Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... 10:14 - Jan 9 with 4283 viewsBlueastheycome

Why so few?
14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 10:43 - Jan 9 with 4253 viewsEJP

Southern Rail being on strike probably didn’t help.
14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 11:57 - Jan 9 with 4176 viewsCurrie10

Utterly embarrassing.

Supposed to be a derby game..........

Rail strike or not shouldn't have been less than 25,000.
14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 12:02 - Jan 9 with 4165 viewstheipswichman

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 11:57 - Jan 9 by Currie10

Utterly embarrassing.

Pretty ironic since we don't always hit 25k for our derby these days...
14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 12:51 - Jan 9 with 4102 viewsuefacup81

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 11:57 - Jan 9 by Currie10

Utterly embarrassing.

Given there were limited/no trains running to a stadium which was built to primarily be accessible by train?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 13:20 - Jan 9 with 4049 viewsTJS

Never quite convinced this is a real derby.
Always seems a bit manufactured as neither team have any other rivals.
14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 13:21 - Jan 9 with 4045 viewsCurrie10

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 12:02 - Jan 9 by theipswichman

Pretty ironic since we don't always hit 25k for our derby these days...

I'm not going to accept Brighton's 14,507 whatsoever as being remotely ' good '.

A quick look on the Palace website and away tickets were £25 - Palace sold their maximum allocation of 2000. Have to assume a lot of tickets in the home end were the same price.

So PREMIER LEAGUE Brighton, sold a laughable 12,507.

We sold not many less, at home to Sheff Utd.

Granted, our tickets were £10 as were the Blades - however had we had Nodge on a Monday, on tv, fa cup there is no way in hell we'd only shift 12,507.

Pathetic ' support ' from plastic club Brighton.
14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 13:22 - Jan 9 with 4040 viewsCurrie10

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 12:51 - Jan 9 by uefacup81

Given there were limited/no trains running to a stadium which was built to primarily be accessible by train?

There is a car park - there is a bus service.

No way am I sticking up for Brighton here. Pathetic.

That said, the fa cup is broken. Tie upon tie on tv.
14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 13:33 - Jan 9 with 4019 viewsbenno1uk

People getting bored of football
Login to get fewer ads

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 16:43 - Jan 9 with 3938 viewstheipswichman

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 13:21 - Jan 9 by Currie10

I'm not going to accept Brighton's 14,507 whatsoever as being remotely ' good '.

A quick look on the Palace website and away tickets were £25 - Palace sold their maximum allocation of 2000. Have to assume a lot of tickets in the home end were the same price.

Granted, our tickets were £10 as were the Blades - however had we had Nodge on a Monday, on tv, fa cup there is no way in hell we'd only shift 12,507.

Oh no I do agree with you but I'm just saying you're effectively calling us embarrassing also (which I don't dispute ). 14k is pretty poor but it suggests it's not a real derby as we all kind of knew.
14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 18:50 - Jan 9 with 3884 viewsBrightonEye

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 13:21 - Jan 9 by Currie10

I'm surprised there were that many, to be honest. Brighton reserves vs Palace reserves, game on TV anyway, FA Cup permanently devalued, crowd trouble in the November league game, freezing cold…

But, plastic fans? Really? That would be the club with 23,000 season-ticket holders, 5000 on the waiting list, average league gate 30,000 this season and around 27,000 in the previous six at the Amex.

Embarrassing? Hardly…
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 18:52]
14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 18:51 - Jan 9 with 3880 viewsBackToRussia

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 18:50 - Jan 9 by BrightonEye

I'm surprised there were that many, to be honest. Brighton reserves vs Palace reserves, game on TV anyway, FA Cup permanently devalued, crowd trouble in the November league game, freezing cold…

But, plastic fans? Really? That would be the club with 23,000 season-ticket holders, 5000 on the waiting list, average league gate 30,000 this season and around 27,000 in the previous six at the Amex.

Embarrassing? Hardly…

Crowd trouble? It's your derby, what do you expect.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 18:53 - Jan 9 with 3878 viewssparks

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 18:51 - Jan 9 by BackToRussia

FA cup is dead.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 18:55 - Jan 9 with 3871 viewsBackToRussia

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 18:53 - Jan 9 by sparks

FA cup is dead.

I suppose it is? Still up for grabs. Do Brighton not want to have won the FA Cup then?

And a derby game is a derby game. If we played Nodge in a 3rd round Caraboa Cup we'd get more than that.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 19:00 - Jan 9 with 3865 viewssparks

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 18:55 - Jan 9 by BackToRussia

I suppose it is? Still up for grabs. Do Brighton not want to have won the FA Cup then?

And a derby game is a derby game. If we played Nodge in a 3rd round Caraboa Cup we'd get more than that.

Brighton wont win it. They will earn more money by gaining a place in the league. Fans are well aware their clubs dont take it seriously anymore.

Was pointed out on talksport earlier that Arsenal gained about £4m for their whole cup run last year, whereas they earn that per premiership game...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 19:05 - Jan 9 with 3858 viewsBackToRussia

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 19:00 - Jan 9 by sparks

Brighton wont win it. They will earn more money by gaining a place in the league. Fans are well aware their clubs dont take it seriously anymore.

Was pointed out on talksport earlier that Arsenal gained about £4m for their whole cup run last year, whereas they earn that per premiership game...

They won't win it because they don't want to win it. No other reason. Plenty of lower-status clubs have come close or won it recently. With the strength of PL squads these days any team could have a go at it and win it. Isn't there Europa League qualification attached now too? Would be a first in Europe for them too, no?

Obviously the club need to take the blame but fans need to take some responsibility too and put some pressure on these people to not see everything as £££s.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 19:10 - Jan 9 with 3850 viewsLord_Lucan

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 13:20 - Jan 9 by TJS

Never quite convinced this is a real derby.
Always seems a bit manufactured as neither team have any other rivals.

Funnily enough it all started in the mid 70's at a FA Cup game, something to do with the managers Venenbals and Mullery from memory.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 11:01 - Jan 10 with 3717 viewsHerbivore

Brighton, despite being in the Prem, are essentially a tinpot club. There's your answer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 15:35 - Jan 10 with 3659 viewsSteve_M

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 18:51 - Jan 9 by BackToRussia

Badly worded banners?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 15:37 - Jan 10 with 3658 viewsJ2BLUE

Did anyone have any interest in this at all? With respect to them, I don't exactly class Palace/Brighton as a big rivalry. Even in the league I would struggle to be interested. In the FA Cup where teams don't take it seriously I couldn't have cared less.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 15:47 - Jan 10 with 3645 viewsFreddy

It looked less than that
14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 16:02 - Jan 10 with 3631 viewstheipswichman

14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 18:50 - Jan 9 by BrightonEye

Embarrassing? Hardly…

It's a derby mate, were mid table and aall bored af with many wanting the manager out but we'd still sell 20k + (if not more) against Nodge.
14k at the Amex for Brighton vs Palace last night... on 16:04 - Jan 10 with 3625 viewschicoazul

Sorry but what is "plastic" about them??? Brighton are a very old well established football club.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024