Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... 12:06 - Jan 15 with 2439 viewsKieran_Knows

... 11.58.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:10 - Jan 15 with 2411 viewsCurrie10

If he is going to end up going, I'd probably rather he leave A S A P to put us in the best possible position to -

* Replace if we wish
* Not be distracted by talk of sale and move forward

The only thing we're likely to get should he move very late on is a little bit more ££££.

Put it this way, if you were Bart and a Prem club was sniffing, when you'd more than double your wages on probably a 3/4 year long term deal would you be in a position to turn it down? I really don't blame him whatsoever if he leaves and he'd have a very good chance of being #1 at Palace.
Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:13 - Jan 15 with 2392 viewschicoazul

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:10 - Jan 15 by Currie10

If he is going to end up going, I'd probably rather he leave A S A P to put us in the best possible position to -

* Replace if we wish

The only thing we're likely to get should he move very late on is a little bit more ££££.

Put it this way, if you were Bart and a Prem club was sniffing, when you'd more than double your wages on probably a 3/4 year long term deal would you be in a position to turn it down? I really don't blame him whatsoever if he leaves and he'd have a very good chance of being #1 at Palace.

Replace, hahaha. You think we would buy a replacement. Gerken is the replacement. We would probably get a Nicky Colgan-style loan in to understudy him.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:15 - Jan 15 with 2374 viewsDubtractor

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:13 - Jan 15 by chicoazul

Replace, hahaha. You think we would buy a replacement. Gerken is the replacement. We would probably get a Nicky Colgan-style loan in to understudy him.

Shaka Hislop?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:15 - Jan 15 with 2372 viewsSuperfrans

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:10 - Jan 15 by Currie10

* Replace if we wish

Gerken did really well on Saturday. Deserves a chance to claim the first team spot.

Personally, I don't think he did much wrong before being dropped in favour of Bart. Of course, Bart has turned out to be the better keeper (certainly the better shot-stopper), but Gerken is a perfectly decent Championship keeper.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:16 - Jan 15 with 2365 viewschicoazul

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:15 - Jan 15 by Dubtractor

Shaka Hislop?

Newmarket said he is on the A14 as we speak!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:19 - Jan 15 with 2346 viewsPJH

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:15 - Jan 15 by Superfrans

Gerken did really well on Saturday. Deserves a chance to claim the first team spot.

Personally, I don't think he did much wrong before being dropped in favour of Bart. Of course, Bart has turned out to be the better keeper (certainly the better shot-stopper), but Gerken is a perfectly decent Championship keeper.

Interesting that Gerken is playing for U23's today.
I would have thought that if they were expecting him to be playing at Bolton they would not be risking him getting injured today.
I would only have thought that he would be playing today if they expected Bart to both still be with us and to be fit for Saturday.
Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:19 - Jan 15 with 2347 viewsKieran_Knows

I think Gerken is certainly a good enough No.2 Championship goalkeeper. Like Saturday, if needed, he is capable enough for 7-10 games a season, but i'm not sure if he's a good enough No.1 keeper who could play (and be depended on) 40+ games a season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:26 - Jan 15 with 2301 viewsPJH

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:19 - Jan 15 by PJH

Interesting that Gerken is playing for U23's today.
I would have thought that if they were expecting him to be playing at Bolton they would not be risking him getting injured today.
I would only have thought that he would be playing today if they expected Bart to both still be with us and to be fit for Saturday.

Now see that Crowe is in goal-I am sure that Gerken was originally listed as playing.
Login to get fewer ads

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:29 - Jan 15 with 2274 viewsitfcjoe

He'll fail his medical.....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:32 - Jan 15 with 2249 viewsSomethingBlue

Yep, Gerken is fine — no better, no worse. It just has to be feast or famine with some people.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:48 - Jan 15 with 2147 viewsSimonds92

I think 'really well' is a bit strong. Definitely not a no1 keeper. He's too panicky flaps at crosses and parries it out quite often which causes problems. You can tell our defence doesnt trust him.Not a great kicker of the ball (without any potential hip injuries) but apart from that he's a decent enough shot stopper.
Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:49 - Jan 15 with 2136 viewsDubtractor

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:32 - Jan 15 by SomethingBlue

Yep, Gerken is fine — no better, no worse. It just has to be feast or famine with some people.

I think a lot of the flack he got when he was first choice was more because Bart wasn't playing, rather than gerken being bad.

I think a lot have had their view of him tainted because he was picked ahead of someone who most view as a better keeper.

Bottom line is that he is neither good or rubbish.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 13:21 - Jan 15 with 2048 viewsgosblue

I think palace are desperate for a keeper. Hennessy is decent but Speroni is 38 and their 3rd choice is a 20 year old from Ipswich, Dion Henry, who made one sub appearance for Peterborough. That being the case, we should add £2m to Bart's price tag.
Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 13:24 - Jan 15 with 2026 viewsSuperfrans

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:19 - Jan 15 by Kieran_Knows

I think Gerken is certainly a good enough No.2 Championship goalkeeper. Like Saturday, if needed, he is capable enough for 7-10 games a season, but i'm not sure if he's a good enough No.1 keeper who could play (and be depended on) 40+ games a season.

I can't think of too many times when he has let us down, tbh. When Bart first came in ahead of him, the defence seemed a little wobbly to me, as if they weren't familiar with how he played, commanded his box etc. The same will be true of all keepers.

For me, Gerken would be a fine number 1 keeper.

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 13:26 - Jan 15 with 2009 viewsSuperfrans

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 12:48 - Jan 15 by Simonds92

I think 'really well' is a bit strong. Definitely not a no1 keeper. He's too panicky flaps at crosses and parries it out quite often which causes problems. You can tell our defence doesnt trust him.Not a great kicker of the ball (without any potential hip injuries) but apart from that he's a decent enough shot stopper.

What did he do wrong on Saturday? I can't think of anything.

He kicked well, commanded his box well, coralled his defence well (which was not the regular back 4), saved the only shots he had to face, didn't drop a cross, distributed well.

He did really well.

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 13:29 - Jan 15 with 1998 viewsSteve_M

Sky Sports again link Palace with Bart... on 13:26 - Jan 15 by Superfrans

What did he do wrong on Saturday? I can't think of anything.

He kicked well, commanded his box well, coralled his defence well (which was not the regular back 4), saved the only shots he had to face, didn't drop a cross, distributed well.

He did really well.

At one point in the first half, he nearly went out to the left wing to close down the winger and then when the cross came in made a bad punch at it. That aside he was comfortable throughout.

His kicking was a bit below par too but that may be injury-related.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024