Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club up for sale. 09:54 - Jan 9 with 16418 viewscrunchie1978

Only 30million apparently.
Club up for sale. on 12:51 - Jan 9 with 4467 viewswitchdoctor

Club up for sale. on 09:55 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

Go for it Arsie, that's only a few stories about Joe Royle to flog to the Sun isn't it.

????
Club up for sale. on 13:00 - Jan 9 with 4450 viewsPhilTWTD

Club up for sale. on 12:51 - Jan 9 by Bluefish

I think that is definitely how it is was communicated at the time.

The question for me is what happens to the training grounds? Didn't ME buy them?

Effectively one of ME's companies bought part of the training ground off another of ME's companies for, off the top of my head £1.33m,, who now pay an annual rent, £40,000, again off the top of my head.

The idea, as it has been explained to me - both from inside and those outside of Portman Road - was that it was a tax saving. I think it would be a surprise if any future deal didn't include the training ground.
Club up for sale. on 13:55 - Jan 9 with 4359 viewshochiblue

Club up for sale. on 12:40 - Jan 9 by uefacup81

Where do such things get advertised? In the Classified Ads section of Millionaire Monthly, alongside the yachts and call girls?

Exchange & Mart
Club up for sale. on 14:04 - Jan 9 with 4339 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Club up for sale. on 13:00 - Jan 9 by PhilTWTD

Effectively one of ME's companies bought part of the training ground off another of ME's companies for, off the top of my head £1.33m,, who now pay an annual rent, £40,000, again off the top of my head.

The idea, as it has been explained to me - both from inside and those outside of Portman Road - was that it was a tax saving. I think it would be a surprise if any future deal didn't include the training ground.

I've never understood why people bring this up - it's not relevant. It's owned by an ME group company (tax resident in Guernsey) and the simple purpose will be that ITFC will pay a commercial rent to the Guernsey co...those payments will be tax deductible in ITFC and the income will be taxed at 0% in Guernsey.
Club up for sale. on 14:09 - Jan 9 with 4315 viewsNo9

Club up for sale. on 10:47 - Jan 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Debt is debt.

If ME sold the club as a going concern, then the liability would move with the club and be taken on by the new owner. ITFC would still owe money to the Marcus Evans Group.

However.... I suspect any purchaser would insist on the debt being written off as a condition of any purchase.

Have you bothered to read the notes attached to the annual accounts?
Club up for sale. on 14:21 - Jan 9 with 4307 viewsBluefish

Club up for sale. on 14:04 - Jan 9 by PrideOfTheEast

I've never understood why people bring this up - it's not relevant. It's owned by an ME group company (tax resident in Guernsey) and the simple purpose will be that ITFC will pay a commercial rent to the Guernsey co...those payments will be tax deductible in ITFC and the income will be taxed at 0% in Guernsey.

Because if he sells the club but not the training ground will he screw us over for rent or will he try and develop the land? Not sure the training ground has the same caveats as the stadium land

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Club up for sale. on 14:49 - Jan 9 with 4268 viewsupthewallpaul

£30m for a broken football club?

Games gone!
Club up for sale. on 14:51 - Jan 9 with 4272 viewsWBBlue18

Club up for sale. on 14:21 - Jan 9 by Bluefish

Because if he sells the club but not the training ground will he screw us over for rent or will he try and develop the land? Not sure the training ground has the same caveats as the stadium land

Over a period I've heard from more than one contact in the City that the Club has been available for sale for a good 2 years now (memory fades, could even be 3 years), but the lack of interest has surrounded how much Marcus Evans has been trying to recoup his total investment - i.e. cover the debt incurred within the ME group. Maybe this position has changed and he is now being more realistic and it has kick-started things. Certainly he is not investing nearly enough to have a realistic promotion push and the financial gap is widening by the season taking the club from a position of "good management = a few higher paces in the division = play offs" to a position now where "good management = a few higher places = keeps us in the division". Where we were maybe 6th or 7th highest spenders in the league 7 or 8 years ago, we are now about 10 places below that level of investment, which means in practice promotion is only going to happen should all the stars align - which is quite unrealistic. In the meantime he is spending circa £4m net per season for the Club to tread water, so neither camp (Marcus Evans or ITFC) are ticking any boxes when it comes to a return - financial for ME or the Premier League for ITFC...
Login to get fewer ads

Club up for sale. on 14:59 - Jan 9 with 4242 viewsjimsymBLUE

Club up for sale. on 14:49 - Jan 9 by upthewallpaul

£30m for a broken football club?

