Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket prices next for year 22:26 - Jan 9 with 10497 viewsSuperTommySmith

So what % rise are we predicting? Or is anyone bold enough to predict a drop.
Season ticket prices next for year on 22:27 - Jan 9 with 6774 viewsJ2BLUE

Price freeze and the usual bluster about youngsters, signings and the long term plan.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Season ticket prices next for year on 22:35 - Jan 9 with 6751 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

10% reduction

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Season ticket prices next for year on 22:40 - Jan 9 with 6738 viewsRegencyBlue

Given last summers fiasco I would hope for a freeze at the least.

Having said that the ability of this regime to do the wrong thing never ceases to amaze!
Season ticket prices next for year on 22:48 - Jan 9 with 6716 viewsgtsb1966

Depends if there is news of a new manager.
Season ticket prices next for year on 22:48 - Jan 9 with 6718 viewsITFC_Forever

Price freeze.

And promise of cash back if we achieve some ridiculous and unachievable target of STs sold or league position.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Season ticket prices next for year on 22:51 - Jan 9 with 6713 viewstextbackup

Price freeze, 500-750 less fans, crayon up nose boy to tell us we are jolly well looking Tom improve and aim for top 6, only to give up in december

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Season ticket prices next for year on 22:54 - Jan 9 with 6695 viewsgtsb1966

Season ticket prices next for year on 22:51 - Jan 9 by textbackup

Price freeze, 500-750 less fans, crayon up nose boy to tell us we are jolly well looking Tom improve and aim for top 6, only to give up in december

Plus a free ticket for the FA Cup 4th round game.
Season ticket prices next for year on 23:02 - Jan 9 with 6674 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Probably a price freeze but with Milne bullsh*tting that this is the beginning of a new era with the new manager and is not to be missed.

Realistically, the main change that needs to happen to begin a ‘new era’, isn’t gonna happen.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 23:02]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket prices next for year on 06:58 - Jan 10 with 6503 viewsBenters2

Buy one get one free.
Season ticket prices next for year on 07:06 - Jan 10 with 6501 viewsTLA

Season ticket prices next for year on 06:58 - Jan 10 by Benters2

Buy one get one free.

Morning Benters.

Something like that is not a bad idea. Price freeze and then buy one, get one half price or something. If the kids' tickets went back to a tenner and there was some concession for the older fans, we might get it back on track.
Season ticket prices next for year on 07:31 - Jan 10 with 6457 viewsBenters2

Season ticket prices next for year on 07:06 - Jan 10 by TLA

Morning Benters.

Something like that is not a bad idea. Price freeze and then buy one, get one half price or something. If the kids' tickets went back to a tenner and there was some concession for the older fans, we might get it back on track.

Good morning to you Sir.

BOGOF Is a grea idea,get them in the stadium buying sub standard over priced Ale and food,its got to be better than having 15'000 empty seats per game?
Season ticket prices next for year on 08:27 - Jan 10 with 6398 viewsfactual_blue

Season ticket prices next for year on 07:31 - Jan 10 by Benters2

Good morning to you Sir.

BOGOF Is a grea idea,get them in the stadium buying sub standard over priced Ale and food,its got to be better than having 15'000 empty seats per game?

That should be 'sub-standard, over-priced ale'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Season ticket prices next for year on 08:32 - Jan 10 with 6390 viewsHerbivore

Price freeze or small increase I reckon but with the promise of paying the same if we get promotion to the Prem for the following season, which isn't going to happen. I'd like to see us do a Huddersfield and drop prices radically but I'm not sure our fans would come back. If they dropped them to £250 if we got 20k sold that would be a genuine incentive to win people back and wouldn't lose us money.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Season ticket prices next for year on 08:37 - Jan 10 with 6371 viewsWD19

Inflation is running at 3%.

I predict that one way or another ST will be cheaper in real terms next season than this. Lots of people will then obsess about what other people are/aren't doing.
Season ticket prices next for year on 08:39 - Jan 10 with 6366 viewspowinswitch

Season ticket prices next for year on 08:32 - Jan 10 by Herbivore

Price freeze or small increase I reckon but with the promise of paying the same if we get promotion to the Prem for the following season, which isn't going to happen. I'd like to see us do a Huddersfield and drop prices radically but I'm not sure our fans would come back. If they dropped them to £250 if we got 20k sold that would be a genuine incentive to win people back and wouldn't lose us money.

Herbivore. If they dropped the prices ala Huddersfield, and played a better style of football, I think we would see a small increase in our average crowd. If the better style of football saw us anywhere in the top 8, and within striking distance of the the playoffs, then I think the increase would be more substantial. Dropping the price and playing a better style is relatively easy. It being successful is much harder. But I think it’s worth a go. Mick has definitely accumulated a better squad than he inherited and I thank him for that.
Season ticket prices next for year on 08:43 - Jan 10 with 6360 viewsHerbivore

Season ticket prices next for year on 08:39 - Jan 10 by powinswitch

Herbivore. If they dropped the prices ala Huddersfield, and played a better style of football, I think we would see a small increase in our average crowd. If the better style of football saw us anywhere in the top 8, and within striking distance of the the playoffs, then I think the increase would be more substantial. Dropping the price and playing a better style is relatively easy. It being successful is much harder. But I think it’s worth a go. Mick has definitely accumulated a better squad than he inherited and I thank him for that.

