Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick, most of us are not entitled or think 20:13 - Jan 20 with 8626 viewsCoco

we are still that team with Sir Bob who ‘should turn up to Bolton and win’, we just want a manager who can build and coach a team year on year with youth. We want good football where we can on occasion ‘mix it up’ not the opposite. A coach who is a good fit for our small club, able to develop a team with a philosophy that runs from the youth to the first team. Working to a budget is par for the course at Ipswich and as Burley said ‘always has been’.

Please stop sniping at the fans and priming your glorious exit. It’s tiresome. The criticism with you isn’t about your constraints etc but about your approach to the game. Always has been. Wherever you’ve been. ‘Winning football’ is fine when you’re winning.

Imo the club, like many others has lost the connection to its history and the fans. Sheepy was a link to the Cobbolds and Burley a link to Robson. A club our size needs that romanticism, the passion from within. We are just a little bit souless rigjt and as Mick even noted, apathy has set in.

People mock when Warburton et al are mentioned, but whilst they may not be ‘better’ managers they MAY be a better fit. If we dont strive to want more then who will? Yeh it may go balls up but stagnation is never an option.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:16 - Jan 20 with 6510 viewsBanburyBlue

Spot on

Banbury Blue Back in Town

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:20 - Jan 20 with 6493 viewslongtimefan

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:16 - Jan 20 by BanburyBlue

Spot on

Some valid point but ultimately it was Burley and Sheepshanks that landed us in the mess we are now in.
Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:25 - Jan 20 with 6478 viewsCoco

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:20 - Jan 20 by longtimefan

Some valid point but ultimately it was Burley and Sheepshanks that landed us in the mess we are now in.

They were doing everything in their power to take us further. Yeh it went wrong but WHAT a bloody ride!

I heard Cundy on the radio the ither ask Wigan fan if he would really take winning the FA cup over a fewe stable years in the prem making liads of money. Honestly, wtf? This is what football has become.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:31 - Jan 20 with 6436 viewsartsbossbeard

Living in the past, Coko.

Sheepy almost killed this club. Twice.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:33 - Jan 20 with 6432 viewsCoco

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:31 - Jan 20 by artsbossbeard

Living in the past, Coko.

Sheepy almost killed this club. Twice.

Im not living in the past, merely referring to it. And you spelled my name incorrectly.

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:35 - Jan 20 with 6417 viewsartsbossbeard

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:33 - Jan 20 by Coco

Im not living in the past, merely referring to it. And you spelled my name incorrectly.

Did I?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:41 - Jan 20 with 6412 viewsBloomBlue

But it was Sheepshanks and Burley who killed the club's soul. The day we went into administration and fleeced hard working Suffolk business was the day this club lost its soul.

Also our soul was built in the Robson time by trying to bring through youngsters, some cheap buys and 1 or 2 slightly more expensive players. Now we have fans moaning about every cheap purchase and all they want is £5m+ buys.
Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:45 - Jan 20 with 6392 viewsartsbossbeard

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:41 - Jan 20 by BloomBlue

But it was Sheepshanks and Burley who killed the club's soul. The day we went into administration and fleeced hard working Suffolk business was the day this club lost its soul.

Also our soul was built in the Robson time by trying to bring through youngsters, some cheap buys and 1 or 2 slightly more expensive players. Now we have fans moaning about every cheap purchase and all they want is £5m+ buys.

This type of reasoned input is lost on most posters here.

Sheepy - admin once and on the verge of admin a second time is viewed as some sort of demi-God.

Evans- saved us from admin a second time, 10 point deduction and most certainly a lower league standing is viewed as the Devil incarnate.

Login to get fewer ads

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:49 - Jan 20 with 6376 viewsCoco

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:45 - Jan 20 by artsbossbeard

Sheepy - admin once and on the verge of admin a second time is viewed as some sort of demi-God.

Evans- saved us from admin a second time, 10 point deduction and most certainly a lower league standing is viewed as the Devil incarnate.

I have no deep hatred for either, they’ve both given a lot for the club. Remember also that sheepy worked tirelessly to find and convince Evans to purchase the club. So people could blame Sheepy for both admin and giving us Evans.

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:52 - Jan 20 with 6344 viewsartsbossbeard

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:49 - Jan 20 by Coco

I have no deep hatred for either, they’ve both given a lot for the club. Remember also that sheepy worked tirelessly to find and convince Evans to purchase the club. So people could blame Sheepy for both admin and giving us Evans.

