone else's player and thats the sad reality of whats happening here. It's not Smith leaving thats causing the outrage, its the club.

We released Berra and Taylor in the summer, and the Goldson 11th hour mess was an absolute shambles. I don't trust this club with replacing Bart, Smith, Didz or anyone else for that matter, we are good however at signing a plethora of injured midfielders unwanted at other clubs.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:43 - Jan 6 with 2404 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:41 - Jan 6 by textbackup

nice to see the same tits backing every decision the club makes in fear of someone taking away their loyalty caps.

chambers and Webster (who is injured more than fit) so we sell tommy smith. great business that. but hey we always have spemce and fcking iorfa as back up

Don’t worry Texters, Evans will give mick a few quid for a loanee and everything will be fooking rosy.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:43 - Jan 6 with 2404 viewstextbackup

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:50 - Jan 6 by GavTWTD

If we lose Smith then we'd get in Goldson and one other I'd be sure. But yes the time to judge is when the window is shut, and no players have actually gone yet.

we only get goldson if brighton say its ok, so not a nailed on thing is it

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:48 - Jan 6 with 2390 viewsLeoMuff

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:43 - Jan 6 by textbackup

Maybe it’s already agreed ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:51 - Jan 6 with 2387 viewsReuser_is_God

Probably an overreaction agreed. Decent, experienced backup pushing for a place if he's 100%. He's been derailed for the past 18 months or so by injury and probably wants a fresh start. I think most outdoorsy people would jump at the chance to move to Colorado.

Good servant. Great lad. Good luck to him. Could do with a few more bodies though, couldn't we? Squad's looking a bit threadbare.

I think that the issue here is that he's off & we have no replacement.

If Smith goes we're then 2 central defenders short & one of the 2 we have can't stay fit.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:52 - Jan 6 with 2387 viewsdavblue

It’s a hard one to judge.

Maybe the injury he’s had means he’s no longer up to it?

He’s been offered a really good deal? He’s probably one of the better earners.

It’s all a bit concerning, the club appears to be in self district mode at the moment, what little goodwill that had been built up is completely gone again.
Login to get fewer ads

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:56 - Jan 6 with 2372 viewstextbackup

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:52 - Jan 6 by davblue

It’s a hard one to judge.

Maybe the injury he’s had means he’s no longer up to it?

He’s been offered a really good deal? He’s probably one of the better earners.

It’s all a bit concerning, the club appears to be in self district mode at the moment, what little goodwill that had been built up is completely gone again.

I can tell you he isn’t one of the top earners. Not even close

For him personally it might be a good deal, for him and family. But this one will take time to swallow, club is the pits

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:57 - Jan 6 with 2371 viewsJ2BLUE

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:43 - Jan 6 by textbackup

I was about to reply 'well he wouldn't be allowed to go if we didn't have a plan in place' then I remembered we're Ipswich.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 15:09 - Jan 6 with 2354 views3_5_2

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:31 - Jan 6 by The_Romford_Blue

Maybe I am overreacting.

But in the last few days I’ve seen us beaten 4-1, I’ve heard that we are selling our best player for a poxy 4m, the exciting striker we had banging them in is off for less than a million, arguably our best technically gifted player is gonna be sold, our homegrown CB is randomly off to the states and our manager has already said that the replacements for all of these will be loans or freebies.

Bart may not be going

Moore is no loss but money in

Didz heart is not here is seems, life goes on

MM is keeping this club afloat with loans, freebies and the odd spend here and there ( Waggy etc)

I've tried to stop getting upset, there is just no point

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 15:28 - Jan 6 with 2332 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:56 - Jan 6 by textbackup

I can tell you he isn’t one of the top earners. Not even close

For him personally it might be a good deal, for him and family. But this one will take time to swallow, club is the pits

Text backup - Who are the higher Earners?
Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 15:50 - Jan 6 with 2311 viewstextbackup

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 15:28 - Jan 6 by CBMTOBWMMBG

Text backup - Who are the higher Earners?

Id only be guessing if I said any... but know Tommy isn’t up there

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 15:58 - Jan 6 with 2301 viewsGarv

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:31 - Jan 6 by The_Romford_Blue

Maybe I am overreacting.

But in the last few days I’ve seen us beaten 4-1, I’ve heard that we are selling our best player for a poxy 4m, the exciting striker we had banging them in is off for less than a million, arguably our best technically gifted player is gonna be sold, our homegrown CB is randomly off to the states and our manager has already said that the replacements for all of these will be loans or freebies.

I agree with most of your sentiments but can I kindly say give over you absolute flower.

Bart has gone nowhere, McGoldrick has gone nowhere. Moore could go either way but from what we saw at Championship level he was nowhere near good enough.

I'm sad to see Smith go but for how long do we let him be a nearly man in and around thr squad and can you blame him for wanting away? As mick would usually say, why keep a player who doesn't want to be here? As a back up centre half he's pretty good so I doubt we were actively looking to sell. Makes no difference that he is homegrown either.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 16:40 - Jan 6 with 2273 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Or just applying a bit of common sense around the potential sale of a reserve player, one of the other

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 16:42 - Jan 6 with 2267 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:42 - Jan 6 by TheBlueBarca

Goldosn isn't that great. Smith for me, the issue here isn't the player, its the fact Webster is injured and our back-line is weak as is, and lets face it, if Smith had his record here at say a club like Notts Forrest , and we would be linked with him, our fans would be wetting themselves equally at signing the "proven Championship" prospect.

The irony is we would probably be priced out of the move if he was someone else's player and thats the sad reality of whats happening here. It's not Smith leaving thats causing the outrage, its the club.

We released Berra and Taylor in the summer, and the Goldson 11th hour mess was an absolute shambles. I don't trust this club with replacing Bart, Smith, Didz or anyone else for that matter, we are good however at signing a plethora of injured midfielders unwanted at other clubs.

If we were signing Nottingham Forest’s 3rd choice centre half our fans would be on here questioning why we’re signing a player that can’t get into a team lower in the table

See also half of the other players we’ve signed in the past few years

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 16:47 - Jan 6 with 2259 viewspatrickswell

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:43 - Jan 6 by J2BLUE

Our transfer window needs to be judged overall and when it has closed. With that said, I have zero confidence in ME. I suspect we'll lose a contracted player and replace him with Goldson on loan.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 17:11]

This is important and like you, I find myself thinking, “Let’s see what frees/Bosmans we end up getting in to replace anyone leaving before judging the window”, if only because we’ve usually found some good players in windows past.
Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 16:52 - Jan 6 with 2246 viewstextbackup

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 16:40 - Jan 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Or just applying a bit of common sense around the potential sale of a reserve player, one of the other

Are you simple? With the injury to Webster we need a left sided CB?

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 16:57 - Jan 6 with 2237 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 16:52 - Jan 6 by textbackup

Are you simple? With the injury to Webster we need a left sided CB?

Hopefully we’ll replace him with someone decent then, rather than the bang-average Smith

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 17:02 - Jan 6 with 2228 viewstextbackup

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 16:57 - Jan 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Hopefully we’ll replace him with someone decent then, rather than the bang-average Smith

A Loan if We get lucky and Brighton allow it - give me smith any day. Fck Mick fck Evans

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 17:03 - Jan 6 with 2219 viewscrunchie1978

They are all s##t.
The more of this current crop of crap go the better.
Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 17:22 - Jan 6 with 2196 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Smith is better than the un droppable, fist pumping, skipper chambers who is utter shi te

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024