Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incompetent Colleagues 15:57 - Jan 19 with 2567 viewsJ2BLUE

How should they be dealt with? As i've posted many times my job isn't exactly rocket science but it does take concentration and it's busy enough to require some real effort. Everyone I work with seems to have decided that anything remotely difficult isn't something they want to do and i'm fed up of things falling back on me. We had an order that our supplier couldn't get the money in for so what does my colleague do? Rather than phone the customer she passed it off to the equally incompetent central point to deal with. Having a choice of two numbers (one landline, one mobile) to leave a message on they chose the landline...just had the customer turn up to collect and again it always seems to end up my problem.

They don't bother with the most basic of tasks or put the least amount of effort in possible. The part time ones are the worst because they seem to think it won't be their problem if they f**k things up and most of the time they are right, it's my problem. This customer travels next week and central point have promised she'll have her money back by close of business Monday. She won't. Then it will be my problem again. Absolutely sick to death of it. Worried i'll end up telling a customer to go f**k themselves in the end when getting shouted at like a five year old when dealing with a situation caused by the stupidity and laziness of others.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Incompetent Colleagues on 16:09 - Jan 19 with 2508 viewsDarth_Koont

In my experience, most people aren't aware (or all that aware) they're incompetent.

Very difficult to have a word in these cases and get them to address it. About the only thing you can do is try to get management to understand that significant gaps and different standards of performance exist. And hope that the manager isn't incompetent as well.

Pronouns: He/Him

Incompetent Colleagues on 16:10 - Jan 19 with 2492 viewsFixed_It

Just apologise to the customer (who is always right) for the incompetence of others. Say it shouldn't have happened and that you fully understand their frustration, and that you will pass on their concerns to your Line Manager. Assuming your Line Manager is not also incompetent, let them deal with it. All you can do is diffuse the situation by being suitably attentive so that the customer will realise that taking it out on you is neither fair nor warranted.
And make sure your Line Manager knows who is at fault.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Incompetent Colleagues on 16:14 - Jan 19 with 2472 viewsitfcjoe

Give the info to your line manager as a training issue and give them constructive criticism in the manner you are most comfortable with - a telling off face to face, an e-mail, a sit down and chat, and explain to them the issues it has caused.

If they continue causing you issues and don't care then start being an arse to them each time til they either get sick of it or bugg@r off

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Incompetent Colleagues on 21:01 - Jan 19 with 2307 viewshoppy

Just put a sign up saying “Drive Thru closed” and let them deal with it directly with the customers.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Incompetent Colleagues on 21:02 - Jan 19 with 2304 viewsJ2BLUE

Thanks all x

Truly impaired.

Incompetent Colleagues on 21:57 - Jan 19 with 2244 viewssolemio

Incompetent Colleagues on 21:01 - Jan 19 by hoppy

Just put a sign up saying “Drive Thru closed” and let them deal with it directly with the customers.

I was amazed and deeply impressed by a place at Taunton that called itself a Drive-Through.
Incompetent Colleagues on 23:02 - Jan 19 with 2172 viewsJakeITFC

Be consistently better than them and lead by example.

It will get noticed, and if it doesn’t then move somewhere that it will.
Incompetent Colleagues on 23:26 - Jan 19 with 2140 viewsMelford

Incompetent Colleagues on 23:02 - Jan 19 by JakeITFC

That's what I did. I was a week shy of 12 years of last job when I left. I'd had enough of working with useless d*ckheads, I was consistently betten than them and lead by example but management's response was instead to sorting out the useless d*ckheads was to give me even more hours to babysit them. 55-60 hours a week,six full days. I handed my notice in and told them to shove it without another job to go to. Had a couple of months off living on my savings then got another job 2 minutes walk from my house. Now I'm doing 40 hours a week with 2 days off in a row, finish at 9 rather than gone 11. Cooking home-cooked food from scratch rather than the microwave/deep-fried sh!t I was knocking out. I really enjoy my job now and my social life has really picked up now I have time to do stuff.

If you really don't like it, if the first thing you do when you wake up is think about your work day ahead and dread it, if you're just getting your head down and getting though it wishing your days away then just ***k it off.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Login to get fewer ads

Incompetent Colleagues on 09:36 - Jan 20 with 1981 viewsJ2BLUE

Incompetent Colleagues on 23:26 - Jan 19 by Melford

That's what I did. I was a week shy of 12 years of last job when I left. I'd had enough of working with useless d*ckheads, I was consistently betten than them and lead by example but management's response was instead to sorting out the useless d*ckheads was to give me even more hours to babysit them. 55-60 hours a week,six full days. I handed my notice in and told them to shove it without another job to go to. Had a couple of months off living on my savings then got another job 2 minutes walk from my house. Now I'm doing 40 hours a week with 2 days off in a row, finish at 9 rather than gone 11. Cooking home-cooked food from scratch rather than the microwave/deep-fried sh!t I was knocking out. I really enjoy my job now and my social life has really picked up now I have time to do stuff.

If you really don't like it, if the first thing you do when you wake up is think about your work day ahead and dread it, if you're just getting your head down and getting though it wishing your days away then just ***k it off.

Glad to hear you got out of there. I wish I could just walk out. When I applied for this job I was unemployed and just wanted any job. I never thought I would be here 6.5 years later. It's like the frog in the water that was slowly brought to the boil. In my time here i've been battling other problems with family and personal issues so i've never really been able to give finding another job maximum effort despite my frequent venting about it. Now it feels like my only options are crap customer service based roles which I never wanted to do. My own fault but now i'm 30 and applying for entry level customer service roles to try and get out of retail. Depressing.

Your line about dreading it...today has barely started, i'm off tomorrow and i'm already dreading Monday. I don't see many ways out of here and i'll probably be here for the summer if I don't get out soon. It feels like choosing between this and a glorified call centre in insurance etc. I'm strongly considering asking to reduce my hours if i'm still here in a couple of months. They can say yes or i'll resign.

Truly impaired.

Incompetent Colleagues on 09:39 - Jan 20 with 1974 viewsJ2BLUE

Incompetent Colleagues on 23:02 - Jan 19 by JakeITFC

It doesn't get noticed. I was pretty much unofficially managing our branch. The actual manager came here about once a month for an hour. I was doing all her weekly checks etc and then when her job came up and I was on a week off they didn't even bother to phone me. They gave it to someone who had been here a couple of years. I was livid and came in the next day when I found out. She said "I didn't think you would want it". Too lazy to make the phone call...

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024