Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good win that 17:07 - Jan 13 with 7816 viewsMullet

Thought we did well enough today all things considered. Kept making chances and even before the sending off weren't as scary at the back as I anticipated.

Lovely goal to win it, and Leeds got a bit of karma for their last two games at Elland Rd. against us. Enjoyed seeing Pontus get all arsey when things didn't go his way. Still remember him snapping Pitman and jogging off happy with himself.

Worrying that Waghorn and McGoldrick looked a bit off with some of their touches and decisions. Will take 3pts every time, especially in circumstances like that. 4pt gap from the playoffs and a victory for our German friends too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Good win that on 17:08 - Jan 13 with 5457 viewsStokieBlue

It was a lovely goal, I do think it was worrying how much they created though given they only had 10 men. We also failed to create much when they had 10 men.

Overall though a deserve victory.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Good win that on 17:09 - Jan 13 with 5446 viewsgroovyASH

Thought we were ok; some of our front players (Waghorn and McG) look like they need a proper rest and our makeshift defence has very little quality, but heck 3 points and a clean sheet with our injuries cannot complain really.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Good win that on 17:12 - Jan 13 with 5396 viewsMullet

Good win that on 17:08 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

It was a lovely goal, I do think it was worrying how much they created though given they only had 10 men. We also failed to create much when they had 10 men.

Overall though a deserve victory.

SB

We didn't create much?

That's not exactly accurate is it? We put loads in the area, they scrambled plenty. Iorfa alone must have had 4 or crosses aimed at him from Celina and Kenlock, let alone the one he took off Garner's head in comedy style.

Leeds packed in narrow and tried to exploit Roofe's pace, given we had such a weak backline. If our forwards had played a bit better and not been so wasteful in possession we'd have been comfortable.

The one where Garner was too hurried at the back post had about 3 deflections alone in the build up.

Good win that on 17:13 - Jan 13 with 5367 viewsBackToRussia

We had injuries and so did Leeds. They kept us on edge all game really but we just about outscrapped them.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Good win that on 17:15 - Jan 13 with 5341 viewsStokieBlue

Good win that on 17:12 - Jan 13 by Mullet

We didn't create much?

That's not exactly accurate is it? We put loads in the area, they scrambled plenty. Iorfa alone must have had 4 or crosses aimed at him from Celina and Kenlock, let alone the one he took off Garner's head in comedy style.

Leeds packed in narrow and tried to exploit Roofe's pace, given we had such a weak backline. If our forwards had played a bit better and not been so wasteful in possession we'd have been comfortable.

The one where Garner was too hurried at the back post had about 3 deflections alone in the build up.

I'd say it's accurate, your opinion differs, that's fine.

Is aiming a cross at someone creating something? I'm not entirely sure it is. I mean actual chances rather than putting loads in the area.

Leeds put loads in the area and created hardly anything.

SB

Good win that on 17:17 - Jan 13 with 5309 viewsJohnny_Boy

Good win that on 17:12 - Jan 13 by Mullet

We didn't create much?

Personally, I thought it was a dire game to watch. Wonderful goal. First win in 5 or 6 matches.

Gladly take the 3pts.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 21:56]
Good win that on 17:18 - Jan 13 with 5279 viewsMullet

Good win that on 17:15 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

I'd say it's accurate, your opinion differs, that's fine.

Is aiming a cross at someone creating something? I'm not entirely sure it is. I mean actual chances rather than putting loads in the area.

Leeds put loads in the area and created hardly anything.

SB

"worrying how much they created"

a post later

"Leeds put loads in the area and created hardly anything"

Which is it?

Good win that on 17:19 - Jan 13 with 5267 viewsStokieBlue

Good win that on 17:17 - Jan 13 by Johnny_Boy

Personally, I thought it was a dire game to watch. Wonderful goal. First win in 5 or 6 matches.

Gladly take the 3pts.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 21:56]

Yes, 2 shots on target isn't really creating loads though is it?

Overall though as I said, we deserved the win and it's good to get the 3 points.

Just don't think we should be going overboard on what was ultimately not a great match from either team.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Good win that on 17:19 - Jan 13 with 5256 viewsElderGrizzly

Agree. For me, it’s how we can give Celina that sort of licence to roam in more games as he is our one true match winner from nothing.

Shows how bonkers this league is when 12th is 4pts from the playoffs

Knudsen another superb display at CB too. Maybe why we are comfortable letting Smith move on
Good win that on 17:21 - Jan 13 with 5232 viewsStokieBlue

Good win that on 17:18 - Jan 13 by Mullet

"worrying how much they created"

a post later

"Leeds put loads in the area and created hardly anything"

Which is it?

They created a few chances at the end which was worrying due to having 10 men. From the majority of the balls into the area they created little.

I don't understand why we can't enjoy the victory and have different opinions? I've said twice it's a welcome 3 points. It's depressing that if someone has a different opinion it's immediately attacked by the "other side".

SB
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 17:21]

Good win that on 17:22 - Jan 13 with 5216 viewsJohnny_Boy

Good win that on 17:19 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

Yes, 2 shots on target isn't really creating loads though is it?

