Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager 10:39 - Jan 15 with 2882 viewsNo9

How will this go?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-giggs-unveiled-wa
Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager on 10:50 - Jan 15 with 2859 viewsGeoffSentence

Who the feck knows, he has no managerial track record to go on. Odd choice.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager on 11:02 - Jan 15 with 2841 viewsNo9

Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager on 10:50 - Jan 15 by GeoffSentence

Who the feck knows, he has no managerial track record to go on. Odd choice.

But he's Welsh , boy'o
Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager on 11:10 - Jan 15 with 2832 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

He's been throwing his hat in the ring for pretty much any job going in the top 2 divisions so he'll finally have something to be doing rather trying to reword his CV
Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager on 11:44 - Jan 15 with 2813 viewsBigalhunter

They'll need to get a different manager in for the friendlies.
Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager on 14:12 - Jan 15 with 2757 viewsDarth_Koont

No idea. Although I get a funny vibe from Giggs whenever I've seen him talk — he seems oddly self-absorbed.

That probably works well as a player but not sure how that's going to work as a manager.

Of course, maybe that's a completely wrong impression of who he really is.

Pronouns: He/Him

Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager on 14:23 - Jan 15 with 2733 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager on 11:02 - Jan 15 by No9

But he's Welsh , boy'o

He didn't seem to be very patriotic all those times he failed to play for his country.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager on 14:36 - Jan 15 with 2719 viewsNo9

Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager on 14:23 - Jan 15 by Swansea_Blue

He didn't seem to be very patriotic all those times he failed to play for his country.

I was surprised how few international games he played given his superstar status.
How much was him not wanting to play & how much his employers not lettting him?
Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager on 14:40 - Jan 15 with 2713 viewsfooters

Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager on 14:12 - Jan 15 by Darth_Koont

No idea. Although I get a funny vibe from Giggs whenever I've seen him talk — he seems oddly self-absorbed.

That probably works well as a player but not sure how that's going to work as a manager.

Of course, maybe that's a completely wrong impression of who he really is.

Being that self-absorbed certainly doesn't work as a brother...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager on 15:19 - Jan 15 with 2668 viewspoppiesman

Depends how often Gareth Bale is fit to play.
Managing Wales must be the easiest managerial job in International football, all you have to practice in training is passing the ball to Bale. Same instructions for team talks.
Apart from that, its a joke that someone with no managerial experience gets an international job straightaway.
Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager on 16:33 - Jan 15 with 2617 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager on 14:36 - Jan 15 by No9

I was surprised how few international games he played given his superstar status.
How much was him not wanting to play & how much his employers not lettting him?

There is that, for sure. Fergie was always one to invent an injury or two.

I suppose he did play 60 odd games, but considering he would always get a call up and played until he was about 33/34, it sounds low to me. I think Beckham played for about the same number of years for nearly double the caps, just as a comparison.

Still I suppose that's not important. The bigger problem is he just doesn't come across as a leader. I can't imagine him inspiring anyone.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager on 16:57 - Jan 15 with 2596 viewspoppiesman

As a player he must have missed as many games as he played due to 'injury' although he was always fit for the next Man Utd three days later, he was only about 50% committed to Wales as a player, so I honestly don't see why the Welsh fans hero worship him. Not a nice person either, as his brother will testify.
Hope he fails.
Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager on 17:38 - Jan 15 with 2577 viewsNo9

Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager on 16:33 - Jan 15 by Swansea_Blue

There is that, for sure. Fergie was always one to invent an injury or two.

I suppose he did play 60 odd games, but considering he would always get a call up and played until he was about 33/34, it sounds low to me. I think Beckham played for about the same number of years for nearly double the caps, just as a comparison.

Still I suppose that's not important. The bigger problem is he just doesn't come across as a leader. I can't imagine him inspiring anyone.

Agreed
Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager on 22:16 - Jan 15 with 2521 viewsRIPbobby

Ryan Giggs the next Wales national team manager on 11:02 - Jan 15 by No9

But he's Welsh , boy'o

Of course you know his real name is Ryan Wilson and is English. I remember seeing him in the showpiece U15's Walkers crisps showpiece at old Wembley many, many years ago.

Personally I think he is crazy to take this job on after they have overachieved for so long. It will only taint his reputation, if you think that hasn't happened already.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024