Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
suprised its only palace showing interest in bart 12:35 - Jan 16 with 5032 viewssimoitfc

Liverpool could do with a decent keeper. bart would be a upgrade on what they have at the moment
suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 12:36 - Jan 16 with 5018 viewsKieran_Knows

Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 12:38 - Jan 16 with 5008 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Get a grip.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 12:44 - Jan 16 with 4982 viewsBrixtonBlue

suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 12:38 - Jan 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Get a grip.

That's what the Liverpool keeper needs to do.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 12:47 - Jan 16 with 4965 viewsJimmyJazz

Bart would probably only end up as a Premier League backup keeper.

He isn't an upgrade on Liverpool's 2 keepers

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 12:52 - Jan 16 with 4945 viewsRobTheMonk

Who would be happier with Karius instead of Bart? I've at least seen Mignolet have some games where he's saved points. Karius looks completely out of his depth. I'd love to see Bart in the Prem (ideally for us but hey ho).
suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 12:56 - Jan 16 with 4918 views26_Paz

suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 12:52 - Jan 16 by RobTheMonk

Who would be happier with Karius instead of Bart? I've at least seen Mignolet have some games where he's saved points. Karius looks completely out of his depth. I'd love to see Bart in the Prem (ideally for us but hey ho).

I would rather have Stevie Wonder in goal than either of those Liverpool clowns

The Paz Man

suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 13:04 - Jan 16 with 4893 viewsPrideOfTheEast

You are having a laugh?
suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 13:09 - Jan 16 with 4869 viewsTractorCam

I'd go as far to say that Liverpool are up there with the worst in terms of keepers in the prem. I remember seeing Mignolet at Sunderland and thinking he was out of his depth, most games I've seen of Liverpool's he's been prone to errors or caught in no mans land. Karius is very questionable, not really sure what he's doing half the time. Bogdan is their 3rd choice which says it all, how is even a professional?

4th choice Danny Ward is decent though, would like to see us go for him if we lose Bart

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 13:14 - Jan 16 with 4848 viewsmonty_radio

Arsenal need leaders and defenders and a holding midfielder - Chambo and Skuse?

Chelsea need a finisher - Garner? And Everton too - Waghorn?

Hey, we're better than I thought!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 13:31 - Jan 16 with 4792 viewsSwansea_Blue

While we're at it Man C need a better manager than Pep. Can we send them Mick for £15m?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Yeah, good point.... on 13:32 - Jan 16 with 4779 viewsBloots

....Man Utd should have a look too.

De Gea isn't all that.

Not compared to Bart anyway.

He's the best goalie in the world.

Ever.

Probably.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 14:00 - Jan 16 with 4726 viewsVaughan8

suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 13:14 - Jan 16 by monty_radio

Arsenal need leaders and defenders and a holding midfielder - Chambo and Skuse?

Chelsea need a finisher - Garner? And Everton too - Waghorn?

Hey, we're better than I thought!

Garner a finisher? I would love to see Chambers and Skuse in Arsenal's team. They really would have something to moan about then!

Back to the OP, Liverpool's keepers do not look very good, but the Premier League is a level up from what Bart is facing now!
suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 14:07 - Jan 16 with 4714 viewschicoazul

On a tangenital note it is really weird how so many good PL Managers have a blind spot when it comes to signing Keepers. Fergie and Wenger signed some absolute howlers and David James had a long career. Guardiola signed a bad one although looks to have made up for it now and Klopp as you say has two awful keepers. Maybe having a good keeper just isnt very important at that level?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 14:32 - Jan 16 with 4658 viewsHeathlander

Top quality goalkeepers these days need to be more than a keeper. Look at Edison at Man City. He can ping the ball as well as most world class midfielders.

Pickford is another one, his distribution is incredible.

Bart is a good keeper but he's distribution is nothing like these guys.
suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 14:40 - Jan 16 with 4645 viewsSwansea_Blue

suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 14:32 - Jan 16 by Heathlander

Top quality goalkeepers these days need to be more than a keeper. Look at Edison at Man City. He can ping the ball as well as most world class midfielders.

Yep, that's the thing with sweeper keepers. They have to be good with their feet

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 15:21 - Jan 16 with 4600 viewsScuzzer

suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 14:32 - Jan 16 by Heathlander

yeah ping it straight to the opposition like he did the other night.

Established 1968

suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 15:50 - Jan 16 with 4558 viewssundaze

suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 14:07 - Jan 16 by chicoazul

On a tangenital note it is really weird how so many good PL Managers have a blind spot when it comes to signing Keepers. Fergie and Wenger signed some absolute howlers and David James had a long career. Guardiola signed a bad one although looks to have made up for it now and Klopp as you say has two awful keepers. Maybe having a good keeper just isnt very important at that level?

To be fair to the keepers, they are facing strikers with lighting instincts, who take shots with a different level of power and accuracy and teams that have top players in all positions that are a completely different class to anything we witness at Portman Road. Before the City game, Liverpool had the best home defence record in the Premier league, conceding four in eleven games, it can't be done without a decent keeper.
suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 19:33 - Jan 16 with 4387 viewsCurrie10

Well, who in their right mind would rather have Loris Karius in goal for us than Bart?

Yes, he may be good over time however from what I've seen of him he's a calamity so far and not remotely good enough.

How the hell he's in net ahead of Mignolet is quite beyond me.
suprised its only palace showing interest in bart on 19:36 - Jan 16 with 4378 viewsCurrie10

Pickford may have awesome distribution however I've seen nothing in him so far to think of him as even an average goalkeeper, let alone good - horrific.

All that ££££ for potential.......

Yes, he may turn out to be world class and I'll have egg on my face. I'll accept that.

Surely, with how long managers are at clubs it's better to spend ££££ on the real deal right in this moment instead of having to wait for them to develop over a long period of time?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024