Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour 17:31 - Jan 19 with 16971 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Using those videos of the NHS crisis to try and score some emotional political points. What a cowardly bunch, when they massively pushed PFI schemes in the first place.
Labour on 17:39 - Jan 19 with 7392 viewsbournemouthblue

PFI went so well in fact, it's been rolled out to things like Carillion?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Labour on 17:45 - Jan 19 with 7372 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour on 17:39 - Jan 19 by bournemouthblue

PFI went so well in fact, it's been rolled out to things like Carillion?

Indeed. A third of the Carillion contracts with the Government were awarded by the last Labour government.

The last contract awarded to Carillion was by Labour run Leeds City Council who authorised the award of a contract worth £14 million to Carillion on 20 December 2017.

Arf!
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 17:50]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Labour on 17:51 - Jan 19 with 7354 viewsbournemouthblue

Labour on 17:45 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed. A third of the Carillion contracts with the Government were awarded by the last Labour government.

The last contract awarded to Carillion was by Labour run Leeds City Council who authorised the award of a contract worth £14 million to Carillion on 20 December 2017.

Arf!

Whilst two thirds have been handed out by the Tories in less time

Good effort!

Labour on 17:52 - Jan 19 with 7347 viewsStokieBlue

Arf!

You can't say that.

Facts are neither wanted or required.

SB
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 17:52]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Labour on 17:53 - Jan 19 with 7325 viewsBackToRussia

The Labour of today has very little to do with Blair and Gordon.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Labour on 17:53 - Jan 19 with 7340 viewsStokieBlue

Labour on 17:51 - Jan 19 by bournemouthblue

Good effort!

So you are saying on 33% of the blame is Labours.

There was me thinking it was entirely the Tories fault, that's certainly the Labour narrative.

This is not defending PFI in any way or the Tories use of it, just the rewriting of certain aspects of history.

SB
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 17:54]

Labour on 17:54 - Jan 19 with 7332 viewsBrixtonBlue

Labour invented the NHS. The Tories are now uninventing it.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Labour on 17:54 - Jan 19 with 7331 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour on 17:51 - Jan 19 by bournemouthblue

Good effort!

No. 38% of the contracts were awarded during the previous Labour government, that’s more than a third and almost two in five. 27% were awarded during the Coalition between the Lib Dems and the Conservatives, and the rest since the Conservatives entered office in 2015.

This isn't going very well for you is it?

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Labour on 17:56 - Jan 19 with 7323 viewsBrixtonBlue

Labour on 17:54 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

No. 38% of the contracts were awarded during the previous Labour government, that’s more than a third and almost two in five. 27% were awarded during the Coalition between the Lib Dems and the Conservatives, and the rest since the Conservatives entered office in 2015.

Are you shifting some blame onto the Lib Dems? Naughty!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Labour on 17:58 - Jan 19 with 7315 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour on 17:54 - Jan 19 by BrixtonBlue

Labour invented the NHS. The Tories are now uninventing it.

Oh dear. Somebody needs a history lesson. The NHS came from the Beveridge Report which was set up under the Churchill Govt. It was in the Tories 1945 manifesto.

https://www.libdemvoice.org/setting-the-record-straight-labour-and-the-nhs-15930

Here is the Tory Health Secretary talking about it before Atlee had even thought of it.

https://www.britishpathe.com/video/a-healthier-britain/query/Henry

Labour do not own the NHS.

Iron Lion Zion

Labour on 17:59 - Jan 19 with 7304 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour on 17:56 - Jan 19 by BrixtonBlue

Are you shifting some blame onto the Lib Dems? Naughty!

All three main parties are responsible for giving Carillion contracts.

Iron Lion Zion

Labour on 17:59 - Jan 19 with 7302 viewsSarge

So 38% awarded during Labour govt, 35% by Conservative govt, and 27% by a Conservative led coalition.

Hmmmmm
Labour on 18:01 - Jan 19 with 7284 viewsBrixtonBlue

Labour on 17:58 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

Oh dear. Somebody needs a history lesson. The NHS came from the Beveridge Report which was set up under the Churchill Govt. It was in the Tories 1945 manifesto.

https://www.libdemvoice.org/setting-the-record-straight-labour-and-the-nhs-15930

Here is the Tory Health Secretary talking about it before Atlee had even thought of it.

https://www.britishpathe.com/video/a-healthier-britain/query/Henry

Labour do not own the NHS.

I do need a history lesson it seems, could've sworn Labour came up with it. But not right now as mates are about to turn up.

