Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. 12:08 - Jan 19 with 25706 viewsLord_Lucan

I had to go to the shop which involved going past the pub so I popped in for a livener (don’t tell Mother RKD)

Anyway the strangest thing just happened. I YouTubed a song to link it to a post on another thread and the song came on the pub TV. To prove I wasn’t going mad I just YouTubed The Wall and now that has come on.

I don’t think I will ever go back to work.

This pub gets packed with Norwich fans before a home game. I’m going to come in here on Saturday and put the 1978 cup final on.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 14:50 - Jan 19 with 6131 viewsLord_Lucan

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 14:44 - Jan 19 by Horst3000

Brilliant!
But how come your telephone is connected to the telly?

Mate. I haven’t got the foggiest.

I’m wondering if I might have had a weird rogering session with the landlords daughter and filmed it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 14:54 - Jan 19 with 6106 viewsbrazil1982

Don't peak too soon and get caught, you need this for match day...

Brilliant though.
I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 14:59 - Jan 19 with 6079 viewsblue62

Go on I dare you.

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 14:59 - Jan 19 with 6078 viewsfarkenhell

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 14:54 - Jan 19 by brazil1982

Don't peak too soon and get caught, you need this for match day...

Brilliant though.

Your right.

But, Lucan, you could maintain a thin coat of ambiguity with this little beauty:

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 14:59 - Jan 19 with 6067 viewsBlueBadger

This is an early contender for thread of the year.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 15:00 - Jan 19 with 6063 viewsHorst3000

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 14:50 - Jan 19 by Lord_Lucan

I’m wondering if I might have had a weird rogering session with the landlords daughter and filmed it.

Well if you find the film be sure to put it on
This is brilliant (n/t) on 15:07 - Jan 19 with 6029 viewsimsureazzure

This is brilliant (n/t) on 14:12 - Jan 19 by Lord_Lucan

I am genuinely fukin roaring, ace work.
I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 15:10 - Jan 19 with 6023 viewsLord_Lucan

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 15:00 - Jan 19 by Horst3000

Well if you find the film be sure to put it on

I’m actually wondering if I can link tubegalore - demolition derby is still on at the moment.

Today is completely out of the window now but I do face a small problem. Lady Lucan insists on a 6pm chit chat and I’m not sure how I can handle this as I’m on my 6th Aspalls and Pint of Wine Paul is threatening to bring some mushrooms up.

Login to get fewer ads

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 15:10 - Jan 19 with 6008 viewsThrobbe

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 14:50 - Jan 19 by Lord_Lucan

May be Chromecast? I have a habit of annoying Mrs Throbbe by 'accidentally' streaming Youtube vids to the lounge TV from another room while she's watching Corrie.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 15:14 - Jan 19 with 5986 viewsThrobbe

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 15:10 - Jan 19 by Lord_Lucan

I’m actually wondering if I can link tubegalore - demolition derby is still on at the moment.

Today is completely out of the window now but I do face a small problem. Lady Lucan insists on a 6pm chit chat and I’m not sure how I can handle this as I’m on my 6th Aspalls and Pint of Wine Paul is threatening to bring some mushrooms up.

... and that your honour, is where the thread really began to take off.

If this doesn't end in Lucan staggering home at 5am pushing a moped he bought from some bloke he met on a garage forecourt to present to Lady Lucan as an apology gift i'll be disappointed.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 15:21 - Jan 19 with 5957 viewsITFC_Forever

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 15:14 - Jan 19 by Throbbe

... and that your honour, is where the thread really began to take off.

If this doesn't end in Lucan staggering home at 5am pushing a moped he bought from some bloke he met on a garage forecourt to present to Lady Lucan as an apology gift i'll be disappointed.

Fergal's got one, ahem slightly used, moped going..... (or more to the point not going).

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

This is brilliant (n/t) on 15:56 - Jan 19 with 5877 viewsPlums

Presumably, this is the point at which you ordered the Moet?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 16:02 - Jan 19 with 5858 viewsSamWhiteUK

Lucan, you better figure out whatever you did, as it probably won't happen automatically next time you're there.

There is a cast button in the YouTube app - I'm guessing you're on the pub wifi, and you've somehow accidentally hit that
I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 16:14 - Jan 19 with 5826 viewsLord_Lucan

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 16:02 - Jan 19 by SamWhiteUK

Lucan, you better figure out whatever you did, as it probably won't happen automatically next time you're there.

There is a cast button in the YouTube app - I'm guessing you're on the pub wifi, and you've somehow accidentally hit that

It’s magic. It happens every time. After the demolition derby I put a bit of Supertamp on, now I’m watching a bit of Frampton. The locals think I’m a wizard and to be honest I’m a bit confused.

Tell you what though, I will definitely come in here Saturday and whack the cup final on while all the goons are in here - and I will sing and shout until they finally realise how to block it.

Watch this space!

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 16:16 - Jan 19 with 5811 viewsbluelou

Are you connected to their wifi? If so I think I know what it is.
It's functionality called dial and it works by having a tv or stb with the app on it. It's a lot like Chromecast.

