Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) 18:08 - Jan 20 with 3844 viewscarlisleaway

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 18:11 - Jan 20 with 3844 viewsTrequartista

We're "in the play-off race" apparently. Would like to see how a team that can't win more than it loses could make the play-offs.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 18:29 - Jan 20 with 3826 viewsGuthrum

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 18:11 - Jan 20 by Trequartista

We're "in the play-off race" apparently. Would like to see how a team that can't win more than it loses could make the play-offs.

We've won the same number as we've lost, with very few draws. Keep that up for the rest of the season and we won't be far away. Improve by just a bit (e.g. get some of a our injured creativity back in midfield) and we'll be there.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 18:47 - Jan 20 with 3806 viewsTrequartista

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 18:29 - Jan 20 by Guthrum

We've won the same number as we've lost, with very few draws. Keep that up for the rest of the season and we won't be far away. Improve by just a bit (e.g. get some of a our injured creativity back in midfield) and we'll be there.

Do you really believe we'll improve enough? Truthfully? If everything stays the same we'll be 10 points adrift. There are no signs at all we're going to pull that back.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 18:51 - Jan 20 with 3789 viewschristiand

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 18:29 - Jan 20 by Guthrum

Too many sides now pushing ahead of us and gaining momentum - Fulham, Brentford and Middlesboro and that's not even considering those already in the play off positions. Realistically, if we finish top 10 MM has done a good job, but where we are now or a couple of places lower is where I believe we will finish the season.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 18:54 - Jan 20 with 3780 viewsGuthrum

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 18:51 - Jan 20 by christiand

Too many sides now pushing ahead of us and gaining momentum - Fulham, Brentford and Middlesboro and that's not even considering those already in the play off positions. Realistically, if we finish top 10 MM has done a good job, but where we are now or a couple of places lower is where I believe we will finish the season.

Cardiff and Bristol are both on iffy runs. Plenty of time for movement between now and the end of the season.

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 18:57 - Jan 20 with 3772 viewschristiand

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 18:54 - Jan 20 by Guthrum

Cardiff and Bristol are both on iffy runs. Plenty of time for movement between now and the end of the season.

You're right about the movement between now and the end of the season, but I just don't believe we are good enough for the top 6 Guthrum.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2018 19:08]

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 18:57 - Jan 20 with 3772 viewsGuthrum

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 18:47 - Jan 20 by Trequartista

Do you really believe we'll improve enough? Truthfully? If everything stays the same we'll be 10 points adrift. There are no signs at all we're going to pull that back.

I think we could do. There's enough quality in the squad, especially if some of those injured return. We have shown we can play effective, even good football (tho rarely for a whole match). And we do keep winning games, our points-gathering is not hampered by draws like last season.

Whether we will is another matter.

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 19:00 - Jan 20 with 3759 viewsazuremerlangus

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 18:54 - Jan 20 by Guthrum

I want to stay positive but I agree with others: too many pushing on above us so barring a miracle we are not going to get into the top six.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Login to get fewer ads

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 19:01 - Jan 20 with 3757 viewschristiand

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 18:57 - Jan 20 by Guthrum

I think we could do. There's enough quality in the squad, especially if some of those injured return. We have shown we can play effective, even good football (tho rarely for a whole match). And we do keep winning games, our points-gathering is not hampered by draws like last season.

Whether we will is another matter.

Love your optimism Guthrum and that's what makes football so interesting with the contrasting views. Naturally, I hope your prediction is right - lets reconvene early May time and see who is closest?

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 19:16 - Jan 20 with 3725 viewsGuthrum

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 19:01 - Jan 20 by christiand

Love your optimism Guthrum and that's what makes football so interesting with the contrasting views. Naturally, I hope your prediction is right - lets reconvene early May time and see who is closest?

I hope it retains at least a bit of rationality (or, at least, logic). Even if I'm fully prepared for it to turn to dust.

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 19:22 - Jan 20 with 3718 viewsBluesquid

With 5 from a possible 18.
At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 20:08 - Jan 20 with 3673 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 19:01 - Jan 20 by christiand

Don't worry, you're right. You don't win many games averaging 0.5 goals a game.
At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 20:16 - Jan 20 with 3662 viewslongtimefan

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 20:08 - Jan 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Don't worry, you're right. You don't win many games averaging 0.5 goals a game.

Strange! The table I’m looking at says we’re averaging nearly 1.5 goals a game
At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 20:20 - Jan 20 with 3657 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 20:16 - Jan 20 by longtimefan

Strange! The table I’m looking at says we’re averaging nearly 1.5 goals a game

Not in our last 7 and that's were we are at now.
At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 20:30 - Jan 20 with 3644 viewsBlueBadger

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 20:20 - Jan 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ah, Roy Keane Statistics.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 09:29 - Jan 21 with 3575 viewslongtimefan

At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 20:20 - Jan 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I think you’ll find where we are now is 28 games into the season.
At least we are confirming our mid table position.... (n/t) on 12:59 - Jan 21 with 3550 viewsBent_double

But on the otherhand, Fulham and Brentford are on great runs, SU look like they might have come out of their bad patch too.

Wolves are looking a bit shakey with no wins in their last 4 games (albeit 2 against Swansea), but they shouldn't worry, it's Ipswich next...

I don't think we have enough about us to make the play-offs, but you never know - I mean we didn't exactly deserve to finish 6th back in 2015, but thanks to Derby we did, at the moment we're looking at needing the equilalent of 12 wins from 18 to finish top 6 - very unlikely.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024