Games gone!

Just think, you could buy 3/4's of a Sigurdsson or a whole Mo Sissoko for that in this day and age...

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Club up for sale. on 15:01 - Jan 9 with 4239 viewsdirtyboy

Perspective here, I've got a client, who I consider to be insanely wealthy, helicopter from home to meetings kind of stuff, garages stuffed with cars and live in big country house with acres of land and they are just about wealthy enough to buy the club if it were somehow up for £30m.

However, even at their wealth, there is absolutely zero chance of them being able to put in £6m a year to finance the club, let alone the extra fans want for us to be competitive.

We'll have to be insanely lucky to find someone even half as able as ME is in disposable cash to buy this club, let alone put in more than he has.
Club up for sale. on 15:16 - Jan 9 with 4196 viewsDebenBlue

Club up for sale. on 14:51 - Jan 9 by WBBlue18

Over a period I've heard from more than one contact in the City that the Club has been available for sale for a good 2 years now (memory fades, could even be 3 years), but the lack of interest has surrounded how much Marcus Evans has been trying to recoup his total investment - i.e. cover the debt incurred within the ME group. Maybe this position has changed and he is now being more realistic and it has kick-started things. Certainly he is not investing nearly enough to have a realistic promotion push and the financial gap is widening by the season taking the club from a position of "good management = a few higher paces in the division = play offs" to a position now where "good management = a few higher places = keeps us in the division". Where we were maybe 6th or 7th highest spenders in the league 7 or 8 years ago, we are now about 10 places below that level of investment, which means in practice promotion is only going to happen should all the stars align - which is quite unrealistic. In the meantime he is spending circa £4m net per season for the Club to tread water, so neither camp (Marcus Evans or ITFC) are ticking any boxes when it comes to a return - financial for ME or the Premier League for ITFC...

I don't think you are too far off the mark, I was told an offer was made to ME around Christmas 2016 for approx.$ 20 Million but he was looking for $ 25 Mill. I also think what the OP has heard is probably there or thereabouts.
Club up for sale. on 15:20 - Jan 9 with 4186 viewshype313

Club up for sale. on 15:01 - Jan 9 by dirtyboy

Perspective here, I've got a client, who I consider to be insanely wealthy, helicopter from home to meetings kind of stuff, garages stuffed with cars and live in big country house with acres of land and they are just about wealthy enough to buy the club if it were somehow up for £30m.

However, even at their wealth, there is absolutely zero chance of them being able to put in £6m a year to finance the club, let alone the extra fans want for us to be competitive.

We'll have to be insanely lucky to find someone even half as able as ME is in disposable cash to buy this club, let alone put in more than he has.

Think you have hit the nail on the head there, one thing being wealthy, another being super rich, and that's what we would need to just tread water in this division, and quite frankly, who in their right mind would buy us?

Think we're stuck with Marcus and Marcus is stuck with us for the foreseeable.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 15:22]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Club up for sale. on 15:24 - Jan 9 with 4176 viewsDyland

Any buyer would have to be a proper numpty to not negotiate the purchase of the training ground as part of the takeover. In fact, it's unthinkable.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Club up for sale. on 15:27 - Jan 9 with 4166 viewsElderGrizzly

Club up for sale. on 15:24 - Jan 9 by Dyland

Any buyer would have to be a proper numpty to not negotiate the purchase of the training ground as part of the takeover. In fact, it's unthinkable.

