Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tommy Smith... 09:29 - Jan 9 with 2314 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...OK, am a bit late to the table on this one.

My first reaction was one of shock that we would even think of selling him. I think he's a good performer when fit, and certainly good enough to be a squad member, he also adds a goal threat. And as much as anything he's a long servant who came from the academy and provides a link to the fans.

...but in reality, looking at his injury record over the last season and a half..... the team wont really miss him.

Good luck Tommy. Ill miss you!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Tommy Smith... on 11:59 - Jan 9 with 2198 viewsCurrie10

Too slow, lets the ball bounce, doesn't read the game at all well and is probably on a good packet - like you say with his injury problems of late it's a good time for him to go.

When he first came on the scene he was horrific - improved however with injuries etc I wish you well Tommy.
Tommy Smith... on 12:04 - Jan 9 with 2170 viewstheipswichman

Tommy Smith... on 11:59 - Jan 9 by Currie10

Too slow, lets the ball bounce, doesn't read the game at all well and is probably on a good packet - like you say with his injury problems of late it's a good time for him to go.

When he first came on the scene he was horrific - improved however with injuries etc I wish you well Tommy.

Harsh, he's a very good defender that played when we had some of our best seasons under Mick. Harshly dropped in recent years honestly.
Tommy Smith... on 19:02 - Jan 9 with 1926 viewsArnieM

Tommy Smith... on 11:59 - Jan 9 by Currie10

Spot on assessment IMO

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Tommy Smith... on 21:35 - Jan 9 with 1827 viewscobboldkid

Tommy Smith... on 19:02 - Jan 9 by ArnieM

Spot on assessment IMO

Great servant to the club, no nonsense defender, very underrated, Ipswich through and through, very poor decision if we sell him, rather have one Tommy than ten Webster's. Never forget when he scored at Carrot Road in the play-off semi-final a few years back and ran the length of the pitch back to us Town fan's, un-forgettable moment !!. Shame some of his passion and determination for the club doesn't rub off onto most of the current first team and manager and owner !!
Tommy Smith... on 08:24 - Jan 10 with 1689 viewsWD19

Tommy Smith... on 21:35 - Jan 9 by cobboldkid

Great servant to the club, no nonsense defender, very underrated, Ipswich through and through, very poor decision if we sell him, rather have one Tommy than ten Webster's. Never forget when he scored at Carrot Road in the play-off semi-final a few years back and ran the length of the pitch back to us Town fan's, un-forgettable moment !!. Shame some of his passion and determination for the club doesn't rub off onto most of the current first team and manager and owner !!

Which of the current first team squad would you single out for lacking 'passion and determination' then?
Tommy Smith... on 08:53 - Jan 10 with 1646 viewspowinswitch

Tommy Smith... on 12:04 - Jan 9 by theipswichman

Harsh, he's a very good defender that played when we had some of our best seasons under Mick. Harshly dropped in recent years honestly.

Probably a little harsh. A good solid defender, but poor distribution, and very one footed. Would be excellent back up in a promotion seeking club. But I love Tommy as he loves the club. Don’t blame him for wanting to move on for first team football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024