Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick loves a dig... 17:50 - Jan 20 with 37472 viewsLuk38644

Mick loves a dig... on 18:08 - Jan 20 with 5495 viewsCoco

Mick loves a dig... on 18:04 - Jan 20 by Bluefish

Bit they don't have fans that slate everything their club does and get more excited by negative stuff than positive things

Well you’re more naive than I thought

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Mick loves a dig... on 18:09 - Jan 20 with 5495 viewsshoopdelang

Mick loves a dig... on 18:05 - Jan 20 by BackToRussia

Well duh. It's obvious that he's right, the point is that he comes in off a poor 1-1 draw crowing about being right. And we all know only morons slate someone before they've played for us. So yeah well done MM you are wiser than some irrelevant tw@ts on the internet. Big man.

“ Duh “ haha not heard that one since leaving school. Chill out you silly *>#% 😅
Mick loves a dig... on 18:09 - Jan 20 with 5499 viewsTrequartista

Mick loves a dig... on 18:08 - Jan 20 by Bobbychase

If people are prepared to give our own players stick before they have been played then he has every right to remind them what idiots they are.

Yeah he doesn’t have to do it and it would help his cause if he didn’t, but some of us are heartily sick of the constant bleating and whining from some of our fan base. If you dish it out, be prepared to get it back. Don’t then go crying to teacher

Who has given Gleeson stick other than a few posts on the social media that Mick says he never reads?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Mick loves a dig... on 18:10 - Jan 20 with 5494 viewsfabian_illness

If anyone feels offended by anything MM says they need to grow up.
He gets hundreds of vicious comments on here every day, to start feeling tearful when he has a little jibe back is pitiful.
Mick loves a dig... on 18:10 - Jan 20 with 5491 viewsbluelou

Mick loves a dig... on 17:51 - Jan 20 by kizaitfc

Never make a politician would he.

Continues to create friction between himself and the fans. Honestly think without the constant digs more fans would be blaming ME and have sympathy for MM and his position.

Not all fans, thanks.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Mick loves a dig... on 18:13 - Jan 20 with 5480 viewsCrock

Mick loves a dig... on 18:09 - Jan 20 by Trequartista

Who has given Gleeson stick other than a few posts on the social media that Mick says he never reads?

Good point

Poll: Favourite number?

Mick loves a dig... on 18:15 - Jan 20 with 5468 viewsBackToRussia

Mick loves a dig... on 18:09 - Jan 20 by shoopdelang

“ Duh “ haha not heard that one since leaving school. Chill out you silly *>#% 😅

K?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Mick loves a dig... on 18:16 - Jan 20 with 5460 viewsFtnfwest

At least mick never generalises about us fans so he can have a go for no reason
Login to get fewer ads

Mick loves a dig... on 18:19 - Jan 20 with 5448 viewslloydy84

Mick loves a dig... on 18:06 - Jan 20 by Trequartista

Worst season in over 50 years? Thick c*nts? Fail.

Can't understand people like you.

Mick constantly over achieves with the funds he has, even last season I believe, in regards to funding/final position, yet it's never good enough.

Like we have an entitlement to finish above a certain position just because we're Ipswich Town.

Funding is down, near the bottom of the Championship, any finish above that is a success, why can't people accept that and need to bleat on about our worst finishing position?

You do not have a divine right to finish no lower than the top half of the championship regardless of history.
Mick loves a dig... on 18:20 - Jan 20 with 5430 viewsRyorry

Mick loves a dig... on 18:09 - Jan 20 by Trequartista

Quite.

And the difference between him & us is supposed to be that he's a professional and able to rise above such things - which do rather go with the territory of being a real-life football manager of a Championship club.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mick loves a dig... on 18:22 - Jan 20 with 5419 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick loves a dig... on 18:00 - Jan 20 by GeoffSentence

Doesn't matter that he's right, scoring cheap points like this is unnecessary, he is just stirring up strife,

He doesn't really want to be here any longer.

There's probably a fair bit of truth in that.

But if people have to criticize him for bringing in an experienced Championship midfielder to cover our worst central midfield injury crisis in living memory then they can't complain if the manager points out that these fans clearly wouldn't be up to the job.

Pronouns: He/Him

Mick loves a dig... on 18:24 - Jan 20 with 5407 viewsDubtractor

Mick loves a dig... on 18:22 - Jan 20 by Darth_Koont

There's probably a fair bit of truth in that.

But if people have to criticize him for bringing in an experienced Championship midfielder to cover our worst central midfield injury crisis in living memory then they can't complain if the manager points out that these fans clearly wouldn't be up to the job.

Has he been criticised though?

I've not seen much on here, certainly nothing about a couple of people grumbling. I think most people accept that he is a stop gap signing due to our injury problems.

I've not seen many people actually slating the signing.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Mick loves a dig... on 18:25 - Jan 20 with 5403 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick loves a dig... on 18:08 - Jan 20 by Bobbychase

If people are prepared to give our own players stick before they have been played then he has every right to remind them what idiots they are.

