Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Detectorists 11:55 - Jan 11 with 3951 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I am very late to this particular party, but have watched all 3 series in the last week.

I guess its not to everyones tastes, but what a programme.

Great directing, excellent casting, good theme and score, and a really well told story.

As a Suffolk expat, its also great to see the lovely background scenery.

Anyone else a fan?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Detectorists on 11:58 - Jan 11 with 3934 viewsBenters2

Yep its great.

A lot of it is filmed around the Framlingham area.
Detectorists on 12:26 - Jan 11 with 3909 viewsconnorscontract

I loved it. I'd have been happy if they'd stopped at the end of Series 2 as they had a lovely.resolution, but 3 wrapped up the Christmas Special new plots well and even resolved some side plots (I loved the proposal with the found ring in the background towards the end).

Just beautiful. Friendship, the reality of mundanity in relationships and working through that, ambition and those who choose not to have any, betrayal.

And I loved the scenes where two middle aged men wandered around a field and said about 20 words in 5 minutes. Courageous direction and commissioning by the BBC. And another thumbs up for Johnny Flynn's music and one of my favourite theme tunes of all time.
Detectorists on 12:28 - Jan 11 with 3903 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Detectorists on 12:26 - Jan 11 by connorscontract

I loved it. I'd have been happy if they'd stopped at the end of Series 2 as they had a lovely.resolution, but 3 wrapped up the Christmas Special new plots well and even resolved some side plots (I loved the proposal with the found ring in the background towards the end).

Just beautiful. Friendship, the reality of mundanity in relationships and working through that, ambition and those who choose not to have any, betrayal.

And I loved the scenes where two middle aged men wandered around a field and said about 20 words in 5 minutes. Courageous direction and commissioning by the BBC. And another thumbs up for Johnny Flynn's music and one of my favourite theme tunes of all time.

Agree with all of that.

When I started watching series 3 I did wonder about the direction it was going in, but thoroughly enjoyed it, and the ending.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Detectorists on 12:55 - Jan 11 with 3858 viewsvilanovablue

One of the best things on TV. I thought series 3 sorted everything out brilliantly and had no issues with the happy ending. Loved the theme tune too. Gutted there won't be any more but good going out on a high.
Detectorists on 13:04 - Jan 11 with 3844 viewsBLUEBEAT

There is no way on earth they would get a cottage of that size in such a Suffolk countryside location for £42K at auction!

Poll: W or W

Detectorists on 13:05 - Jan 11 with 3838 viewsBackToRussia

Detectorists on 13:04 - Jan 11 by BLUEBEAT

There is no way on earth they would get a cottage of that size in such a Suffolk countryside location for £42K at auction!

Jesus was ToiletBloo the script consultant.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Detectorists on 13:18 - Jan 11 with 3813 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Detectorists on 13:04 - Jan 11 by BLUEBEAT

£55k i believe.

Youre probably right. But who cares.

Detectorists on 13:48 - Jan 11 with 3777 viewsGeoffSentence

Series three has the best car chase in televisual history, with the possible exception of the OJ Simpson one.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Detectorists on 14:18 - Jan 11 with 3743 viewsmattelliot

I am even later! Just finishing off Season 2. But i agree, steady humor, well shot & cast!

Looking forward to where it goes next season
Detectorists on 14:24 - Jan 11 with 3730 viewsHeathlander

Spot on. I too love the theme tune.

It's the slow pace that I find wonderful.
Detectorists on 14:26 - Jan 11 with 3721 viewsconnorscontract

Detectorists on 13:48 - Jan 11 by GeoffSentence

Series three has the best car chase in televisual history, with the possible exception of the OJ Simpson one.

The best car chase in TV history: I'll give you that.

But if you haven't seen the French film "The Intouchables" then you have yet to see the best car chase in movie history.

One of the Jo Nesbo adaptations (maybe Headhunters?) has a corker with a tractor, too.
Detectorists on 16:06 - Jan 11 with 3653 viewsm14_blue

Detectorists on 14:24 - Jan 11 by Heathlander

Spot on. I too love the theme tune.

It's the slow pace that I find wonderful.

I'd put it alongside Peep Show and The Office in my favourite comedies.

Phenomenal performances and writing and, as someone else said, really brave for the BBC to commission such a slow paced programme.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 16:10]
Detectorists on 17:06 - Jan 11 with 3615 viewsipswich78

I am a huge fan of this, and yes a brave program to be commissioned in this day and age. It has some relatively big stars in it as well.

This paragraph sums it up wonderfully:

"Just beautiful. Friendship, the reality of mundanity in relationships and working through that, ambition and those who choose not to have any, betrayal."

I can't think of any other program which was as innocent as this and made me feel all warm and fuzzy. It was just very sweet, and like nothing I have ever seen before.

[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 17:07]

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Detectorists on 18:42 - Jan 11 with 3570 viewsPhilTWTD

My brother-in-law is in it.
Detectorists on 19:20 - Jan 11 with 3528 viewsGeoffSentence

Detectorists on 18:42 - Jan 11 by PhilTWTD

My brother-in-law is in it.

what part does he play?

Detectorists on 19:28 - Jan 11 with 3522 viewsPhilTWTD

Detectorists on 19:20 - Jan 11 by GeoffSentence

what part does he play?

Man driving a forklift/carrying a box down some steps.
Detectorists on 19:29 - Jan 11 with 3519 viewsGeoffSentence

Detectorists on 19:28 - Jan 11 by PhilTWTD

Man driving a forklift/carrying a box down some steps.

Ah yes, he was excellent, the way he delivered that box was something to behold.

Detectorists on 19:36 - Jan 11 with 3514 viewsPhilTWTD

Detectorists on 19:29 - Jan 11 by GeoffSentence

Ah yes, he was excellent, the way he delivered that box was something to behold.

I'll let him know he has fans. Want an autograph?
Detectorists on 19:39 - Jan 11 with 3507 viewslowhouseblue

Detectorists on 17:06 - Jan 11 by ipswich78

I am a huge fan of this, and yes a brave program to be commissioned in this day and age. It has some relatively big stars in it as well.

"Just beautiful. Friendship, the reality of mundanity in relationships and working through that, ambition and those who choose not to have any, betrayal."

I can't think of any other program which was as innocent as this and made me feel all warm and fuzzy. It was just very sweet, and like nothing I have ever seen before.

the series which has some similarities in style, with a similar gentleness, was the bbs's 'how do you want me'. a brilliant slight and meandering comedy.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Detectorists on 19:44 - Jan 11 with 3501 viewsm14_blue

Detectorists on 17:06 - Jan 11 by ipswich78

Sophie also has it going on.
Detectorists on 19:54 - Jan 11 with 3482 viewsGeoffSentence

Detectorists on 19:36 - Jan 11 by PhilTWTD

I'll let him know he has fans. Want an autograph?

Yes I do but I insist that he signs it 'man driving forklift/carrying a box down steps'

Detectorists on 19:55 - Jan 11 with 3478 viewsPhilTWTD

Detectorists on 19:54 - Jan 11 by GeoffSentence

Yes I do but I insist that he signs it 'man driving forklift/carrying a box down steps'

I'll see what I can do, although I can't promise anything, pressure of fame etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024