Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suppose that confirms Tommy's departure 11:14 - Jan 19 with 1578 viewsiamipswich

I for one will be very sad to see him go. A decent 3rd choice CB but also a charming bloke whenever we've crossed paths.

Poll: Who will return first?

Suppose that confirms Tommy's departure on 11:15 - Jan 19 with 1569 viewsitfcjoe

Even says it on official club website story

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Suppose that confirms Tommy's departure on 11:43 - Jan 19 with 1517 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good servant and character.

He was brilliant for a season a few years ago when linked with a move away, think it was when he partnered Chambo for a season.

Injuries have taken their toll and limited his appearances. I wish him all the best and hope it works out well. Would like to see him get a send off before he goes.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Suppose that confirms Tommy's departure on 11:46 - Jan 19 with 1511 viewshampstead_blue

Really disappointed with this.

I'd put him ahead of Chambers as an out and out defender.

Met him at the training ground when I was there with Help for Heros, gave me his training sweatshirt. Lovely lad.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

There's no doubt that he's a "lovely lad"...... on 12:03 - Jan 19 with 1478 viewsBloots

....but I wouldn't say that he's either "a decent 3rd choice CB", not even our 3rd choice CB.

There's a lot of rumblings about how the club and MM in particular are "shameful" in the way they have treated Tommy.

This totally confuses me.

As far as I see it there are 3 options:

1. Play him, despite the the manager's (and my) opinion that he isn't good enough.

2. Make him stay in case we have an even worse injury crisis, meaning that he gets no game time at all.

3. Be honest with him about his chances here and allow him to leave for a nominal fee to get 1st team football at a lower level.

It seems obvious that option 3 is being chosen, which is surely the most respectful and fair way of dealing with someone that has been a good servant to the club.

Really don't understand the issue here.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Suppose that confirms Tommy's departure on 12:07 - Jan 19 with 1469 viewsBluebell

I can't blame Tommy at all. He will not get regular games at Town as there are better players than him who can play that role.

I did think with Berra leaving Tommy would automatically step into his place but with Knudsen and Webster (when he is fit) both able to play there, Tommy won't get a look in as has been proved in the last few weeks.

Good luck Tommy!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024