Or, positively, finding a backer that sorted out the debt issues and kept the club in the same league.

Spin it how you see it though. Whatever suits your online agenda, Coko.

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:54 - Jan 20 with 6341 viewsCoco

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:52 - Jan 20 by artsbossbeard

Or, positively, finding a backer that sorted out the debt issues and kept the club in the same league.

Spin it how you see it though. Whatever suits your online agenda, Coko.

Well quite.

The Coko thing is bloody hilarious btw

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:55 - Jan 20 with 6327 viewsartsbossbeard

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 20:54 - Jan 20 by Coco

Well quite.

The Coko thing is bloody hilarious btw

I know! It came to me in a flash tonight and I'm all in!

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 21:04 - Jan 20 with 6301 viewscarlisleaway

Nobody was moaning when Sheepshanks and Burley took us on a playoff ride and venture into the Premiership via Wembley
Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 21:06 - Jan 20 with 6285 viewsartsbossbeard

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 21:04 - Jan 20 by carlisleaway

Nobody was moaning when Sheepshanks and Burley took us on a playoff ride and venture into the Premiership via Wembley

Correct, but let's not sugar coat the fall out.

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 21:09 - Jan 20 with 6275 viewsMothersAgainstKids

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 21:06 - Jan 20 by artsbossbeard

But let's not forget the good stuff either.

Twtd
Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 21:11 - Jan 20 with 6250 viewsartsbossbeard

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 21:09 - Jan 20 by MothersAgainstKids

But let's not forget the good stuff either.

Twtd

I don't, I had 2 great season travelling away home & abroad.

We're still living in the fallout though.

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 21:11 - Jan 20 with 6251 viewsshoopdelang

He’s got to go. What a shi-tty comment to make and quite disrespectful to people who travelled all the way today to have hoped for more than a point against Bolton. At least we still have some belief/optimism in going to Bolton and playing for a win.
Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 21:13 - Jan 20 with 6236 viewsBergholtBru

But a 1-1 draw at Bolton is simply unacceptable!!

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 21:15 - Jan 20 with 6218 viewsBloomBlue

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 21:04 - Jan 20 by carlisleaway

Nobody is saying they didn't give us some great times but when people talk about losing our soul and blaming Evans for that, they're wrong it was Sheepshanks and Burley who killed our soul.
Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 21:15 - Jan 20 with 6221 viewsMothersAgainstKids

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 21:11 - Jan 20 by artsbossbeard

I don't, I had 2 great season travelling away home & abroad.

We're still living in the fallout though.

ME's poor stewardship and apathy is not Shagger's fault.
Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 21:17 - Jan 20 with 6204 viewsArcher4721

Blimey . When will our fans stop living in past? Football has moved on, shame our fans can't move on with it. I'd like to see Sheepy &Co put in 6 million a year now just to keep the club going.
Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 21:25 - Jan 20 with 6149 viewsArcher4721

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 21:15 - Jan 20 by MothersAgainstKids

ME's poor stewardship and apathy is not Shagger's fault.

Remind me of all the bonuses Sheepy paid himself and how much he paid back into the club.
Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 21:48 - Jan 20 with 6065 viewspointofblue

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 21:06 - Jan 20 by artsbossbeard

To be fair, Sheepshanks had budgeted for the ITV Digital deal to bail us out should relegation befall us in 2001/2002, as it did. All three sides who went down that year - us, Derby and Leicester - went into administration the season after.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 00:08 - Jan 21 with 5876 viewsBABLUE

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 21:48 - Jan 20 by pointofblue

To be fair, Sheepshanks had budgeted for the ITV Digital deal to bail us out should relegation befall us in 2001/2002, as it did. All three sides who went down that year - us, Derby and Leicester - went into administration the season after.

And look at what has happened since to those other 2 clubs
Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 00:41 - Jan 21 with 5814 viewspatrickswell

Mick, most of us are not entitled or think on 00:08 - Jan 21 by BABLUE

And look at what has happened since to those other 2 clubs

Mick could only dream of the level of financial backing that Srivaddhanaprabha provided to Pearson when they were a Championship side. And as for Derby, Mel Morris may be insane but he stumped up the money to buy our player of the season from last year. Evans didn't and will be content to smile and wave goodbye and good luck to the likes of Connolly and Celina too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024