Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal / Arsene Wenger 14:06 - Jan 15 with 3622 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not defending his actions on contract renewals etc, but seems strange how he gets so much flack, yet Klopp gets off scott free on Emre Can leaving for free.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:09 - Jan 15 with 3600 viewsWeirdFishes

If it was happening regularly for Klopp I imagine he'd start to get some. This is by far the first time Wenger has let contracts run down.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:09 - Jan 15 with 3595 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Agree - But in the current market Sanchez is a £100m player (when playing at his peak)

Can on the other hand is an under valued and under appreciated midfield player who isn't the heart and soul of his team.

Sanchez has (for most of his Arsenal career) carried his side
Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:10 - Jan 15 with 3596 viewschicoazul

Can is nothing like as good as Ozil or Sanchez and they have already replaced him with Keita.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:11 - Jan 15 with 3576 viewsVaughan8

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:10 - Jan 15 by chicoazul

Can is nothing like as good as Ozil or Sanchez and they have already replaced him with Keita.

I was just going to say this. Can is not Liverpool's best/better players.

If it was Mane and Frimino at Liverpool then OK.

EDIT - Can is probably on a decent wage for the player he is. I would imagine he wants more than what Liverpool want to offer him. Liverpool have his position covered really. Arsenal's situation is different.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 14:13]
Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:34 - Jan 15 with 3524 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Speak to any Liverpool fan, Can has had an outstanding season.

Doesnt matter whether the have Keita or not. Contract renewal would have protected his £30m+ transfer value.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:44 - Jan 15 with 3490 viewschicoazul

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:34 - Jan 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Speak to any Liverpool fan, Can has had an outstanding season.

Doesnt matter whether the have Keita or not. Contract renewal would have protected his £30m+ transfer value.

30m is not exactly irrelevant but is now a small drop in the ocean considering the fee they got for Coutinho. 30m is also the amount they get fro New Balance every season.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:46 - Jan 15 with 3478 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:44 - Jan 15 by chicoazul

30m is not exactly irrelevant but is now a small drop in the ocean considering the fee they got for Coutinho. 30m is also the amount they get fro New Balance every season.

£30m is £30m!!

It is c.10% of Liverpools annual turnover.

Whether they got £30m from NB is not relevant. An additional £30m is important to any business.

The view that £30m is not important is a hug part of what is wrong with football AND football fans.

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:50 - Jan 15 with 3474 viewschicoazul

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:46 - Jan 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

£30m is £30m!!

It is c.10% of Liverpools annual turnover.

Whether they got £30m from NB is not relevant. An additional £30m is important to any business.

The view that £30m is not important is a hug part of what is wrong with football AND football fans.

That's just your opinion. 30m is nothing to a modern football club of Liverpool's size, they spent that on Carroll 5 years ago. Klopp doesn't get the pelters Arsene does because 30m is not much in the grand scheme, Keita is already coming, and Sanchex and Ozil are much much better than Can. To say nothing of the fact Klopp is much more popular with Liverpool fans than Arsene is with a lot of Arsenal ones. That answers your question.

Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:52 - Jan 15 with 3465 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:50 - Jan 15 by chicoazul

That's just your opinion. 30m is nothing to a modern football club of Liverpool's size, they spent that on Carroll 5 years ago. Klopp doesn't get the pelters Arsene does because 30m is not much in the grand scheme, Keita is already coming, and Sanchex and Ozil are much much better than Can. To say nothing of the fact Klopp is much more popular with Liverpool fans than Arsene is with a lot of Arsenal ones. That answers your question.

Unsatisfactory answer, but if thats the best you can do. Fair enough.

Not sure what Andy Carroll has to do with anything.

We will have to disagree on the idea that "£30m is nothing".

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:54 - Jan 15 with 3453 viewschicoazul

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:52 - Jan 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Unsatisfactory answer, but if thats the best you can do. Fair enough.

Not sure what Andy Carroll has to do with anything.

We will have to disagree on the idea that "£30m is nothing".

It's a simple accurate and eloquent example of how 30m is nothing to big clubs now never mind 5 or 6 years ago.

Dont get me wrong I have many better things to do than argue about Liverpool's transfer policy with you but I have answered your question.

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:55 - Jan 15 with 3448 viewshype313

Not ideal for Liverpool, but they have a replacement lined up who is viewed as a better prospect than Can, and Can hasn't been carrying the team for the past 5 years like Sanchez has.

Also Klopp has plenty of credit in the bank with the Liverpool fans, Wenger has f all with the Gooners.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:56 - Jan 15 with 3446 viewsTIB

Liverpool I don't think are far off having a title challenging side...a Kante style player to sit in front of the defence, new goalkeeper and maybe better striker options and I think they'd be in business. Surprised they've not snuck in for Sanchez.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:57 - Jan 15 with 3438 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:54 - Jan 15 by chicoazul

It's a simple accurate and eloquent example of how 30m is nothing to big clubs now never mind 5 or 6 years ago.

Dont get me wrong I have many better things to do than argue about Liverpool's transfer policy with you but I have answered your question.

