Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting piece on Brentford's non-academy approach to recruitment 10:46 - Jan 11 with 1513 viewsSteve_M

Whether it is ultimately successful, Brentford's approach of trying to out-compete their budget is admirable and something I wish we would do more of.

Instead we're stuck in an old mindset where the first-team manager runs the football side of the club - that works mainly when it is Mick McCarthy, less well when Keane or jewell or when the manager leaves.

"It's not the head coach that signs the player, or the owner, it's everyone," Ankersen tells football.london. "I always tell the player that it's the club that buys him, not an individual."

http://www.football.london/championship/brentford-rasmus-ankersen-transfer-plan-

"It's not the head coach that signs the player, or the owner, it's everyone," Ankersen tells football.london. "I always tell the player that it's the club that buys him, not an individual.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Interesting piece on Brentford's non-academy approach to recruitment on 11:01 - Jan 11 with 1476 viewshomer_123

Actually Steve we do, more than you might think.

However, we blend this with the academy - which personally, I like.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Interesting piece on Brentford's non-academy approach to recruitment on 11:05 - Jan 11 with 1469 viewsitfcjoe

Brentford are the absolute antithesis to us - and we are probably the 2 success stories in the Championship over last 5 years with regards to over performing on a budget. But there's is much more sustainable than ours!

There needs to be some direction from the boardroom, to pull together the short, medium and long term aims for the club because it's unfair and too much to ask a manager to do so when they are a bad run of form away from the sack.

The manager shouldn't be able to buy players that will block pathways, the club needs to be deciding on recruitment

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Interesting piece on Brentford's non-academy approach to recruitment on 11:19 - Jan 11 with 1430 viewsmonty_radio

Interesting piece on Brentford's non-academy approach to recruitment on 11:05 - Jan 11 by itfcjoe

Brentford are the absolute antithesis to us - and we are probably the 2 success stories in the Championship over last 5 years with regards to over performing on a budget. But there's is much more sustainable than ours!

There needs to be some direction from the boardroom, to pull together the short, medium and long term aims for the club because it's unfair and too much to ask a manager to do so when they are a bad run of form away from the sack.

The manager shouldn't be able to buy players that will block pathways, the club needs to be deciding on recruitment

Collaborative working is not for those who have a top gun approach.

I think that this more concerted approach needs a group of committed and paid-up people, all of whom know more about football than our current bosses.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Interesting piece on Brentford's non-academy approach to recruitment on 11:20 - Jan 11 with 1425 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Does seem like a perfect time to address the our current set up and have a bit of a shuffle around.

Getting a director of football would be a huge step for us and would enable us to keep progressing even if the manager isnt successful. George Burley this week was saying on the radio this week that he might be interested in role like that at the club if it was available so I am sure we could fill that position easily enough.

I can see us becoming very reliant on our academy going forward under Evans as its the only way we will be able to compete soon with the amounts of money in the game. If we can get a director of football in to oversee the transfers, work with the manager/board/fans & academy etc then all we need from a manager is effectively a coach who is good at working with the youngsters and will give them a chance.

I would much prefer this kind of approach than throwing millions at it anyway as there's noting better than seeing one of your own come through the academy and I feel for Brentford fans a bit that they have been denied of this essentially.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Interesting piece on Brentford's non-academy approach to recruitment on 11:35 - Jan 11 with 1396 viewsmonty_radio

Interesting piece on Brentford's non-academy approach to recruitment on 11:20 - Jan 11 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Does seem like a perfect time to address the our current set up and have a bit of a shuffle around.

Getting a director of football would be a huge step for us and would enable us to keep progressing even if the manager isnt successful. George Burley this week was saying on the radio this week that he might be interested in role like that at the club if it was available so I am sure we could fill that position easily enough.

I can see us becoming very reliant on our academy going forward under Evans as its the only way we will be able to compete soon with the amounts of money in the game. If we can get a director of football in to oversee the transfers, work with the manager/board/fans & academy etc then all we need from a manager is effectively a coach who is good at working with the youngsters and will give them a chance.

I would much prefer this kind of approach than throwing millions at it anyway as there's noting better than seeing one of your own come through the academy and I feel for Brentford fans a bit that they have been denied of this essentially.

"there's nothing better than seeing one of your own come through the academy and I feel for Brentford fans a bit that they have been denied of this essentially."

I get that, but Brentford's approach, rescuing rejects that they've been monitoring and developing them through their, so-called, B Team is not so very different in terms of nurturing affinity. It's not as if anyone's academy is completely local.

Bishop, for example, from the Cambridge area - having lived in that area for many years I can report that there's scant attention paid to far-off Ipswich Town by the majority.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Interesting piece on Brentford's non-academy approach to recruitment on 11:53 - Jan 11 with 1350 viewsSWGF

"The player would think 'he signed me - will the next guy like me?' Brentford is not one 'star' leading things. The project is the star."

And this is why we're in a period of stasis in this transfer window. No medium/long term strategy.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Interesting piece on Brentford's non-academy approach to recruitment on 12:04 - Jan 11 with 1322 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Interesting piece on Brentford's non-academy approach to recruitment on 11:35 - Jan 11 by monty_radio

"there's nothing better than seeing one of your own come through the academy and I feel for Brentford fans a bit that they have been denied of this essentially."

I get that, but Brentford's approach, rescuing rejects that they've been monitoring and developing them through their, so-called, B Team is not so very different in terms of nurturing affinity. It's not as if anyone's academy is completely local.

Bishop, for example, from the Cambridge area - having lived in that area for many years I can report that there's scant attention paid to far-off Ipswich Town by the majority.

Rescuing rejects has been our forte over the last 5 years under Mick hasn't it? Agree about Bishop and was one of the reasons why in a post the other day I mentioned that I have failed to warm to him, mainly because I know he is from Cambridge, a Tottenham fan and not really one of us at all.

Im not sure if you do have the same affinity though with a reject as one of your own and I mean one of your own, I guess maybe you do once that blue shirt is pulled on, guess it comes down to the individual.

All I know is that once I heard that I heard Dozzell Jnr was on our books I have followed his career closely as he is one of us and I love that and genuinely cant wait till he is back next season as he is going to be one hell of a player for us and one that we have produced ourselves.

Brentford are doing a lot right and I like the style they play, the set up they have (bar the academy) so its not all bad there by any stretch. Its good that at least they are trying something different and admire them for it.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024