Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shame Naismiths gone 16:37 - Jan 18 with 4287 viewshype313

Was hoping he would do a Rodwell and sit on his contract for a while.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Shame Naismiths gone on 16:38 - Jan 18 with 4280 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Nodge are still paying 40k of his 50k a week contract however.
Shame Naismiths gone on 16:53 - Jan 18 with 4229 viewsCurrie10

Shame Naismiths gone on 16:38 - Jan 18 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Nodge are still paying 40k of his 50k a week contract however.

Unfortunately, they're not -

' It is understood Hearts will take on around a quarter of the 31-year-old’s hefty wages, which reportedly dropped to around £30,000 per week after the Canaries were relegated from the Premier League in 2016. '

Still, Norwich paying £22,500 a week for someone they can't play is good news :)
Shame Naismiths gone on 16:54 - Jan 18 with 4232 viewsBent_double

I think we need to stop kidding ourselves that they're in a mess.

All the highest earners sold/loaned out, shed-loads of cash in the bank, still got their best player (maddison) at the moment, and clearly playing decent football under Farke.

The only positive is that they are still pretty shot-shy, so whilst they will probably have 80% possession when we play them, hopefully our single shot on goal will be enough to sneak a 1-0 win, a la Derby away.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Shame Naismiths gone on 16:56 - Jan 18 with 4213 viewsHerbivore

Shame Naismiths gone on 16:54 - Jan 18 by Bent_double

All the highest earners sold/loaned out, shed-loads of cash in the bank, still got their best player (maddison) at the moment, and clearly playing decent football under Farke.

The only positive is that they are still pretty shot-shy, so whilst they will probably have 80% possession when we play them, hopefully our single shot on goal will be enough to sneak a 1-0 win, a la Derby away.

Utter tosh. Have a word with yourself.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Shame Naismiths gone on 16:56 - Jan 18 with 4208 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Let me be the first to say that that’s just nonsense.

Edit - Herbie beat me to it.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 16:57]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Shame Naismiths gone on 16:57 - Jan 18 with 4202 viewshype313

Hi Delia.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Shame Naismiths gone on 16:58 - Jan 18 with 4183 viewsGeoffSentence

Shame Naismiths gone on 16:56 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Let me be the first to say that that’s just nonsense.

Edit - Herbie beat me to it.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 16:57]

As it turns out, the second.

Edit: you beat me to it
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 16:58]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Shame Naismiths gone on 17:05 - Jan 18 with 4140 viewsCurrie10

Well they have been a yoyo side for so long - if they don't go up this year ( seems very unlikely ) then more talent will go in the summer and it's very likely worse players will come in.

If that could continue for a few years I'd be very happy :)

#FARKELIFE
Login to get fewer ads

Shame Naismiths gone on 17:15 - Jan 18 with 4108 viewsIllinoisblue

shedloads of cash in the bank?? chuckle

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Shame Naismiths gone on 17:22 - Jan 18 with 4096 viewsJ2BLUE

Yea because it's really logical to start selling off your assets when you have 'shed-loads of cash in the bank'

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Shame Naismiths gone on 17:42 - Jan 18 with 4055 viewsBent_double

Shame Naismiths gone on 17:22 - Jan 18 by J2BLUE

Yea because it's really logical to start selling off your assets when you have 'shed-loads of cash in the bank'

The reason they have cash in the bank is because they've sold some of their assets? £30m or so this season, right? Surely that's enough to cover their wage bill for the foreseeable.

You can think what you like (obviously), just looks to me like their sorting their sh!t out before it becomes a real problem.

Anyone who thinks they're gonna collapse on and off the pitch is clearly a prawn sandwich short of a picnic.

Shame Naismiths gone on 18:05 - Jan 18 with 4004 viewsDennyx4

Shame Naismiths gone on 17:42 - Jan 18 by Bent_double

The reason they have cash in the bank is because they've sold some of their assets? £30m or so this season, right? Surely that's enough to cover their wage bill for the foreseeable.

You can think what you like (obviously), just looks to me like their sorting their sh!t out before it becomes a real problem.

Anyone who thinks they're gonna collapse on and off the pitch is clearly a prawn sandwich short of a picnic.