Overall though as I said, we deserved the win and it's good to get the 3 points.

Just don't think we should be going overboard on what was ultimately not a great match from either team.

SB

I'd have been disappointed if we hadn't collected the 3pts after the early red card.
Good win that on 17:22 - Jan 13 with 5218 viewsMullet

Good win that on 17:09 - Jan 13 by groovyASH

Thought we were ok; some of our front players (Waghorn and McG) look like they need a proper rest and our makeshift defence has very little quality, but heck 3 points and a clean sheet with our injuries cannot complain really.

I think McG's legs are going unfortunately. Few times he made beautiful touches but as he got past the defender he couldn't get there quick enough to break free and was shut out.

We're going to fade away quickly if both of those don't get the rest and time they need, and I don't see how we can give it to them right now.

Good win that on 17:24 - Jan 13 with 5187 viewschristiand

A good win yes Mullet and a precious three points, but the performance was uninspiring and turgid. Terrific goal by Celina, but make no mistake we are going nowhere fast. For a team that was down to 10 men for 50 minutes they looked more of a threat as the game went on, as we are just unable to keep the ball. Eddie Gray even alluded to the fact in commentary: 'Ipswich just pass the ball sideways without really hurting you.' The first half was just woeful from both sides really.

I would like to give Kenlock and Iorfa a special mention thought they both played well and tried to get down the flanks to support in attack. Kenlock and Celina were working especially well. Also, Dean Gerken. I'm not one of his greatest fans, but he made a couple of crucial saves at key times to maintain his clean sheet, so well done to him especially being out of the side for so long.

Yes it is a win, but I'm not getting carried away. After watching that 90 minutes it just confirmed to me how much we are in need of a change of direction.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Good win that on 17:24 - Jan 13 with 5186 viewsgroovyASH

Good win that on 17:22 - Jan 13 by Mullet

I think McG's legs are going unfortunately. Few times he made beautiful touches but as he got past the defender he couldn't get there quick enough to break free and was shut out.

We're going to fade away quickly if both of those don't get the rest and time they need, and I don't see how we can give it to them right now.

The sad truth is, we cannot. We just do not have other players capable of stepping in (sadly I have to include Sears in that).

Hopefully we can get a defender and midfielder in on loan before Bolton.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Good win that on 17:28 - Jan 13 with 5145 viewsMullet

Good win that on 17:21 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

They created a few chances at the end which was worrying due to having 10 men. From the majority of the balls into the area they created little.

I don't understand why we can't enjoy the victory and have different opinions? I've said twice it's a welcome 3 points. It's depressing that if someone has a different opinion it's immediately attacked by the "other side".

SB
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 17:21]

Yeah, but you keep doing it most weeks.

To question your opinion is attacking you? But never the other way around it seems. This talk of "sides" is typically silly.

Pretty clear any hint of praise has to be tempered and misinterpreted. So to be sure, when Celina hits the post or Garner was on his own and put a shot miles wide that's not creating something because it doesn't register a shot on target?

Good win that on 17:35 - Jan 13 with 5093 viewshorsehollerer

Good win that on 17:24 - Jan 13 by christiand

A good win yes Mullet and a precious three points, but the performance was uninspiring and turgid. Terrific goal by Celina, but make no mistake we are going nowhere fast. For a team that was down to 10 men for 50 minutes they looked more of a threat as the game went on, as we are just unable to keep the ball. Eddie Gray even alluded to the fact in commentary: 'Ipswich just pass the ball sideways without really hurting you.' The first half was just woeful from both sides really.

I would like to give Kenlock and Iorfa a special mention thought they both played well and tried to get down the flanks to support in attack. Kenlock and Celina were working especially well. Also, Dean Gerken. I'm not one of his greatest fans, but he made a couple of crucial saves at key times to maintain his clean sheet, so well done to him especially being out of the side for so long.

Yes it is a win, but I'm not getting carried away. After watching that 90 minutes it just confirmed to me how much we are in need of a change of direction.

I don't agree that we didn't play well, especially in the second half. We used the ball on the deck vs 10 men much better than I thought we'd be capable of doing, given how decimated our midfield (and defence) was. We were patience and probing, and we beat them in just about every stat. I'm not sure what you expect against a very good Leeds side.

Possession 57%-43%
Shots 14-12
On target 4-2
Woodwork 2-0
Passes 462-352
Pass completion 75%-67%
Pass completion in opponents half 65%-53%
Duels success 52%
Aerial duels won 57%
Corners 4-1
Crosses 18-14
Tackles success rate 80%

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Good win that on 17:41 - Jan 13 with 5053 viewsMullet

Good win that on 17:35 - Jan 13 by horsehollerer

I don't agree that we didn't play well, especially in the second half. We used the ball on the deck vs 10 men much better than I thought we'd be capable of doing, given how decimated our midfield (and defence) was. We were patience and probing, and we beat them in just about every stat. I'm not sure what you expect against a very good Leeds side.

