Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Thomas Christiansen... 12:22 - Jan 14 with 8661 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 12:30 - Jan 14 with 7702 viewsJ2BLUE

He went down easier than Paris Hilton.

Still a red though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 12:36 - Jan 14 with 7651 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

He made the most of it but it was enough to cut him......I saw the blood.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 12:37 - Jan 14 with 7643 viewsclive_baker

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 12:30 - Jan 14 by J2BLUE

Still a red though.

He was nutted in the face and it drew blood. Have every right to go down.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 12:41 - Jan 14 with 7613 viewsMullet

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 12:37 - Jan 14 by clive_baker

He was nutted in the face and it drew blood. Have every right to go down.

The shove on CC was enough in fairness if the Spence red is a good barometer. Good have been nasty that if he was closer to the hoardings.

I really like O'Kane as a player but WTF was he up to yesterday? Sol Bamba level stupidity.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 12:44 - Jan 14 with 7585 viewsSitfcB

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 12:30 - Jan 14 by J2BLUE

Still a red though.

Not having all this he went down easy, he got butted in the face and bled. If it was an innocent clash of heads in the middle of the park everyone would be saying 'ooo that looked nasty'.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 12:45 - Jan 14 with 7573 viewsSuperfrans

Forget Jonas’s reaction. We don’t know how much impact the Leeds player made on Jonas. That’s one of the stupidest, but clearest, red cards you’ll see.

Leeds are appealing apparently. They should think again after seeing this. They could end up with an extended suspension for a frivolous appeal.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 12:50 - Jan 14 with 7532 viewsBackToRussia

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 12:45 - Jan 14 by Superfrans

Forget Jonas’s reaction. We don’t know how much impact the Leeds player made on Jonas. That’s one of the stupidest, but clearest, red cards you’ll see.

Leeds are appealing apparently. They should think again after seeing this. They could end up with an extended suspension for a frivolous appeal.

Leeds as a club seem to still rely on an interpretation of the games' laws from 1970 where it's OK to headbutt someone and Knudsen should have just headbutted him back and got on with the game, like how it used to be when men were men.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 12:52 - Jan 14 with 7518 viewsm14_blue

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 12:44 - Jan 14 by SitfcB

Not having all this he went down easy, he got butted in the face and bled. If it was an innocent clash of heads in the middle of the park everyone would be saying 'ooo that looked nasty'.

I love Jonas but I think he went down a bit too easily and I'd rather our players didn't, although 99% of footballers would have don't the same these days.

Absolutely nailed on red though, regardless of his reaction. Leeds should save their ire for the idiot who helped turn the game in our favour.
Login to get fewer ads

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 12:55 - Jan 14 with 7505 viewsWD19

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 12:45 - Jan 14 by Superfrans

Its a difficult position for them to be fair.

Either a Yorkshireman somewhere needs to admit they are wrong or they will have to appeal. Rock and a hard place.
FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 12:58 - Jan 14 with 7484 viewsPJH

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 12:50 - Jan 14 by BackToRussia

Leeds as a club seem to still rely on an interpretation of the games' laws from 1970 where it's OK to headbutt someone and Knudsen should have just headbutted him back and got on with the game, like how it used to be when men were men.

I like nostalgia posts!

I think 1970's football (to watch) was so much better in so many ways than what is on offer now.

Not sure that headbutting was much of a 1970's thing, I think it was more swinging fists.
FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 13:09 - Jan 14 with 7421 viewsBrixtonBlue

A split second after he does it it's like he's seen the ref and thinks "oh sh!t".

Leeds are taking the piss appealing that.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 13:13 - Jan 14 with 7392 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The best bit is when Knudsen realises he should fling his arms back for full 'I've been shot' effect. Good lad.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 13:16 - Jan 14 with 7376 viewsDanTheMan

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 13:09 - Jan 14 by BrixtonBlue

A split second after he does it it's like he's seen the ref and thinks "oh sh!t".

Leeds are taking the piss appealing that.

