Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday 16:07 - Jan 7 with 12678 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Football as a competitive sport is dead. NFL is much better.

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:08 - Jan 7 with 6368 viewsnoggin

Whatever.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:10 - Jan 7 with 6361 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:08 - Jan 7 by noggin

Whatever.

Yup
Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:13 - Jan 7 with 6358 viewsitfcjoe

FA Cup is sadly a joke these days. Football is still competitive but it's split into mini leagues within leagues rather than the whole leagues now.

Who do you fancy for the play offs? I was looking at flights to Minneapolis for SuperBowl weekend last night, realised my passport expires next week so have renewed that today - if I get it back in time and Vikings make it I'm seriously tempted just to head over to soak it up - return flights currently £550

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:13 - Jan 7 with 6353 viewsIllinoisblue

Fleetwood drawing with Leicester, Coventry beating Stoke, Shrewsbury drawing with West Ham, Newport beating Leeds.....

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:17 - Jan 7 with 6341 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:13 - Jan 7 by Illinoisblue

Fleetwood drawing with Leicester, Coventry beating Stoke, Shrewsbury drawing with West Ham, Newport beating Leeds.....

And even I remember a Sunday night being excited about the FA Cup draw and guaranteed full house.

Gavin Johnson header anyone? That was the third round wasn't it. Shame really but this sport has sold out on so many levels. Just create a European super league and be done with it.
Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:18 - Jan 7 with 6336 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:17 - Jan 7 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

And even I remember a Sunday night being excited about the FA Cup draw and guaranteed full house.

Gavin Johnson header anyone? That was the third round wasn't it. Shame really but this sport has sold out on so many levels. Just create a European super league and be done with it.

FIfth round.
Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:19 - Jan 7 with 6332 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:13 - Jan 7 by itfcjoe

FA Cup is sadly a joke these days. Football is still competitive but it's split into mini leagues within leagues rather than the whole leagues now.

Who do you fancy for the play offs? I was looking at flights to Minneapolis for SuperBowl weekend last night, realised my passport expires next week so have renewed that today - if I get it back in time and Vikings make it I'm seriously tempted just to head over to soak it up - return flights currently £550

Asking the wrong person. I don't gamble but as I'm in sin city had a flutter yestersay and I'm 0-2 lol. I really wanted the Rams make a run, oh well. I think it will be a Vikings Pats SuperBowl
Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:20 - Jan 7 with 6311 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:18 - Jan 7 by PrideOfTheEast

FIfth round.

Who did we beat on the way? No one ever remembers the first game but I think that was a decent one as well at PR
Login to get fewer ads

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:21 - Jan 7 with 6305 viewsitfcjoe

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:19 - Jan 7 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Asking the wrong person. I don't gamble but as I'm in sin city had a flutter yestersay and I'm 0-2 lol. I really wanted the Rams make a run, oh well. I think it will be a Vikings Pats SuperBowl

I would have preferred to face the Rams next week, think we'd look comfortable against them - the Saints worry me.

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:22 - Jan 7 with 6301 viewsitfcjoe

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:20 - Jan 7 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Who did we beat on the way? No one ever remembers the first game but I think that was a decent one as well at PR

It was a terrible windy 0-0 - I was only young but sat in upper Portman Stand and remember fans singing "What a waste of money"

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:22 - Jan 7 with 6294 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:20 - Jan 7 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Hartlepool (replay) and Bournemouth. We should have won the first game from what I remember.
Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:23 - Jan 7 with 6299 viewsLeoMuff

Football is in big trouble, but even watching Chelsea loan 11 b v Man City Southern Africa regional development in the fa cup final is more exciting than nfl.

Unless then all take the knee and trump explodes, then I’m in.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:24 - Jan 7 with 6283 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:22 - Jan 7 by PrideOfTheEast

Hartlepool (replay) and Bournemouth. We should have won the first game from what I remember.

As usual.... Brum and Inter come to mind as well, never made them count.

JW hit the bar I think in the first game.
Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:25 - Jan 7 with 6277 viewsIllinoisblue

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:22 - Jan 7 by itfcjoe

It was a terrible windy 0-0 - I was only young but sat in upper Portman Stand and remember fans singing "What a waste of money"

It was a horrible February day: cold and relentlessly windy. Warky hit the bar. Replay felt like a win!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:27 - Jan 7 with 6257 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:19 - Jan 7 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Great result for us to win at the rams last night. I was pleasantly suprised.