Possession 57%-43%
Shots 14-12
On target 4-2
Woodwork 2-0
Passes 462-352
Pass completion 75%-67%
Duels success 52%
Aerial duels won 57%
Corners 4-1
Crosses 18-14
Tackles success rate 80%

Well yeah, there's that and the fact we scored 1 and took 3 pts. Which are the most important stats of all.

I thought Knudsen was brilliant slotting back in at CB and that allowed Kenlock an Celina to have a good link up well before the man advantage. That space he then got allowed Celina to dictate so much of the game he doesn't always manage to do.

Hopefully Skuse off when Connolly was booked was just to rest him up a bit and/or give Hyam some minutes. He definitely didn't get up that quickly when he went down.

Good win that on 17:42 - Jan 13 with 5047 viewschristiand

Good win that on 17:35 - Jan 13 by horsehollerer

Possession 57%-43%
Shots 14-12
On target 4-2
Woodwork 2-0
Passes 462-352
Pass completion 75%-67%
Duels success 52%
Aerial duels won 57%
Corners 4-1
Crosses 18-14
Tackles success rate 80%

You're entitled to your opinion horsehollerer, but as I said earlier I thought the overall performance was uninspiring - probably a typical MM performance. We make sides with 10 men look good against us as we can't keep possession of the ball, which just invites pressure. For the length of time that Leeds played with 10 men you'd expect us to close the game down, make them chase the ball and for us to wear them down. If anything Leeds were finishing the game stronger.

Pretty poor overall for me, but three points!

Good win that on 17:44 - Jan 13 with 5032 viewsmarchy

Good win that on 17:41 - Jan 13 by Mullet

Well yeah, there's that and the fact we scored 1 and took 3 pts. Which are the most important stats of all.

I thought Knudsen was brilliant slotting back in at CB and that allowed Kenlock an Celina to have a good link up well before the man advantage. That space he then got allowed Celina to dictate so much of the game he doesn't always manage to do.

Hopefully Skuse off when Connolly was booked was just to rest him up a bit and/or give Hyam some minutes. He definitely didn't get up that quickly when he went down.

Smart little touches from Skuse today in a few promising buildups. Seemed to me a bit more forward-thinking than he often is.
Good win that on 17:45 - Jan 13 with 5024 viewsTractorJack

Good win that on 17:41 - Jan 13 by Mullet

It was noticeable how much more dangerous Leeds looked after Skuse went off.
Good win that on 17:50 - Jan 13 with 4999 viewsStokieBlue

Good win that on 17:28 - Jan 13 by Mullet

Yeah, but you keep doing it most weeks.

To question your opinion is attacking you? But never the other way around it seems. This talk of "sides" is typically silly.

Pretty clear any hint of praise has to be tempered and misinterpreted. So to be sure, when Celina hits the post or Garner was on his own and put a shot miles wide that's not creating something because it doesn't register a shot on target?

I don't think that's true at all, I don't post often on specifics of matches.

I have no idea why you have taken issue with the posts when I've cleared say i was happy we won 3 points and it was deserved.

I don't think we played well though and I thought Leeds were extremely poor. I think I am allowed to have that opinion. I've not said it's anyone's fault or criticised anybody in particular.

SB
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 17:52]

Good win that on 17:55 - Jan 13 with 4969 viewsHerbivore

Good win that on 17:24 - Jan 13 by christiand

Did you actually go today then?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good win that on 18:05 - Jan 13 with 4916 viewschristiand

Good win that on 17:55 - Jan 13 by Herbivore

Did you actually go today then?

No, watched the whole match streamed online through Leeds United TV. Oh, how I miss those down votes Herbivore because they don't concur with your view.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 19:44]

Good win that on 18:06 - Jan 13 with 4907 viewshorsehollerer

Good win that on 17:42 - Jan 13 by christiand

You're entitled to your opinion horsehollerer, but as I said earlier I thought the overall performance was uninspiring - probably a typical MM performance. We make sides with 10 men look good against us as we can't keep possession of the ball, which just invites pressure. For the length of time that Leeds played with 10 men you'd expect us to close the game down, make them chase the ball and for us to wear them down. If anything Leeds were finishing the game stronger.

Pretty poor overall for me, but three points!

I hear you, and I'm not going to pretend it was scintillating stuff. I know it wasn't. But I thought we did actually keep possession of the ball better than usual. I mean, if Eddie Gray was complaining that we were passing it sideways a lot, then surely that is us trying to keep possession of the ball against 10 men. Our near-60% possession points to that. We also created a number of dangerous situations and hit the post twice. We also had a couple of half-decent penalty shouts in the first half. They had a handful of dangerous breaks, but they didn't really do a great deal to hurt us.

Anyway, I'm delighted with effort and the result! COYB.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Good win that on 18:07 - Jan 13 with 4901 viewsHerbivore

Good win that on 18:05 - Jan 13 by christiand

No, watched the whole match streamed online through Leeds United TV. Oh, how I miss those down votes Herbivore because they don't concur with your view.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 19:44]

You're making progress, mate, usually you attempt detailed analysis without watching us kick a ball. Who knows, you may even go to a game one day. I'm pretty sure those that actually went enjoyed it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024