Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick loves a dig... 17:50 - Jan 20 with 37639 viewsLuk38644

Mick loves a dig... on 22:48 - Jan 20 with 4338 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick loves a dig... on 22:03 - Jan 20 by textbackup

RIIiiiight, you witnessed that first half, yeah?

Yes, I did.

Pronouns: He/Him

Mick loves a dig... on 22:57 - Jan 20 with 4331 viewsPJH

Yes, as ever he makes a good point and talks sense.
Don't think there is anything untrue in what he said is there?-except I would not say Gleeson was a mile above anyone else although he looked pretty good.
Mick loves a dig... on 22:58 - Jan 20 with 4331 viewsPhilTWTD

Mick loves a dig... on 20:47 - Jan 20 by DarkHorse

Of course it's a dig! And a completely unnecessary one at that. I've seen little/no negativity around the signing of Gleeson, the opposite in fact.

I've heard of managers creating a siege mentality before, but against your own fans? Very odd behaviour. I can't think of another manager that acts like this so often. Why not show a little dignity and ignore the small minority of idiots?

Mick didn't actually say the 'underwhelming' comment was about Gleeson, but about someone else, although he thought Gleeson would similarly be seen as underwhelming; hence they're fans and he's the manager.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Mick loves a dig... on 23:07 - Jan 20 with 4305 viewsPhilTWTD

Mick loves a dig... on 22:57 - Jan 20 by PJH

Yes, as ever he makes a good point and talks sense.
Don't think there is anything untrue in what he said is there?-except I would not say Gleeson was a mile above anyone else although he looked pretty good.

I agree, there certainly have been signings where fans have said they're underwhelming, as MM said he had seen, and there's no doubt that some saw Gleeson as underwhelming, as he imagined they might have.
Mick loves a dig... on 23:11 - Jan 20 with 4285 viewsJ2BLUE

Mick loves a dig... on 22:58 - Jan 20 by PhilTWTD

Mick didn't actually say the 'underwhelming' comment was about Gleeson, but about someone else, although he thought Gleeson would similarly be seen as underwhelming; hence they're fans and he's the manager.

Next time you see him tell him I got us promoted on Fifa with a CM of Gleeson and Stephen Quinn #visionary #ishouldbemanager

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mick loves a dig... on 23:14 - Jan 20 with 4279 viewsPhilTWTD

Mick loves a dig... on 23:11 - Jan 20 by J2BLUE

Next time you see him tell him I got us promoted on Fifa with a CM of Gleeson and Stephen Quinn #visionary #ishouldbemanager

#diminutive
Mick loves a dig... on 07:21 - Jan 21 with 4169 viewstextbackup

Mick loves a dig... on 22:48 - Jan 20 by Darth_Koont

Yes, I did.

lol so even though the manager even called it out as a poor game etc, you saw it as decent. Confirms what I already knew

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mick loves a dig... on 07:34 - Jan 21 with 4166 viewshype313

He's right, he's the one earning a million quid a year.

Although the fact that he clearly has no time for the fans is becoming tiresome, appreciate he feels he doesn't get the recognition he feels he deserves, but to make sly digs almost after every game is a little childish in my opinion.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Mick loves a dig... on 07:46 - Jan 21 with 4157 viewsTractorWood

Mick loves a dig... on 18:26 - Jan 20 by itfcjoe

Utterly needless comment.

Also, we’d just drawn at Bolton, not gone there and hammered them 3-0 so makes him look a bit of a nob.

And I quite like Mick, and think Gleeson was, and will be, a decent signing

This sort of comment distracts from the regard people will hold for him later. Some binary fans seem to relish it.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 7:48]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Mick loves a dig... on 07:50 - Jan 21 with 4154 viewsTractorWood

Mick loves a dig... on 22:58 - Jan 20 by PhilTWTD

Sounds like he's having an argument with himself.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Mick loves a dig... on 08:00 - Jan 21 with 4131 viewsBenters2

Mick loves a dig... on 07:21 - Jan 21 by textbackup

lol so even though the manager even called it out as a poor game etc, you saw it as decent. Confirms what I already knew

Those that travel in the cold and crap weather to watch the dross will feel more pissed off than those who watch it on their laptops though.

This is what i dislike about Mick Mac if he had set up how we finished we probably would have won!
Mick loves a dig... on 08:10 - Jan 21 with 4126 viewstcblue

I just wish he'd rise above it. Makes me wonder just how obstinate he is about other things away from the cameras, which I wouldn't have any reason to if he didn't engage in the pettiness.
Mick loves a dig... on 08:12 - Jan 21 with 4113 viewsHerbivore

Mick loves a dig... on 08:00 - Jan 21 by Benters2

Those that travel in the cold and crap weather to watch the dross will feel more pissed off than those who watch it on their laptops though.

This is what i dislike about Mick Mac if he had set up how we finished we probably would have won!

So what was different about how we were set up at the end of the game? Players and formation were the same, with the exception of Gleeson coming on for Skuse. Anyone who seriously thinks the manager sent them out with instructions to play crap only to say to them in the last 10 minutes 'okay lads, you can go and play now' is delusional.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick loves a dig... on 08:30 - Jan 21 with 4104 viewsBenters2

Mick loves a dig... on 08:12 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

So what was different about how we were set up at the end of the game? Players and formation were the same, with the exception of Gleeson coming on for Skuse. Anyone who seriously thinks the manager sent them out with instructions to play crap only to say to them in the last 10 minutes 'okay lads, you can go and play now' is delusional.

Did you go to QPR away a couple of seasons ago?