Yeah he doesn’t have to do it and it would help his cause if he didn’t, but some of us are heartily sick of the constant bleating and whining from some of our fan base. If you dish it out, be prepared to get it back. Don’t then go crying to teacher

Exactly.

Mick loves a dig... on 18:26 - Jan 20 with 5403 viewsitfcjoe

Utterly needless comment.

Also, we’d just drawn at Bolton, not gone there and hammered them 3-0 so makes him look a bit of a nob.

And I quite like Mick, and think Gleeson was, and will be, a decent signing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick loves a dig... on 18:27 - Jan 20 with 5387 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick loves a dig... on 18:24 - Jan 20 by Dubtractor

Has he been criticised though?

I've not seen much on here, certainly nothing about a couple of people grumbling. I think most people accept that he is a stop gap signing due to our injury problems.

I've not seen many people actually slating the signing.

Did Archant or whoever do a summary? Seems to be something like that he's referring to.

Either way there have been enough public critics who've jumped the gun with their reaction to the signing.

Mick loves a dig... on 18:31 - Jan 20 with 5365 viewsm14_blue

Mick loves a dig... on 18:26 - Jan 20 by itfcjoe

Utterly needless comment.

Also, we’d just drawn at Bolton, not gone there and hammered them 3-0 so makes him look a bit of a nob.

And I quite like Mick, and think Gleeson was, and will be, a decent signing

Quite.

I too think Gleeson is a decent and sensible signing but if Mick is really so hyper sensitive about the slightest criticism (it was hardly Douglas-esque) then he's in the wrong job.

Personal abuse is out of order, people airing their views about football matters on social media pretty much comes with the territory, even if he'd rather it didn't.
Mick loves a dig... on 18:31 - Jan 20 with 5364 viewsGuthrum

I know McCarthy gets tons of stick, but he ought to let it go, for the sake of harmony.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mick loves a dig... on 18:33 - Jan 20 with 5357 viewstomo

Mick loves a dig... on 18:08 - Jan 20 by BackToRussia

Like MM?

He didn’t sound particularly wound up. He was just pointing out how strange some of our fans are. I quite like it when he does it as it’s quite fun watching folks get their knickers in a twist over it.
Mick loves a dig... (n/t) on 18:36 - Jan 20 with 5346 viewstextbackup

This post has been edited by an administrator

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mick loves a dig... on 18:37 - Jan 20 with 5332 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick loves a dig... on 18:33 - Jan 20 by tomo

He didn’t sound particularly wound up. He was just pointing out how strange some of our fans are. I quite like it when he does it as it’s quite fun watching folks get their knickers in a twist over it.

Agreed. And I don't think anyone should worry about these fans as they'll get annoyed with anything and everything if we're not winning.

Mick loves a dig... on 18:38 - Jan 20 with 5327 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick loves a dig... (n/t) on 18:36 - Jan 20 by textbackup

This post has been edited by an administrator

Case in point.

Mick loves a dig... on 18:39 - Jan 20 with 5320 viewschiddley

Numpty fans.

Gleeson far better option than Skuse.

Poll: The best joke petition of the last few days

Mick loves a dig... on 18:41 - Jan 20 with 5310 viewsTrequartista

Mick loves a dig... on 18:19 - Jan 20 by lloydy84

Can't understand people like you.

Mick constantly over achieves with the funds he has, even last season I believe, in regards to funding/final position, yet it's never good enough.

Like we have an entitlement to finish above a certain position just because we're Ipswich Town.

Funding is down, near the bottom of the Championship, any finish above that is a success, why can't people accept that and need to bleat on about our worst finishing position?

You do not have a divine right to finish no lower than the top half of the championship regardless of history.

I accept that it has now got to the point where Evans is now more culpable than McCarthy for our demise, but i don't buy 16th as overachieving and calling people who have that opinion thick c*nts deserved the withering response that i gave it.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Mick loves a dig... on 18:43 - Jan 20 with 5297 viewsimsureazzure

Mick loves a dig... on 18:07 - Jan 20 by tomo

I just really struggle to fathom how people can get so wound up over what another person says.

Contradiction?
Mick loves a dig... on 18:45 - Jan 20 with 5286 viewstextbackup

Mick loves a dig... on 18:38 - Jan 20 by Darth_Koont

Case in point.

Not read the thread as I know the exact comments that will be on there from the exact posters that have appeared after sht results and a MM dig the last 2/3 years.
If I tick your box I couldn’t give a toss, he’s had a dig because he knows today was bollix, but can’t help himself the dippy bitter old twot
If MM would like to explain his position after signings that have been, frankly, terrible... or would he rather just forget those?
Didn’t see anyone bemoaning Gleeson signing BTW, was more MMs ability to bring in a certain type, not the player himself being the issue

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024