Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. 12:08 - Jan 19 with 25593 viewsLord_Lucan

I had to go to the shop which involved going past the pub so I popped in for a livener (don’t tell Mother RKD)

Anyway the strangest thing just happened. I YouTubed a song to link it to a post on another thread and the song came on the pub TV. To prove I wasn’t going mad I just YouTubed The Wall and now that has come on.

I don’t think I will ever go back to work.

This pub gets packed with Norwich fans before a home game. I’m going to come in here on Saturday and put the 1978 cup final on.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 21:13 - Feb 22 with 1068 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 20:48 - Feb 22 by Lord_Lucan

Yeah, I’m in there now.

Trouble is it’s a bit of an edgy pub. If I was banned from any place I wish it was here. I popped out for a fag a while ago and some bloke was walking along so pissed that he was bumping into everything. He then nudged past me and entered the pub. I watched through the window waiting for him to be refused service but he got a beer and sat on a stall with his head on the bar.

If I ever get refused in this place I need to take stock of my life.

If you are ever in Glasgow I'll take you to a really edgy pub called the Cottage in Shettleston. They found a dead body with his hands cut off in the car park after a gangland shooting.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 21:16 - Feb 22 with 1059 viewsPJH

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 20:48 - Feb 22 by Lord_Lucan

Yeah, I’m in there now.

Trouble is it’s a bit of an edgy pub. If I was banned from any place I wish it was here. I popped out for a fag a while ago and some bloke was walking along so pissed that he was bumping into everything. He then nudged past me and entered the pub. I watched through the window waiting for him to be refused service but he got a beer and sat on a stall with his head on the bar.

If I ever get refused in this place I need to take stock of my life.

Is that the one with Mandy the barmaid and you were wondering if you were in an asylum?

If it is that one has the Willie Nelson lookalike returned?
I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 21:21 - Feb 22 with 1037 viewsLord_Lucan

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 21:13 - Feb 22 by GlasgowBlue

If you are ever in Glasgow I'll take you to a really edgy pub called the Cottage in Shettleston. They found a dead body with his hands cut off in the car park after a gangland shooting.

When I had a previous football ban in the 90s I went with a Scottish mate to watch Rangers v Hibernian in your version of the league cup final. I was with a load of Rangers lads from I think the South Side? The pub of choice was a pub called Maxwells, it was a big pub but I can’t find any details about it, I think it was renamed Ye Old Inventor. I did go back once.

Do you know it?

I might pop up to Livingstone soon to see a mate who recently blew himself up. I’ll let you know if I’m up that way as I might do a night in Glasgow.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 21:32 - Feb 22 with 994 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 21:21 - Feb 22 by Lord_Lucan

When I had a previous football ban in the 90s I went with a Scottish mate to watch Rangers v Hibernian in your version of the league cup final. I was with a load of Rangers lads from I think the South Side? The pub of choice was a pub called Maxwells, it was a big pub but I can’t find any details about it, I think it was renamed Ye Old Inventor. I did go back once.

Do you know it?

I might pop up to Livingstone soon to see a mate who recently blew himself up. I’ll let you know if I’m up that way as I might do a night in Glasgow.

It doesn't ring a bell. The Rangers pub I know is called the Louden Tavern. It's a bit tasty and was firebombed by the IRA.

Yeah get in touch if you are up this way.

Iron Lion Zion

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 21:37 - Feb 22 with 982 viewsLord_Lucan

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 21:32 - Feb 22 by GlasgowBlue

It doesn't ring a bell. The Rangers pub I know is called the Louden Tavern. It's a bit tasty and was firebombed by the IRA.

Yeah get in touch if you are up this way.

Just had another search. I think this might be it

http://www.oldglasgowpubs.co.uk/maxwellarms.html

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 22:00 - Feb 22 with 937 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 21:37 - Feb 22 by Lord_Lucan

Just had another search. I think this might be it

http://www.oldglasgowpubs.co.uk/maxwellarms.html

Pollockshaws. Just next to the Gorballs. Not my hunting ground.

Iron Lion Zion

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 22:33 - Feb 22 with 896 viewsLord_Lucan

I’ve just had a genuine life changing experience. on 22:00 - Feb 22 by GlasgowBlue

Pollockshaws. Just next to the Gorballs. Not my hunting ground.

Just text my mate, it’s the place but apparently 1.5 miles away from The Gorbels. I didn’t really know the geography but it seems a strange place for a Rangers pub.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024