Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club up for sale. 09:54 - Jan 9 with 16417 viewscrunchie1978

Only 30million apparently.
Club up for sale. on 09:55 - Jan 9 with 9068 viewsuefacup81

As in formally for sale? Or just something you've heard?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Club up for sale. on 09:55 - Jan 9 with 9060 viewschicoazul

Go for it Arsie, that's only a few stories about Joe Royle to flog to the Sun isn't it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Club up for sale. on 09:55 - Jan 9 with 9060 viewsSteve_M

Has it gone up £5m from yesterday? £25m seems to be the asking price.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Club up for sale. on 10:05 - Jan 9 with 8991 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Unfortunately we aren't that lucky!

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Club up for sale. on 10:13 - Jan 9 with 8925 viewsRadlett_blue

Club up for sale. on 09:55 - Jan 9 by Steve_M

I think Evans would take £25m, with a bonus thrown in if the club gets into the PL in the next few years. Not sure anyone will pay that as crowds continue to decline, but you never know. Evans also might drop his price if someone seemed serious. But we're speculating.
The last estimate showed Town's wage bill as 18th highest in the league & total revenue 16th. Pretty much every club is losing money. Those who want us to kick out Mick & try an unproven manager should know the risk we would be taking.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Club up for sale. on 10:18 - Jan 9 with 8886 viewscrunchie1978

Club up for sale. on 09:55 - Jan 9 by uefacup81

As in formally for sale? Or just something you've heard?

Not sure if it's formally or been up for sale for a while but only just now starting to leak out.
Club up for sale. on 10:23 - Jan 9 with 8848 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I'll bite and chip in on this..

It does seem as though we (by which I mean ME) are actively looking to off load as much of the saleable assets as possible (i.e. Smith & McG before their contracts run out)

Which would swell the coffers slightly so that a new owner may look at our financial state as being more positive than it actually is.
Club up for sale. on 10:23 - Jan 9 with 8844 viewscrunchie1978

Club up for sale. on 09:55 - Jan 9 by Steve_M

Thats just what i heard last night...im not sure if evans is more active in looking for a buyer....as I think the club has probably been available to buy for a while now.
Login to get fewer ads

Club up for sale. on 10:28 - Jan 9 with 8795 viewscrunchie1978

Club up for sale. on 10:23 - Jan 9 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I'll bite and chip in on this..

It does seem as though we (by which I mean ME) are actively looking to off load as much of the saleable assets as possible (i.e. Smith & McG before their contracts run out)

Which would swell the coffers slightly so that a new owner may look at our financial state as being more positive than it actually is.

That could be the case....be interesting to see if anyone is interested in buying the club.
Club up for sale. on 10:38 - Jan 9 with 8732 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What happens to the debt?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Club up for sale. on 10:42 - Jan 9 with 8707 viewsStirlingArcher

Club up for sale. on 10:38 - Jan 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

What happens to the debt?

if the debt is with ME, rather than the club
surely the buyer wouldn't buy the debt

or is that too simplistic?
Club up for sale. on 10:45 - Jan 9 with 8687 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Club up for sale. on 10:42 - Jan 9 by StirlingArcher

I may be wrong on this, but it's something along the lines of...

Part of the agreement when ME bought us was that the debt cannot be sold off separately and instead is part of any future purchase of the club.. Therefore someone has to take it on in it's entirety when buying the club or no deal
Club up for sale. on 10:45 - Jan 9 with 8681 viewsIpswichKnight

They might but I suspect the debt will be written off with a provision that if the club reaches the PL within say 10 years then ME will take a % of the TV money. Can't see anyone wanting to buy us with the debt as well that would swell the asking price to nearly 100m!
Club up for sale. on 10:47 - Jan 9 with 8663 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Debt is debt.

If ME sold the club as a going concern, then the liability would move with the club and be taken on by the new owner. ITFC would still owe money to the Marcus Evans Group.

However.... I suspect any purchaser would insist on the debt being written off as a condition of any purchase.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Club up for sale. on 10:49 - Jan 9 with 8641 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Club up for sale. on 10:45 - Jan 9 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I may be wrong on this, but it's something along the lines of...

Part of the agreement when ME bought us was that the debt cannot be sold off separately and instead is part of any future purchase of the club.. Therefore someone has to take it on in it's entirety when buying the club or no deal

Much of the current debt has been accrued since Marcus bought the club.

So any conditions of his purchase would relate to the original £30m debt, and not the other £50m.

As mentioned above, I suspect Marcus would have to accept writing off the debt.