Labour on 18:04 - Jan 19 with 7278 viewsbournemouthblue

Fabulous massaging of the figures there Glasgow

I'm sure the Lib Dems were all over that

Labour on 18:07 - Jan 19 with 7254 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour on 18:04 - Jan 19 by bournemouthblue

Fabulous massaging of the figures there Glasgow

I'm sure the Lib Dems were all over that

Those figures come from Full Fact. Are you disputing those figures?

Iron Lion Zion

Labour on 18:17 - Jan 19 with 7225 viewsBlueBadger

So, what they're saying is that the vast majority of private tendering has happened under Conservative or Conservative-led administrations?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 18:17]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Labour on 18:18 - Jan 19 with 7234 viewsBlueBadger

Arf!

'The other lot were doing it as well' is a really feeble excuse for carrying on with something which is ill-conceived, wasteful, damaging and unnecessary,
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 18:20]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Labour on 18:27 - Jan 19 with 7206 viewsBlueBadger

Labour on 18:07 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

Those figures come from Full Fact. Are you disputing those figures?

I don't think anybody is disputing that the vast majority of NHS privatisation has come under Conservative or conservative-led administrations, as the figures have clearly demonstrated that.

Labour on 18:29 - Jan 19 with 7197 viewsBlueBadger

Labour on 17:59 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

All three main parties are responsible for giving Carillion contracts.

It is purely coincidental that the majority of it has come in the wake of the 2012 Health and Social Care act which explicitly obliges Clinical Commissioning Groups to put any and all NHS service out to tender.

Labour on 18:33 - Jan 19 with 7203 viewsSteve_M

The current state of the NHS is profoundly political though and, whilst PFI is a blot on Labour's record, they've not been in power for seven years and PFI had been happily carried on ever since. The consequences of Lansley's Health and Social Care Act and the decimation of social care that had continued under Hunt are the major causes of this crisis.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Labour on 18:39 - Jan 19 with 7180 viewsBlueBadger

Labour on 18:33 - Jan 19 by Steve_M

The current state of the NHS is profoundly political though and, whilst PFI is a blot on Labour's record, they've not been in power for seven years and PFI had been happily carried on ever since. The consequences of Lansley's Health and Social Care Act and the decimation of social care that had continued under Hunt are the major causes of this crisis.

Speaking of Mr rhyming-slang, I'm sure that the management of Ipswich Hospital were DELIGHTED to see him expressing his pleasure in public at how they're dangerously understaffed pretty much everywhere.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jeremy-hunt-blasted-for-dim-tweet-revealin
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 18:41]

Labour on 18:43 - Jan 19 with 7179 viewsSporall

So the NHS should be excluded from politics?
Labour on 18:54 - Jan 19 with 7160 viewsStokieBlue

Labour on 18:17 - Jan 19 by BlueBadger

So, what they're saying is that the vast majority of private tendering has happened under Conservative or Conservative-led administrations?

I thought you were correct (and you probably are) but the numbers in the factcheck of McDonnells sheet say there were more in number and value under Blair:

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-john-mcdonnells-labour-confere

It does stop at 2015 but I am sure I've read elsewhere that isn't the case and that number looks wrong.

SB
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 18:56]

Labour on 18:59 - Jan 19 with 7146 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Labour on 18:17 - Jan 19 by BlueBadger

Although PFI payments, including interest, are less than 10% of government spending on Capital projects
Labour on 19:01 - Jan 19 with 7142 viewsBlueBadger

Labour on 18:18 - Jan 19 by BlueBadger

'The other lot were doing it as well' is a really feeble excuse for carrying on with something which is ill-conceived, wasteful, damaging and unnecessary,
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 18:20]

It should also be remembered that overwhelming majority of the contracts awarded during the Labour years were largely(but, by no means exclusively, the disastrous Hinchinbrook hospital privatisation was commissioned pre-2010 and the ill-fated takeover of community services by Serco was prior to the 2012 H&SC Act) for ancillary services such as catering, cleaning, out-of-hours imaging interpretation, housekeeping and portering and security. The fact that these services were largely poor in quality of service delivered(it's no coincidence, for example, that rates of hospital acquired infection, notably MRSA increased greatly in the wake off outsourced cleaning contracts), whilst offering little by way of savings as well as requiring increasing management costs to administer should have been sufficient for any incoming change of government to think 'hang on, this probably isn't a good idea' rather than accelerating with the whole expensive, damaging and overly beaurocratic process.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024