The squad is definitely in a far, far better place now than when he took over, agreed. He needs to go and that might restore a bit of optimism. If we do a Huddersfield we'd need to he sure that numbers are going to greatly increase so that we're not running at an even bigger loss, it'd be a gamble and I can't see us going for it. However, if we could get close to 20k season tickets sold and a bit of positivity about the place that would help us achieve success on the pitch imo. Just can't see it happening though.

Season ticket prices next for year on 08:48 - Jan 10 with 6351 viewspowinswitch

Season ticket prices next for year on 08:43 - Jan 10 by Herbivore

The squad is definitely in a far, far better place now than when he took over, agreed. He needs to go and that might restore a bit of optimism. If we do a Huddersfield we'd need to he sure that numbers are going to greatly increase so that we're not running at an even bigger loss, it'd be a gamble and I can't see us going for it. However, if we could get close to 20k season tickets sold and a bit of positivity about the place that would help us achieve success on the pitch imo. Just can't see it happening though.

I think getting 20,000 season ticket sales is not going to happen while we are in the championship. Even at such low prices.
Season ticket prices next for year on 08:54 - Jan 10 with 6341 viewsHerbivore

Season ticket prices next for year on 08:48 - Jan 10 by powinswitch

I think getting 20,000 season ticket sales is not going to happen while we are in the championship. Even at such low prices.

Which is why we won't see significantly lower prices. To make it financially viable a big reduction needs to be matched by a big uptake. If we sell 10k at £400 we'd need to sell 16k at £250 in order to not be losing money, if that's unlikely to happen then there's no way the club will take the risk. They could do it on a similar basis to last season when they said if we sell x number of tickets then everyone gets a 5% discount but 5% was never enough of an incentive for the numbers they wanted and you're then relying on the fans taking a risk by buying a season ticket in the hope it'll be at the lower price.

Season ticket prices next for year on 09:04 - Jan 10 with 6323 viewsPinewoodblue

Think timing is more important than whatever price is set. Can see them being stupid enough to launch season ticket sales before fans are told who will be Manager next year.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Season ticket prices next for year on 09:07 - Jan 10 with 6315 viewsHerbivore

Season ticket prices next for year on 09:04 - Jan 10 by Pinewoodblue

Think timing is more important than whatever price is set. Can see them being stupid enough to launch season ticket sales before fans are told who will be Manager next year.

At best we'll know Mick's contract isn't being renewed, I doubt we'll know who will be in charge until the summer. To be honest, history suggests that a change of manager doesn't have a huge impact on ticket sales in itself anyway. It's all about results.

Season ticket prices next for year on 09:10 - Jan 10 with 6312 viewsWD19

Season ticket prices next for year on 09:07 - Jan 10 by Herbivore

At best we'll know Mick's contract isn't being renewed, I doubt we'll know who will be in charge until the summer. To be honest, history suggests that a change of manager doesn't have a huge impact on ticket sales in itself anyway. It's all about results.

They could go with a bold 'if we sell 15k we will get rid of Mick approach' to troll the bedsheet brigade!?
Season ticket prices next for year on 09:33 - Jan 10 with 6292 viewsCurrie10

Expecting a drop - they've come out and said they've messed up on the prices.

Okay, all good to talk the talk, now walk the sodding walk and get some back.

Other schemes have been very good this year.

£25/£30 matchday prices are better however fewer people are bothering with this.

The 6 pack idea good - however again shifting very little.

Season tickets are bread and butter, so really need to get 2-4k more next year. Yes, if McCarthy goes we'll have a lot more either way however we could get some very good gates next year if the board want it.
Season ticket prices next for year on 09:45 - Jan 10 with 6280 viewsHerbivore

Season ticket prices next for year on 09:33 - Jan 10 by Currie10

Expecting a drop - they've come out and said they've messed up on the prices.

Okay, all good to talk the talk, now walk the sodding walk and get some back.

Other schemes have been very good this year.

£25/£30 matchday prices are better however fewer people are bothering with this.

The 6 pack idea good - however again shifting very little.

Season tickets are bread and butter, so really need to get 2-4k more next year. Yes, if McCarthy goes we'll have a lot more either way however we could get some very good gates next year if the board want it.

I think you're being naive if you think Mick going will significantly increase sales in its own right.

Season ticket prices next for year on 09:48 - Jan 10 with 6272 viewsBackToRussia

Season ticket prices next for year on 09:45 - Jan 10 by Herbivore

I think you're being naive if you think Mick going will significantly increase sales in its own right.

No, but a good managerial appointment with an exciting transfer window would win back the majority of the stayaways.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Season ticket prices next for year on 09:50 - Jan 10 with 6270 viewsHerbivore

Season ticket prices next for year on 09:48 - Jan 10 by BackToRussia

No, but a good managerial appointment with an exciting transfer window would win back the majority of the stayaways.

Only if they start winning games.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024