Training ground (or the portion he bought), is not allowed to be built on under current council classification.

As Phil says, people are trying too hard to find a sinister reason for it. They admitted it was a help towards FFP in the year it happened and benefited for tax purposes.
Totally this on 15:31 - Jan 9 with 4155 viewsDyland

Club up for sale. on 15:27 - Jan 9 by ElderGrizzly

Training ground (or the portion he bought), is not allowed to be built on under current council classification.

As Phil says, people are trying too hard to find a sinister reason for it. They admitted it was a help towards FFP in the year it happened and benefited for tax purposes.

MEG will sell the training ground at the same time as the club, full stop.

If he ever finds a buyer that is!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Club up for sale. on 15:37 - Jan 9 with 4141 viewsPrideOfTheEast

But nobody would buy the club without the training ground.
Club up for sale. on 15:38 - Jan 9 with 4140 viewshype313

The training ground is probably the most valuable asset on the books.

Club up for sale. on 15:40 - Jan 9 with 4135 viewsPhilTWTD

Club up for sale. on 15:38 - Jan 9 by hype313

The training ground is probably the most valuable asset on the books.

Not the stadium? Think that was valued at £10m.
Club up for sale. on 15:42 - Jan 9 with 4122 viewshype313

Club up for sale. on 15:40 - Jan 9 by PhilTWTD

Not the stadium? Think that was valued at £10m.

I was being somewhat facetious.

Club up for sale. on 15:43 - Jan 9 with 4118 viewsitfcjoe

Club up for sale. on 15:16 - Jan 9 by DebenBlue

I don't think you are too far off the mark, I was told an offer was made to ME around Christmas 2016 for approx.$ 20 Million but he was looking for $ 25 Mill. I also think what the OP has heard is probably there or thereabouts.

If the asking price and the offer had got that close then surely a deal would have been done? It's pennies in the grand scheme of things.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Club up for sale. on 15:44 - Jan 9 with 4112 viewsPhilTWTD

Club up for sale. on 15:42 - Jan 9 by hype313

I was being somewhat facetious.

Consider me whooshed.
Club up for sale. on 15:44 - Jan 9 with 4114 viewsitfcjoe

Club up for sale. on 15:27 - Jan 9 by ElderGrizzly

A lot of those classifications are being relaxed, wouldn't surprise me if it can be built on at some point soon - but as I understood it is only a part of the Bent Lane site which is used effectively as a car park but that may be wrong

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Club up for sale. on 15:47 - Jan 9 with 4107 viewsElderGrizzly

Club up for sale. on 15:44 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

A lot of those classifications are being relaxed, wouldn't surprise me if it can be built on at some point soon - but as I understood it is only a part of the Bent Lane site which is used effectively as a car park but that may be wrong

Yep, he only bought a very small part. Not the ‘actual’ training ground. That gets overlooked/spun by those with an agenda.

He might have been banking on reclassification and if he did and sold a piece of land we don’t use, then good luck to him.

[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 15:49]
Club up for sale. on 15:48 - Jan 9 with 4105 viewsPhilTWTD

Club up for sale. on 15:44 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

I think there is part of it which can be built on more easily than the rest - pretty sure it's the bit you refer to as it has houses bordering it - and I know it something which has been looked at, although not sure to what extent.

There are - or at least were, not sure where things are at - plans for the university to build something at Playford Road as part of the link-up with the club.
Club up for sale. on 15:53 - Jan 9 with 4078 viewsElderGrizzly

Club up for sale. on 15:43 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

If the asking price and the offer had got that close then surely a deal would have been done? It's pennies in the grand scheme of things.

£25m has been talked about very recently, but the issue is an owner having the funds to fund us going forwards at a much higher level and agreeing to pay Evans a portion of the debt if promoted.

There just aren’t many people out there and no Barnsley isn’t a good example before some say they are there. From what we’ve read about Barnsley, it could be a car crash and not how i’d want our club run
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024