Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Love this piece on Ted by Mel Henderson 16:57 - Jan 9 with 1789 viewsSuperfrans

Brings a lump to my throat

Ted's Greatest Game 1962 Win at Spurs 9th Jan 2018 15:15
Ted Phillips, who has died aged 84, played 295 games for Ipswich, scoring 181 goals, an impressive ratio by any standards, and he was quick to nominate the victory over reigning champions Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane on Wednesday 14 March 1962, as the most memorable of his entire career. 46

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Love this piece on Ted by Mel Henderson on 17:26 - Jan 9 with 1742 viewsPendejo

My father, a Charlton fan yet to visit Ipswich, was at White Hart Lane that day as many turned out to see upstart Ipswich taught a lesson.

Probably played as much a part in my family moving to Ipswich when I was three as anything else [he had choice of Ipswich, Bristol or Lytham]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Love this piece on Ted by Mel Henderson on 17:46 - Jan 9 with 1715 viewsBasuco

Love this piece on Ted by Mel Henderson on 17:26 - Jan 9 by Pendejo

My father, a Charlton fan yet to visit Ipswich, was at White Hart Lane that day as many turned out to see upstart Ipswich taught a lesson.

Probably played as much a part in my family moving to Ipswich when I was three as anything else [he had choice of Ipswich, Bristol or Lytham]

The year before that Father-in-Law was at White Hart Lane singing "what a waste of money" to Jimmy Greaves, as Town had Ray Crawford and Ted Phillips banging in the goals and Town beat them 3 - 1 that day. Now that is a proud boast.
Love this piece on Ted by Mel Henderson on 18:57 - Jan 9 with 1659 viewsIllinoisblue

getting the train to the game - and having their pre-match meal on it too - fans mingling anywhere and everywhere in the ground. Chairman taking the players for a post-match booze-up. Those were indeed the days. That 61-62 achievement more than stacks up against Leicester's title win.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Love this piece on Ted by Mel Henderson on 19:10 - Jan 9 with 1641 viewslinhdi

Wonderful piece by Mel Henderson. It reminds me that the club's archive has a handwritten personal set of papers by Town fan, John Finch, including a "my favourite game", covering e very single season from 1938-1998. His pick for 1961/62 was the Spurs away game. I'll dig out the text and pop it up on the Heritage display in the FanZone Saturday, part of a Ted Phillips Special, of course.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024