Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Having been at Fulham on Tuesday and now watching Norwich on the telly... 19:30 - Jan 6 with 1746 viewsglasso

...it's really hard to find anything to get excited about at the moment.

We were absolutely dire at Fulham. And today our manager is talking about how happy he is with our performance in getting knocked out of the cup to a team from our division.

And the worst thing is that today - and Tuesday - isn't a surprise to anyone. We all knew it was coming. Watching Fleetwood on the TV earlier and now Norwich not just holding Chelsea to a draw but looking more likely to win it... when was the last time we had that kind of belief - where we went into a big game and thought 'maybe we'll nick this one'...?

I don't even feel any anger towards MM, to be honest, I just think our club is in a dire state and we fooled ourselves with a few good performances at the start of the season and I can't muster any kind of emotion about it at all.

(sob)
Having been at Fulham on Tuesday and now watching Norwich on the telly... on 20:07 - Jan 6 with 1656 viewsunstableblue

The passing on tuesday night was scandalously bad.

Sound dramatic?

Yes our team has injuries, yes Fulham can kill if you play it on the ground.

BUT players should be able to make passes to team mates over short and medium distances. That’s how you take the pressure off?

Sadly it really wasn’t a one off trait.

It’s just not acceptable. And despite the good performances this season, I’m not convinced the team is drilled or set-up correctly.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 20:22]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Having been at Fulham on Tuesday and now watching Norwich on the telly... on 13:38 - Jan 8 with 1404 viewsglasso

Having been at Fulham on Tuesday and now watching Norwich on the telly... on 20:07 - Jan 6 by unstableblue

Sound dramatic?

BUT players should be able to make passes to team mates over short and medium distances. That’s how you take the pressure off?

It’s just not acceptable. And despite the good performances this season, I’m not convinced the team is drilled or set-up correctly.

Exactly. I really wouldn't mind if we were one of those teams who weren't *that* great (we're a small club with a small budget, despite our hopes otherwise), that had a bit of fight in them and had the chance of turning up an occasional big result.

But we're just predictably crap. Other than perhaps the first Derby game and that little run at the start of the season, I can't think of too many times we've had a result where I've thought 'Christ, I wouldn't have expected that'.

Occasionally beating someone in the top six is pretty much our definition of a giant killing, and it's been that way for a long, long time.

When you're not going to win the league and you're not really a hope for top 6 either, those days - being Fleetwood against Leicester or Norwich against Chelsea are the ones that keep the season exciting.
Having been at Fulham on Tuesday and now watching Norwich on the telly... on 13:53 - Jan 8 with 1381 viewsBenters2

Having been at Fulham on Tuesday and now watching Norwich on the telly... on 20:07 - Jan 6 by unstableblue

Sound dramatic?

This .

Sad sad times.
Having been at Fulham on Tuesday and now watching Norwich on the telly... on 14:09 - Jan 8 with 1362 viewsDeano69

4 goals conceded in 7 minutes, even with 10 men, even with a defender being sent off, just shouldn't happen. Sure they could make the extra man count for one or even maybe two while awaiting subs and a full re-group, but even if you defend with all 9 outfield players and have one of the best keepers in the league, surely 4 in 7 minutes including restarts is an absolute shocker?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Having been at Fulham on Tuesday and now watching Norwich on the telly... on 14:16 - Jan 8 with 1355 viewsJimmyJazz

Think the problem was that people were hoping the FA Cup was going to be something to be excited about. But frankly it never was. If Saturday had been a league game would there be the same uproar?

Seems like most Championship clubs took the opportunity to rotate their teams, and if Norwich drawing at home to a team they were competing in the same league as a couple of years ago is the height of excitement for them, then that's a sad indictment of their position really. Coventry, Fleetwood, Newport fair enough, great weekend for them. But the FA Cup is a dead duck, particularly for Championship clubs who have no real expectation of success, half the premier clubs probably feel the same way. Forest will be delighted mind you

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024