Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just been reading this... 12:26 - Jan 19 with 1177 viewsBluebell

Not sure if it has been posted before. I dislike Chelsea and hate Norwich but it sounds like this VAR has to be changed before being used in important games.

So people watching the game on BBC were shown different views from the 'experts'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/18/var-should-have-overturned-willia

What do others think?
Just been reading this... on 13:03 - Jan 19 with 1084 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

People watching TV and different views to the experts...

...not sure what the issue is there??

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Just been reading this... on 13:12 - Jan 19 with 1068 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It states in the article that the video ref watching the footage 10 times. Well, if its not clear after watching it 10 times, then that pretty much defines that the ref hasnt made a 'clear and obvious' error.

1. If people cant accept that refs will make mistakes, then they shouldnt watch or participate in football.
2. Players and managers make far more mistakes in every game than the officials do.
3. A club will NEVER get relegated due to a refs decision. They will be relegated etc due to their own failings over the course of a season. The ref will just be an easy excuse.

I HATE all the focus that is now on the refs, I couldnt care less if they make the occassional error.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Just been reading this... on 13:46 - Jan 19 with 1018 viewschristiand

Just been reading this... on 13:12 - Jan 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

It states in the article that the video ref watching the footage 10 times. Well, if its not clear after watching it 10 times, then that pretty much defines that the ref hasnt made a 'clear and obvious' error.

1. If people cant accept that refs will make mistakes, then they shouldnt watch or participate in football.
2. Players and managers make far more mistakes in every game than the officials do.
3. A club will NEVER get relegated due to a refs decision. They will be relegated etc due to their own failings over the course of a season. The ref will just be an easy excuse.

I HATE all the focus that is now on the refs, I couldnt care less if they make the occassional error.

Yes agree with this Marshall's Mullet. It just seems that today's modern manager is always quick to blame the officials for their own team's incompetence and failings. VAR will be for the benefit of football long term, at the moment it is having teething problems as it is something new and most us don't enjoy change. However, those that believe that VAR will solve any contentious issues 100%, it simply won't. The final decision with be the refs and we know how that leads to much debate at 5pm on a Saturday evening?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 13:48]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024