Agree to disagree.

Will also agree to disagree on the use of the word eloquent.

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 15:04 - Jan 15 with 3414 viewsIllinoisblue

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:56 - Jan 15 by TIB

Liverpool I don't think are far off having a title challenging side...a Kante style player to sit in front of the defence, new goalkeeper and maybe better striker options and I think they'd be in business. Surprised they've not snuck in for Sanchez.

they'll definitely need a new keeper. their current policy of rotating two flappers will get them nowhere

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 15:09 - Jan 15 with 3403 viewschristiand

One player fair enough, but two possibly three with Jack Wilshere also out of contract in the summer. Both Sanchez and Ozil are star players for Arsenal too and could go for nothing or reduced fees. Not sure if it down to mismanagement or Wenger’s naivety and trust. Arsenal just look a shambles at the moment leadership and playing wise.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 15:13 - Jan 15 with 3387 viewshype313

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 15:09 - Jan 15 by christiand

One player fair enough, but two possibly three with Jack Wilshere also out of contract in the summer. Both Sanchez and Ozil are star players for Arsenal too and could go for nothing or reduced fees. Not sure if it down to mismanagement or Wenger’s naivety and trust. Arsenal just look a shambles at the moment leadership and playing wise.

This came up on one of my feeds, it's hilarious, if you can understand what he's saying, sounds a bit pigeon English.

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 15:14 - Jan 15 with 3382 viewsJ2BLUE

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:50 - Jan 15 by chicoazul

'30m is nothing to a modern football club of Liverpool's size'

'Sanchex and Ozil are much much better than Can'

Ozil is obviously available on a free in the summer. Imagine if Liverpool had an extra £30m in the bank to give him over a three year deal. It would be another piece of the puzzle. Or an extra £30m to lure Sanchez to Anfield. It's not a lot in terms of top level transfer fees but £30m is still a lot of money if you have access to world class free agents.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 15:15 - Jan 15 with 3377 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 15:14 - Jan 15 by J2BLUE

Ozil is obviously available on a free in the summer. Imagine if Liverpool had an extra £30m in the bank to give him over a three year deal. It would be another piece of the puzzle. Or an extra £30m to lure Sanchez to Anfield. It's not a lot in terms of top level transfer fees but £30m is still a lot of money if you have access to world class free agents.

Indeed.

Sound commercial thinking.

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 15:25 - Jan 15 with 3359 viewsTIB

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 15:13 - Jan 15 by hype313

This came up on one of my feeds, it's hilarious, if you can understand what he's saying, sounds a bit pigeon English.

BOMBA CL4T!!!

Still no idea what that means and I've been watching Arsenal Fan TV for around a year whenever they lose...proper comedy meltdowns.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 15:25 - Jan 15 with 3359 viewsbadadski

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 15:15 - Jan 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Indeed.

Sound commercial thinking.

30M is nothing if it means losing out on a Champions league place which i think Arsenal will lose out after losing Sanchez and not replacing him.

Would be better off financially for them to hold him even until he can go for free but having him for the final half of the season to help them reach minimum 5th spot which his goals should do. He will be miffed but a professional will still be playing hard to secure their move at the end of the season and not wanting to put off any new club suitors.
Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 15:28 - Jan 15 with 3349 viewsJ2BLUE

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 15:25 - Jan 15 by badadski

30M is nothing if it means losing out on a Champions league place which i think Arsenal will lose out after losing Sanchez and not replacing him.

Would be better off financially for them to hold him even until he can go for free but having him for the final half of the season to help them reach minimum 5th spot which his goals should do. He will be miffed but a professional will still be playing hard to secure their move at the end of the season and not wanting to put off any new club suitors.

Won't they need fourth unless an English team wins the CL or Arsenal win the EL (are they still in it?)

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 15:32 - Jan 15 with 3337 viewsbadadski

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 15:28 - Jan 15 by J2BLUE

Won't they need fourth unless an English team wins the CL or Arsenal win the EL (are they still in it?)

Yeah you are right about 4th place, think Man City will win Champions League this year meaning the 5th rule like you say should come in.
Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 15:41 - Jan 15 with 3315 viewshype313

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 15:25 - Jan 15 by TIB

BOMBA CL4T!!!

Still no idea what that means and I've been watching Arsenal Fan TV for around a year whenever they lose...proper comedy meltdowns.

It's a ladies used sanitary towel.

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 15:45 - Jan 15 with 3302 viewsEly_Blue

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 15:14 - Jan 15 by J2BLUE

I hardly think given what Liverpool just got for Couthino that they need an extra £30m to lure Sanchez or Oz to Anfield

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 15:47 - Jan 15 with 3295 viewschicoazul

Arsenal / Arsene Wenger on 14:56 - Jan 15 by TIB

They are good but they suffer from having too small/inadequate a squad. If Jesus is injured City bring in Aguero, Sane they bring in Bernado etc. If Salah or Mane is injured Liverpool bring in Solanki or Sturridge.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024