Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do some of you constantly defend the club? 14:50 - Jan 6 with 3168 viewstheipswichman

Honestly making ridiculous amounts of poor decisions, for those saying we’re selling just a backup centre back - you do realise we only have three centre backs and one of them a injured for potentially a long time (unknown as of yet).

So what we will replace him with a loan? The shortsightedness of the club is remarkable, the Evans era needs to end now.
Why do some of you constantly defend the club? on 14:59 - Jan 6 with 3133 viewsLeoMuff

Or alternatively we have agreed a perm replacement and you look a bit of a numpty.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Why do some of you constantly defend the club? on 15:01 - Jan 6 with 3121 viewstheipswichman

Why do some of you constantly defend the club? on 14:59 - Jan 6 by LeoMuff

Or alternatively we have agreed a perm replacement and you look a bit of a numpty.

Perhaps but 3 centre backs means we are still short. Did we not learn from the centre back crisis at the start of the season?
Why do some of you constantly defend the club? on 15:04 - Jan 6 with 3115 viewsstantheman

Are you saying you would stand in Smith's way if he wants to move there, given he has been a loyal servant to Ipswich over so many years.
Anything to knock the club FFS. Plus the fact this is happening very early in the transfer window so hopefully plenty of time to sort things out if it hasn't been sorted already.
Why do some of you constantly defend the club? on 15:28 - Jan 6 with 3049 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Why do some of you constantly defend the club? on 15:01 - Jan 6 by theipswichman

Perhaps but 3 centre backs means we are still short. Did we not learn from the centre back crisis at the start of the season?

And maybe we are getting 2 centre backs. Its not a case of people.defendimg the club, its people slating the club before the event. Mick has consistently done well in the transfer market and bought cheap and sold high amd several occassions. If we fot no replcament for Smith by end of window then yes that would be bad. But that hasnt happened and i dont expect it to.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 15:28]

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Why do some of you constantly defend the club? on 15:32 - Jan 6 with 3012 viewsfabian_illness

Spence looks good at centre back as does Knudsen.
Probably both a bit better than Smith.
Why do some of you constantly defend the club? on 15:33 - Jan 6 with 3000 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Why do some of you constantly defend the club? on 15:28 - Jan 6 by Terry_Nutkins

And maybe we are getting 2 centre backs. Its not a case of people.defendimg the club, its people slating the club before the event. Mick has consistently done well in the transfer market and bought cheap and sold high amd several occassions. If we fot no replcament for Smith by end of window then yes that would be bad. But that hasnt happened and i dont expect it to.

Plus a belief one of the younger players is now ready? e.g. Webber?
Why do some of you constantly defend the club? on 15:35 - Jan 6 with 2973 viewsBloomBlue

Because it's the norm for years, ridiculous decisions by Sheepshanks and Burley got us into this mess and ridiculous decisions are keeping us here
Why do some of you constantly defend the club? on 15:43 - Jan 6 with 2929 viewsTheBlueBarca

Why do some of you constantly defend the club? on 15:32 - Jan 6 by fabian_illness

Spence looks good at centre back as does Knudsen.
Probably both a bit better than Smith.

You what? They are both utterly horrendous! Have you seen our backline this season? Its comical.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Login to get fewer ads

Why do some of you constantly defend the club? on 15:46 - Jan 6 with 2904 viewsSuperfrans

Why do some of you constantly defend the club? on 15:01 - Jan 6 by theipswichman

Spence and Knudsen are both serviceable centre backs too.

The thing I find odd is that people who insist they love Tommy Smith don’t accept that, if he wants to go somewhere to get regular first team football, after 200 odd matches for us, we shouldn’t allow him to go with our best wishes. We obviously haven’t been hawking him around, this move comes from him. Wish him the best and say goodbye.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Why do some of you constantly defend the club? on 15:47 - Jan 6 with 2898 viewsCrawfordsboot

Or alternatively why do some of you spew out bile and invective at the club at every opportunity.
Perhaps we have someone coming in, perhaps MM thinks he has alternative cover, perhaps TS wanted to go. At this stage supporters simply do not know but hey don’t let that stop those that need to moan and insult from behind a keyboard
Why do some of you constantly defend the club? on 15:54 - Jan 6 with 2855 viewsrgp1

I utterly agree with you sir. It is unfortunate that our club is loaded up with Neville Chamberlain types
Why do some of you constantly defend the club? on 16:46 - Jan 6 with 2739 viewsRIPbobby

Perhaps they have a son who is coming through the youth setup. One of my mates has very much bought into anything the club does. I just hope the young lad makes it otherwise he is going to be 100% against the club. I've seen this happen many times.
Why do some of you constantly defend the club? on 16:59 - Jan 6 with 2696 viewstheipswichman

Why do some of you constantly defend the club? on 15:28 - Jan 6 by Terry_Nutkins

Whilst I agree in part, surely we should buy the replacement before we sell? Again we should learn that from the Murph situation. Can’t accept a Leon best type replacement.
Why do some of you constantly defend the club? on 17:27 - Jan 6 with 2610 viewsSimonds92

By the responses your point has been proven exactly right. If you take the Smith move out of the equation we're still run horrendously. How many other teams have let so many players run down their contracts and let them go for nothing? Even if we can 'trigger a year' if they have an exceptional season they will be walking away for nothing because we haven't tied them to another 2/3 year contract. Mick would have definitely had a say in these decisions as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024