Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur 13:35 - Jan 14 with 3069 viewsElderGrizzly

He’ll fit in 🙄

Town Linked With Boro Midfielder Guedioura 14th Jan 2018 10:40
Middlesbrough midfielder Adlene Guedioura is reportedly set to depart the Riverside Stadium and be reunited with his former Wolves boss Mick McCarthy at Town. 65

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 14:19 - Jan 14 with 2986 viewsJ2BLUE

The fans will see his name and assume he will play like Messi.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 14:25 - Jan 14 with 2973 viewsHerbivore

If he's fit now I don't see the problem. Any midfield signing we make won't have been playing for whatever reason, we're after someone for 4 months and nobody is going to release a player for 4 months if they've been getting game time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 14:26 - Jan 14 with 2977 viewsSomethingBlue

If fit I really like him — has always had a presence about him. But, yes, has to be ready to go straightaway.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 14:58 - Jan 14 with 2890 viewsstrikalite

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 14:26 - Jan 14 by SomethingBlue

If fit I really like him — has always had a presence about him. But, yes, has to be ready to go straightaway.

You just know he'll be injured within two weeks though...
I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 15:01 - Jan 14 with 2893 viewsPhilTWTD

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 14:26 - Jan 14 by SomethingBlue

Played 90 mins for their U23s this afternoon, so fit to some degree. I agree, ideal signing if he can stay fit.

This post has been edited by an administrator
I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 15:26 - Jan 14 with 2827 viewsMullet

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 15:01 - Jan 14 by PhilTWTD

Played 90 mins for their U23s this afternoon, so fit to some degree. I agree, ideal signing if he can stay fit.

The fact he's called the "Rocket factory" is wonderful too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 15:41 - Jan 14 with 2793 viewstextbackup

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 14:25 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

If he's fit now I don't see the problem. Any midfield signing we make won't have been playing for whatever reason, we're after someone for 4 months and nobody is going to release a player for 4 months if they've been getting game time.

So much of this post sums up ITFC

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 15:42 - Jan 14 with 2788 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 15:01 - Jan 14 by PhilTWTD

I have noticed your posts are frequently edited by an administrator - you must be very bad!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 15:43 - Jan 14 with 2789 viewsPhilTWTD

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 15:42 - Jan 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

I have noticed your posts are frequently edited by an administrator - you must be very bad!

I included industrial levels of swearing in the post initially.
I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 15:52 - Jan 14 with 2743 viewsjas0999

I simply can’t understand why we would want to take another gamble on a player with a poor recent injury record, we have enough surely?
I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 15:59 - Jan 14 with 2723 viewsmarchy

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 15:26 - Jan 14 by Mullet

The fact he's called the "Rocket factory" is wonderful too.

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 15:59 - Jan 14 with 2718 viewsmarchy

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 15:52 - Jan 14 by jas0999

I simply can’t understand why we would want to take another gamble on a player with a poor recent injury record, we have enough surely?

We’re doing it to give that £16k sports science recruit a load of on-the-job training. Def info.
I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 16:06 - Jan 14 with 2692 viewsHerbivore

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 15:41 - Jan 14 by textbackup

So much of this post sums up ITFC

How so? We have about 10 CMs at the club already so we're not going to sign someone permanently (unless it's a short term deal) in order to cover what has been a pretty unprecedented injury crisis this season. If we're shopping in the loan and short term deal market it stands to reason that we're likely to be signing someone not currently in the first team picture at their club. It doesn't say anything about us other than that we need an extra body in midfield for the remainder of the season.

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 16:33 - Jan 14 with 2651 viewsElderGrizzly

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 14:25 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

If, but after 12 months out with an injury and at 32, is that injury likely to reoccur? It did with Huws and Adeyemi and they are much younger.

Just think it’s a risk we can’t take
I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 16:40 - Jan 14 with 2630 viewsPhilTWTD

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 15:52 - Jan 14 by jas0999

Presumably a medical will assess whether the injury is still a concern. The recent injury was a hamstring tear, not as if it was anything very serious.
I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 16:49 - Jan 14 with 2593 viewsHerbivore

I’ve got an idea, sign a midfielder who has spent most of last 12 months injur on 16:33 - Jan 14 by ElderGrizzly

If, but after 12 months out with an injury and at 32, is that injury likely to reoccur? It did with Huws and Adeyemi and they are much younger.

Just think it’s a risk we can’t take

Has he been unfit for that whole 12 months or just out of favour? Huws and Adeyemi haven't had recurrences of injuries either, they've picked up different injuries one after the other which is what has been so frustrating. I also doubt we'd be bringing him in expecting him to play every week, Skuse and Connolly are pretty settled in the deep lying midfield roles so anyone coming in is likely to be involved to give them a rest or if we decide we want to mix things up and play three in the middle. He's got quality, if he's fit enough I can't see that we're likely to do much better.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024