I too think it’ll be Vikings and patriots in the SB

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:27 - Jan 7 with 6263 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:23 - Jan 7 by LeoMuff

Football is in big trouble, but even watching Chelsea loan 11 b v Man City Southern Africa regional development in the fa cup final is more exciting than nfl.

Unless then all take the knee and trump explodes, then I’m in.

I respect anyone's opinion about any sport and if we all liked the same thing it would be boring but those who constantly bash NFL don't usually understand it.

I've lost my passion for football for multiple reasons. I'll get it back for the World Cup (for about a week until we under deliver and get knocked out).
Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:29 - Jan 7 with 6244 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:27 - Jan 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Great result for us to win at the rams last night. I was pleasantly suprised.

I too think it’ll be Vikings and patriots in the SB

Bad result for me. My cousins are from New Orleans and we're all due to Philly next weekend if that worked out.
Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:38 - Jan 7 with 6206 viewsbritbiker

Agreed. Soccer is now a sport where (with a few exceptions) your a great manager because you've been able to spend £300 million more than the other manager.

I love the draft system so that the likes of Cleaveland browns fans can still look forward to selecting the best player next year despite losing every game this year. Over a period of time poor teams have a good period (unless badly managed). The whole structure of soccer is odd. The best team is then provided with the more money to become even stronger. Hence why clubs like ours will only ever have fleeting periods of being great.

Love the see Jags in the superbowl but think they are too young at this point to top the likes of New England and Vikings.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 19:30]
on 16:43 - Jan 7 with 6188 views_

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 17:53 - Jan 7 with 6088 viewsfloridablue

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 16:38 - Jan 7 by britbiker

Agreed. Soccer is now a sport where (with a few exceptions) your a great manager because you've been able to spend £300 million more than the other manager.

I love the draft system so that the likes of Cleaveland browns fans can still look forward to selecting the best player next year despite losing every game this year. Over a period of time poor teams have a good period (unless badly managed). The whole structure of soccer is odd. The best team is then provided with the more money to become even stronger. Hence why clubs like ours will only ever have fleeting periods of being great.

Love the see Jags in the superbowl but think they are too young at this point to top the likes of New England and Vikings.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 19:30]

Exactly what 'my other half' said about the 'beautiful' game that it needs a draft system which i'm starting to agree with. Just seems the wealthiest clubs keep on buying success year after year.
Shes a Minnesota Viking born and bred and she'll fly home to Minneapolis if the Vikings make the Superbowl in their own stadium just for the party!
Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 19:38 - Jan 7 with 5975 viewsbritbiker

i note football is going along the tv replay for refs route which i agree with for important decisions. The nfl has used this to good effect for ages, however i do believe that they are now checking far too many decisions. Even the slightest movement of a caught ball is being double checked and is holding up play far too much. Touchdowns and turnovers i can accept but if a catch elsewhere on the pitch looks good they should let play continue
Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 19:43 - Jan 7 with 5964 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 19:38 - Jan 7 by britbiker

i note football is going along the tv replay for refs route which i agree with for important decisions. The nfl has used this to good effect for ages, however i do believe that they are now checking far too many decisions. Even the slightest movement of a caught ball is being double checked and is holding up play far too much. Touchdowns and turnovers i can accept but if a catch elsewhere on the pitch looks good they should let play continue

Agree, it's gone too far the other way
Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 20:14 - Jan 7 with 5925 viewsHARRY10

err, one is a sport followed worldwide

The other is a tedious costume drama choreographed by sponsors and advertisers

what next ?

Ice Hockey is dead, Dancing on Ice is better ?
Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 20:38 - Jan 7 with 5892 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 20:14 - Jan 7 by HARRY10

err, one is a sport followed worldwide

The other is a tedious costume drama choreographed by sponsors and advertisers

what next ?

Ice Hockey is dead, Dancing on Ice is better ?

Modern day football is rubbish
Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 20:50 - Jan 7 with 5871 viewsm14_blue

Just flicked though the FA cup results yesterday on 20:38 - Jan 7 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Modern day football is rubbish

Pretty much agree but what was it about yesterday's cup results that made you come to that conclusion?

I've quite enjoyed this weekend, much better than the usual over hyped SUPER SUNDAY anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024