Same thing go for a point,go behind get our fingers out.

Dont worry even your hero Mick Mac said the game was crap!
Mick loves a dig... on 08:35 - Jan 21 with 4094 viewsSuperfrans

Mick loves a dig... on 08:00 - Jan 21 by Benters2

Those that travel in the cold and crap weather should surely know what they’re getting?

I go to about 5/6 aways every season and have a 150 mile round trip for every home and I know what I’m going to get. I don’t then whine about it.

When you go out and turn over your compost, do you then complain that it stinks?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Mick loves a dig... on 08:36 - Jan 21 with 4091 viewsHerbivore

Mick loves a dig... on 08:30 - Jan 21 by Benters2

Did you go to QPR away a couple of seasons ago?

Same thing go for a point,go behind get our fingers out.

Dont worry even your hero Mick Mac said the game was crap!

If you think it's genuinely the case that he sends them out with instructions not to attack and defend a point only to then tell them to go for it when we're a goal down then you're bonkers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick loves a dig... on 08:38 - Jan 21 with 4092 viewsBenters2

Mick loves a dig... on 08:35 - Jan 21 by Superfrans

Those that travel in the cold and crap weather should surely know what they’re getting?

I go to about 5/6 aways every season and have a 150 mile round trip for every home and I know what I’m going to get. I don’t then whine about it.

When you go out and turn over your compost, do you then complain that it stinks?

Its shows what you know about compost,a good compost never stinks.

Mine is beautiful x
Mick loves a dig... on 08:39 - Jan 21 with 4087 viewsBackToRussia

Mick loves a dig... on 08:38 - Jan 21 by Benters2

Mine is beautiful x

If you are turning compost, that means it won't be finished, so may have some odour.

Finished compost you are right obv.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Mick loves a dig... on 08:40 - Jan 21 with 4087 viewsSuperfrans

Mick loves a dig... on 08:36 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

If you think it's genuinely the case that he sends them out with instructions not to attack and defend a point only to then tell them to go for it when we're a goal down then you're bonkers.

There does seem to be a fair few who think we set out just to win a point, from the beginning of the game. Even when we start with 4 strikers on the pitch. It’s utterly baffling how people can be so stupid.

Mick loves a dig... on 08:41 - Jan 21 with 4084 viewsSuperfrans

Mick loves a dig... on 08:38 - Jan 21 by Benters2

Mine is beautiful x

Evidence clearly that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Was your coffee hot this morning? Were you shocked?
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 8:43]

Mick loves a dig... on 08:46 - Jan 21 with 4080 viewsBenters2

Mick loves a dig... on 08:39 - Jan 21 by BackToRussia

If you are turning compost, that means it won't be finished, so may have some odour.

Finished compost you are right obv.

Top to the bottom,bottom to the top.

End of.
Mick loves a dig... on 09:34 - Jan 21 with 4053 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick loves a dig... on 07:21 - Jan 21 by textbackup

No, it was a poor game. If you notice I called it a midfield slog.

But as far as the game went as a contest we were decent, looking better than the home side and trying to play at times too.

If I knew I needed to give style points then maybe you wouldn't be so confused.

Mick loves a dig... on 10:00 - Jan 21 with 4027 viewsmrshallisfit

Mick loves a dig... on 17:58 - Jan 20 by Bluefish

Why should he? He has done a good job and the thick c*nts have forced him out. I hope he goes all out from here on and starts taking the piss out of them

But why is he thin skinned? Just ignore the dumb f#cos.
Mick loves a dig... on 10:04 - Jan 21 with 4022 viewsmonty_radio

Mick loves a dig... on 07:50 - Jan 21 by TractorWood

Sounds like he's having an argument with himself.

In light of the comments re Robson etc it feels like we're hearing frustrations coming to the surface. The "it is what it is" and "I knew the gig before I came here" shtick has faded away as he has become increasingly weighed down by the challenge of silk purses out of sows ears.

He knows the history, but feels the burden of the fans view of the club. He wants to be recognised for his own lesser achievement, but, as the memory and the indebtedness become fainter with each safe, but underwhelming season, he seems to have allowed himself to dislike the club itself - small town, too big-a-view of itself, pigmies in hock to dead giants.

Flame-throwing at the stands just to "show 'em" might relieve a bit of the frustration, but it is subject to the law of diminishing returns. I hear people saying "he's just giving it back", but don't we all remember when teachers kept us all in because they couldn't get at the actual culprits? The small town is what it is; the history won't go away, but managers can and do.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Mick loves a dig... on 10:08 - Jan 21 with 4009 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick loves a dig... on 10:04 - Jan 21 by monty_radio

In light of the comments re Robson etc it feels like we're hearing frustrations coming to the surface. The "it is what it is" and "I knew the gig before I came here" shtick has faded away as he has become increasingly weighed down by the challenge of silk purses out of sows ears.

He knows the history, but feels the burden of the fans view of the club. He wants to be recognised for his own lesser achievement, but, as the memory and the indebtedness become fainter with each safe, but underwhelming season, he seems to have allowed himself to dislike the club itself - small town, too big-a-view of itself, pigmies in hock to dead giants.

Flame-throwing at the stands just to "show 'em" might relieve a bit of the frustration, but it is subject to the law of diminishing returns. I hear people saying "he's just giving it back", but don't we all remember when teachers kept us all in because they couldn't get at the actual culprits? The small town is what it is; the history won't go away, but managers can and do.

I don't think he's having a go at the club or the vast majority of the fans.

He's having a go at the critics. Whether that's smart or not, they should take it on the chin.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024