They are obviously trying to manage the situation, before it gets too messy. Here is my take on it.

Last year, they sold Brady, Olsson and Redmond for a total of £30m ish - bought Pritchard and Wildschut - so made a profit of approx £15m in fees, but still made a loss of £2m overall for the season, which included Parachute payments of approx £35m.

This years wages should have reduced, by releasing Ruddy, Bennett etc and selling Murphy, Pritchard, Howson & Jerome. They have also brought new players in, on what you would assume is less wages, albeit Hanley may be on a fair wedge, if his contract was anywhere near Murphy's at Newcastle. But even say the wage bill has dropped by 15% approx £8m, they may have got themselves a buffer to pay the wages for a bit longer than this season, as the last parachute payment of approx £35m is received. Norwich accounts should be healthier than last years, as they have sold more, have less wages and still have parachute payments,

The real issue is next season for Norwich, no £35m parachute payment, which is why the player sales are happening..
Shame Naismiths gone on 18:54 - Jan 18 with 3926 viewsBent_double

Shame Naismiths gone on 18:05 - Jan 18 by Dennyx4

They are obviously trying to manage the situation, before it gets too messy. Here is my take on it.

Last year, they sold Brady, Olsson and Redmond for a total of £30m ish - bought Pritchard and Wildschut - so made a profit of approx £15m in fees, but still made a loss of £2m overall for the season, which included Parachute payments of approx £35m.

This years wages should have reduced, by releasing Ruddy, Bennett etc and selling Murphy, Pritchard, Howson & Jerome. They have also brought new players in, on what you would assume is less wages, albeit Hanley may be on a fair wedge, if his contract was anywhere near Murphy's at Newcastle. But even say the wage bill has dropped by 15% approx £8m, they may have got themselves a buffer to pay the wages for a bit longer than this season, as the last parachute payment of approx £35m is received. Norwich accounts should be healthier than last years, as they have sold more, have less wages and still have parachute payments,

The real issue is next season for Norwich, no £35m parachute payment, which is why the player sales are happening..

Nicely put.

So they aren't/won't be in the sort of mess that teams like Brum and Sunderland are in.

There's no doubt we'll be on a much more equal footing with them than we have been for the past 5 years or so, like us, they ain't going up and they ain't going down, so let's just hope that our next manager appreciates the importance of the derby games and goes all out to win them next season.

Shame Naismiths gone on 21:49 - Jan 18 with 3756 viewsbenno1uk

Shame Naismiths gone on 18:54 - Jan 18 by Bent_double

Nicely put.

So they aren't/won't be in the sort of mess that teams like Brum and Sunderland are in.

There's no doubt we'll be on a much more equal footing with them than we have been for the past 5 years or so, like us, they ain't going up and they ain't going down, so let's just hope that our next manager appreciates the importance of the derby games and goes all out to win them next season.

Don’t forget they haven’t got an owner who can spend c£6m a year to keep the club ticking over.
Shame Naismiths gone on 22:09 - Jan 18 with 3709 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shame Naismiths gone on 16:53 - Jan 18 by Currie10

' It is understood Hearts will take on around a quarter of the 31-year-old’s hefty wages, which reportedly dropped to around £30,000 per week after the Canaries were relegated from the Premier League in 2016. '

Still, Norwich paying £22,500 a week for someone they can't play is good news :)

Blimey. What's the point of that? Can't say I've paid much attention to their team, but if he's half the player he was surely it's better to keep him in the squad on the basis of that 'deal'. Or has he shot his bolt?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Shame Naismiths gone on 22:23 - Jan 18 with 3686 viewsElderGrizzly

Shame Naismiths gone on 16:53 - Jan 18 by Currie10

It was confirmed he was on £45k a week with no relegation clause, like most of their last PL signings and was costing Norwich £840k until end of the season.

They wish it was only £30k!
Shame Naismiths gone on 22:25 - Jan 18 with 3680 viewsElderGrizzly

Shame Naismiths gone on 18:54 - Jan 18 by Bent_double

Nicely put.

Someone said, for next few seasons (aftr this one) they’ll need to sell around £15m of players just to break even.

Maddison will be next
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024