I hope they get penalised for it, decisions don't really come much clearer than that.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 13:19 - Jan 14 with 7345 viewsfactual_blue

If Knudsen had been hit in the head with a fifty calibre round, he wouldn't have a head.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 13:28 - Jan 14 with 7280 viewsFixed_It

He walked as soon as the card was shown. He knew it was coming.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 13:40 - Jan 14 with 7222 viewsfactual_blue

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 13:28 - Jan 14 by Fixed_It

He walked as soon as the card was shown. He knew it was coming.

On the way off he looks as though he was about to have a pop at Didz, who spoke to him, but then thought better of it. Two cards against his name in less than two minutes would have been a spectacular achievement, even by leeds' standards.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 13:48 - Jan 14 with 7162 viewsSuperfrans

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 12:52 - Jan 14 by m14_blue

I love Jonas but I think he went down a bit too easily and I'd rather our players didn't, although 99% of footballers would have don't the same these days.

Absolutely nailed on red though, regardless of his reaction. Leeds should save their ire for the idiot who helped turn the game in our favour.

If Jonas was bleeding, he either took the blow to his nose or his mouth, either way (given how out of the blue it came) I would totally expect him to go down. Harsh to criticise him for that, imho.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 14:05 - Jan 14 with 7116 viewsGarv

Went down like a sack but clear red.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 14:40 - Jan 14 with 7000 viewsHerbivore

Jonas got headbutted in the face which I doubt he'd braced himself for, no surprise he went down. The initial shove was cynical too, nasty sh!ts are Leeds.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 16:58 - Jan 14 with 6766 viewspatrickswell

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 13:40 - Jan 14 by factual_blue

On the way off he looks as though he was about to have a pop at Didz, who spoke to him, but then thought better of it. Two cards against his name in less than two minutes would have been a spectacular achievement, even by leeds' standards.

I thought it looked he was telling Didz to tell either Knudsen or Connolly that he was sorry. He knew he messed up, regardless of what Christiansen said afterwards, it didn’t look like any of his team-mates had any support to offer him either.
FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 17:00 - Jan 14 with 6746 viewsHerbivore

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 16:58 - Jan 14 by patrickswell

I thought it looked he was telling Didz to tell either Knudsen or Connolly that he was sorry. He knew he messed up, regardless of what Christiansen said afterwards, it didn’t look like any of his team-mates had any support to offer him either.

No complaints from anyone on the pitch. That wasn't two players going head to head and having a shove, it was a proper butt. He knew what he'd done and trudged off, I hope Christiansen apologises when he sees the incident again, his comments look pretty foolish bases on the evidence.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 17:03 - Jan 14 with 6729 viewspointofblue

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 16:58 - Jan 14 by patrickswell

Presumably O'Kane and McGoldrick know each other from the Irish squad?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 17:06 - Jan 14 with 6710 viewsLuk38644

The angle I could see it from (Looking at both players side on) made it look alot more cynical and I don't think that angle does justice to how much force was actually in the headbutt.
FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 20:26 - Jan 14 with 6475 viewsBrixtonBlue

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 17:06 - Jan 14 by Luk38644

The angle I could see it from (Looking at both players side on) made it look alot more cynical and I don't think that angle does justice to how much force was actually in the headbutt.

You will have had a similar view to me and I was astonished at how blatant, and silly, it was. Over nothing really as well. And right in front of the ref. As soon as it happened, before the ref even reacted, I knew it was a straight red. Even the Leeds fans singing 1-0 to the referee will know the truth in the cold light of day. And the ones up our end will have seen it with their own eyes.

If I were the Leeds manager I'd be talking about fining the player and warning him about what's right and wrong, rather than a silly appeal that will fail and just makes him look like an idiot.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 22:21 - Jan 14 with 6256 viewsWickets

FAO Thomas Christiansen... on 12:36 - Jan 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

He made the most of it but it was enough to cut him......I saw the blood.

Yes there was blood , i could see that from the back of North stand lower.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024