It's bloody hilarious too

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 16:17 - Jan 19 with 5801 viewsartsbossbeard

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 16:14 - Jan 19 by Lord_Lucan

It’s magic. It happens every time. After the demolition derby I put a bit of Supertamp on, now I’m watching a bit of Frampton. The locals think I’m a wizard and to be honest I’m a bit confused.

Tell you what though, I will definitely come in here Saturday and whack the cup final on while all the goons are in here - and I will sing and shout until they finally realise how to block it.

Watch this space!

Is Pint of Wine Paul in yet?

Pass on my regards, please.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 16:21 - Jan 19 with 5794 viewsLord_Lucan

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 16:17 - Jan 19 by artsbossbeard

Is Pint of Wine Paul in yet?

Pass on my regards, please.

Not yet. He’s probably still cutting hair on the market.

Pete’s in the house.

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 16:25 - Jan 19 with 5775 viewsartsbossbeard

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 16:21 - Jan 19 by Lord_Lucan

Not yet. He’s probably still cutting hair on the market.

Pete’s in the house.

Seems an ideal time of the day for Neil Young's Harvest Moon.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 17:33 - Jan 19 with 5682 viewsconnorscontract

I love your adventure stories. You're like Suffolk's Ray Mears if he wasn't as good at remembering which frogs were massively hallucinogenic and shouldn't under any circumstances be licked.

Another winner for Lucan. You should be up for a Lifetime Achievement Award at the next TWTD poll.

If you really want to weird everyone out, may I suggest this little beauty. It's a Bluegrass cover of Elton John's Rocket Man:

And then to complete the experience this Bluegrass cover of Thunderstruck would be the perfect Hillbilly chaser to the Cup Final when the inbreds are in:

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 17:35 - Jan 19 with 5684 viewsGunnsAirkick

Haha, brilliant! Not a bad pub that one too. They seem an alright bunch in there. I was in there a few months back and there was a Town fan in there winding some people up at the bar so I joined in! Was that you?! Was on a Friday night after going to Baby Buddah Chinese round the corner.
I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 17:44 - Jan 19 with 5656 viewsLord_Lucan

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 17:35 - Jan 19 by GunnsAirkick

Haha, brilliant! Not a bad pub that one too. They seem an alright bunch in there. I was in there a few months back and there was a Town fan in there winding some people up at the bar so I joined in! Was that you?! Was on a Friday night after going to Baby Buddah Chinese round the corner.

Mate, it would definitely have been me. Handsome bloke with either not much or no hair sat in the far corner moaning at everyone.

I’m in here every Wednesday to Friday without fail, say hello next time - or even come for a pint now.

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 18:02 - Jan 19 with 5595 viewsLord_Lucan

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 17:33 - Jan 19 by connorscontract

I love your adventure stories. You're like Suffolk's Ray Mears if he wasn't as good at remembering which frogs were massively hallucinogenic and shouldn't under any circumstances be licked.

Another winner for Lucan. You should be up for a Lifetime Achievement Award at the next TWTD poll.

If you really want to weird everyone out, may I suggest this little beauty. It's a Bluegrass cover of Elton John's Rocket Man:

And then to complete the experience this Bluegrass cover of Thunderstruck would be the perfect Hillbilly chaser to the Cup Final when the inbreds are in:

Thanks for your kind comments. My lifetime achievement award is currently on hold as I have had a very harsh couple of red flashes of late.

I think you are referring to the cane toad (Rhinella marina), funnily enough I was alerted to these in the mid 80’s and at the time I was importing a lot of tropical fish. I did look at importing a few boxes of the mothers - seriously- but there was a problem with customs or cities or sumfink or another.

As it happens the pub tried to put Sky Sports News on a few mins ago but nothing worked until I deactivated my YouTube thingy. I’m not sure but I think I have taken over the command and control system of the pub. I am so looking forward to tomorrow’s FA Cup re run. I have visions of them not being able to turn it off.

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 19:01 - Jan 19 with 5495 viewsartsbossbeard

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 17:44 - Jan 19 by Lord_Lucan

Mate, it would definitely have been me. Handsome bloke with either not much or no hair sat in the far corner moaning at everyone.

I’m in here every Wednesday to Friday without fail, say hello next time - or even come for a pint now.

Don't do it, GAK!

One pint will lead you to a night out in Ipswich, a trip to Amsterdam, letting Lucan down a) by going to bed at 5am b) deserting him when he's on mushrooms (didn't happen) and then getting told off by the hotel staff for him smoking in the room whilst he casually sits in the corner laughing. Oh, and then he gets the hump if you don't chip in for the 400 euro fine.

Don't do it. You've been warned.

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 19:05 - Jan 19 with 5488 viewsGunnsAirkick

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 17:44 - Jan 19 by Lord_Lucan

It was 100% you then, haha. Nice to meet you! Can't remember what we talked about exactly as I was a bit pished by that point, think it was mostly joining in winding up the locals as it's always funny. You seemed in very good spirits, will say hello again next time.
This is brilliant (n/t) on 19:09 - Jan 19 with 5470 viewssundaze

Brilliant thread, thanks for making my week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024