Club up for sale. on 11:03 - Jan 9 with 8517 viewsclive_baker

Club up for sale. on 10:13 - Jan 9 by Radlett_blue

I think Evans would take £25m, with a bonus thrown in if the club gets into the PL in the next few years. Not sure anyone will pay that as crowds continue to decline, but you never know. Evans also might drop his price if someone seemed serious. But we're speculating.
The last estimate showed Town's wage bill as 18th highest in the league & total revenue 16th. Pretty much every club is losing money. Those who want us to kick out Mick & try an unproven manager should know the risk we would be taking.

Is it standard within the football industry to sell with some kind of kick back if the club is subsequently successful? Obviously it happens with player sales but that's different. If I was in a position to buy out Marcus Evans and he suggested that after I had inherited all the risk, and level of investment to take the club to the next level which he's barely threatened to do in his 10 years here, that he would like to be entitled to some gain I would firmly tell him to do one. Unless of course the opposite applies. Should relegation or worsening financial performance ensue, I presume he'll pick up some of the debt.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Club up for sale. on 11:45 - Jan 9 with 8359 viewsBluefish

Club up for sale. on 10:45 - Jan 9 by IpswichKnight

They might but I suspect the debt will be written off with a provision that if the club reaches the PL within say 10 years then ME will take a % of the TV money. Can't see anyone wanting to buy us with the debt as well that would swell the asking price to nearly 100m!

Can't we just give ME a friendly with Lazio instead of the money?
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 11:54]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Club up for sale. on 11:51 - Jan 9 with 8326 viewslinhdi

Club up for sale. on 11:03 - Jan 9 by clive_baker

Is it standard within the football industry to sell with some kind of kick back if the club is subsequently successful? Obviously it happens with player sales but that's different. If I was in a position to buy out Marcus Evans and he suggested that after I had inherited all the risk, and level of investment to take the club to the next level which he's barely threatened to do in his 10 years here, that he would like to be entitled to some gain I would firmly tell him to do one. Unless of course the opposite applies. Should relegation or worsening financial performance ensue, I presume he'll pick up some of the debt.

It is by no means unknown to link the price paid to future performance. That seems to be the barrier to the Newcastle takeover, with the prospective buyer wanting a much lower price if Toon get relegated this season.

It would be logical for Evans to sell low, but with additional payments on promotion / staying up. The downside is that we'd be disadvantaged relative to other PL clubs, and the advantage is that he'd be very incentivised to sell to someone who (he judges) is more likely to get us up than he is.
Club up for sale. on 12:16 - Jan 9 with 8185 viewsBlueNomad

ONLY 30 million?? Like most people I have that in loose change down the back of the sofa!

It is still a massive amount for anyone to invest in something that is losing money.
Club up for sale. on 12:24 - Jan 9 with 8128 viewsCoco

Yeh saw that in the window of the local barbers. Mike Ashley seemed interested after his short back and sides.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Club up for sale. on 12:39 - Jan 9 with 8016 viewsPhilTWTD

No, if and when the club is sold off - and I've no reason to believe the club is currently up for sale - the debt would almost certainly be written off, as has been the case at other clubs in a similar position, Bolton, for example. The loans weren't made with the intention that they would ever be paid back to ME.
Club up for sale. on 12:40 - Jan 9 with 7998 viewsuefacup81

Where do such things get advertised? In the Classified Ads section of Millionaire Monthly, alongside the yachts and call girls?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Club up for sale. on 12:46 - Jan 9 with 7955 viewsCoco

Club up for sale. on 12:40 - Jan 9 by uefacup81

Where do such things get advertised? In the Classified Ads section of Millionaire Monthly, alongside the yachts and call girls?

A4 poster in the club shop window

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Club up for sale. on 12:51 - Jan 9 with 7900 viewsBluefish

Club up for sale. on 12:39 - Jan 9 by PhilTWTD

No, if and when the club is sold off - and I've no reason to believe the club is currently up for sale - the debt would almost certainly be written off, as has been the case at other clubs in a similar position, Bolton, for example. The loans weren't made with the intention that they would ever be paid back to ME.

I think that is definitely how it is was communicated at the time.

The question for me is what happens to the training grounds? Didn't ME buy them?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Club up for sale. on 12:51 - Jan 9 with 7904 viewsDanTheMan

Club up for sale. on 12:46 - Jan 9 by Coco

A4 poster in the club shop window

FOR SALE:

Football club.

Condition is used. Investment needed but pedigree there. Price on arrival. Contact M. Evans for more details.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024