Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thoughts 21:12 - Jan 20 with 13165 viewsMach_foreignBlue

If there was a game that needed to tell you that this team doesn't benefit from McCarthy and his flawed 'philosophy' that was the one and obviously there is more to come like that for the remainder of the season. We had to wait 82 minutes to start watching a bit of proper football from the team.

First half was an utter tripe. Literally no positives at all. As it mostly is the case under McCarthy we 'have to watch' the opposition and what they do. Try to stop them playing and keep lumping the ball the forward. Lump it, see what happens, maybe we'll get some luck etc etc.... Super Mick and his typical stuff !

We could have been down after 15 seconds but for the quick reaction from Bart.

Bolton dominated the proceedings in the first half but they clearly lacked the quality. At least they had a desire to attack the opposition whereas we didn't. Buckley was their liveliest player and it's possible that they found our weakness in Iorfa as the majority of their attempts came from his side. To be fair though he didn't do too bad.

Alnwick in their goal will have been bored sh*tless. No shots on target (until 40 min), no shots off target, nothing to worry about. A bit of pressure in their box in the 30 min but their defence dealt well as it was a first 'notable' moment from us. We may have had more possession at times but didn't do anything. Deathly slow midfield incapable of making simple passes. Town fans were clearly displeased to put it nicely.
Couple of glimpses from Celina, the player who always seems to have that 'something' in the bag however given his potential I expected more from him.

39 min and .... we had a corner ! Happy days ! Super Mick ! A minute later another one after which we finally produced something meaningful as Alnwick saved Chambers' shot.

Terrible first half between two very poor teams. A few minutes after the interval we conceded a bad goal as Madine was left unmarked.

All of sudden we became more lively. Super Mick's 'philosophy' as we have to be 1 down before mounting any bit of fight, eh?

Couple of minutes after their goal one of the most annoying moments as McGoldrick ought to have passed the ball to Waghorn and simple tap-in would have been a formality. The former instead decided to be selfish as his tame shot was easily saved by Alnwick.
We may have shown a little bit more willingness to attack but it was still Bolton who looked closer to score. Bialkowski's save from their free-kick followed by a shot 2 minutes later that went narrowly wide.

McGoldrick kept frustrating with his misplaced passes and selfishness as we could have had a winning goal 4 minutes from time. Before that though an equaliser and that was a really nice stuff which we are totally starved of. That was a football ! Proper set-up to the Garner's goal. 82 minutes before mounting an action like that. Soon after we saw another moment of panic in their defence as we tried to rip them and play football. Waghorn hits the post in the final moments of the match. Unfortunately the last 8 minutes of the match was too little to win it.

Why can't we play like that in the first 82 minutes? And this is one of main issues with McCarthy that is unwillingness to attack an opposition. I as a Town fan want our team to dictate the proceedings, to see the opponent scared of us etc etc. I firmly believe that this group of players could thrive under a different manager. Now they seem to be shackled/clueless/devoid of ideas and today this was the case against poor opposition. Bolton were a bunch of donkeys and the table doesn't lie as they are down there for merit. I don't necessarily demand a fully open football but we should have been on the front foot for the majority of the match. But we wasted the opportunity, two points dropped. We would have won it with a positive thinking manager.

McGoldrick and his attitude was very annoying as was Town's performance. Clearly not like a team player today and he could leave us any time for me if he carries on like that. Really disappointed with his display.
Garner despite the goal anonymous throughout.

New boys did fine. Gleeson a few passes forward. Perhaps not accurate at times but I liked his intentions.

Disappointed but not surprised given McCarthys philosophy. There is a hope though (if he leaves us in May) that under the different manager we will see the different approach, domination and willingness to win football matches. At least 4 more months of the ordeal though. To think the morons like Holloway or other pundits from outside keep telling us how lucky we are with him in charge.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2018 21:14]
Match thoughts on 21:14 - Jan 20 with 9343 viewsartsbossbeard

Keep smiling, Mach.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Match thoughts on 22:06 - Jan 20 with 9208 viewsFixed_It

Match thoughts on 21:14 - Jan 20 by artsbossbeard

Keep smiling, Mach.

I haven't read it. Can you give me a synopsis?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2018 22:09]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Match thoughts on 22:15 - Jan 20 with 9161 viewscarlisleaway

I have said for a long time McGoldrick has lost his pace and slows what attacks we have down. Loves to showboat, he is the player that should go and get a younger player in with more hunger.
Match thoughts on 22:15 - Jan 20 with 9158 viewssolemio

The repeated use of 'Super Mick' in the first half of your diatribe actually detracts from the points you are trying to make rather than adding to them.
Match thoughts on 22:18 - Jan 20 with 9139 viewsMothersAgainstKids

Honest, brutal and well written.
Match thoughts on 22:23 - Jan 20 with 9106 viewspointofblue

Match thoughts on 22:06 - Jan 20 by Fixed_It

The synopsis? Mick McCarhy, your football is s**t.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Match thoughts on 22:24 - Jan 20 with 9102 viewsartsbossbeard

Well, the baddies played in blue but really they were the goodies.

It was a draw in the end and everyone went home.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Match thoughts on 22:36 - Jan 20 with 9058 viewsIllinoisblue

you should have titled your thread Mach thoughts.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

"We didn't win..... on 22:38 - Jan 20 with 9054 viewsBloots

.....so I'm writing a report.

If we'd have won, you wouldn't have heard a whisper from me."

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Match thoughts on 23:01 - Jan 20 with 8978 viewsPJH

If you have ever read one of Mach's reports(although I have never read one throughout)I think you have read them all.
A synopsis would seem to be over emphasise the negatives and ignore or try to find reasons to ignore any positives.
Match thoughts on 23:35 - Jan 20 with 8891 viewshenley07

Match thoughts on 22:15 - Jan 20 by carlisleaway

I have said for a long time McGoldrick has lost his pace and slows what attacks we have down. Loves to showboat, he is the player that should go and get a younger player in with more hunger.

Couldn't agree more,I made the silly mistake of taking my boy up there today,memo to myself...don't have cheeky midweek beer that lead to promises!
McGoldrick looked like he wanted to be there less than I did today,no hunger at all.
I've said it before I salute you souls that waste your Saturday's to watch this lot,don't get me wrong I used to do the same,but everything seems so dull nowadays.
Not in anyway on here to offend individuals but what an unusual jumble of supporters we had at Bolton today
Match thoughts on 23:40 - Jan 20 with 8873 viewsDarth_Koont

I stopped reading after "Bolton dominated the proceedings in the first half but they clearly lacked the quality. At least they had a desire to attack the opposition whereas we didn't."

It was a struggle to get that far.

Pronouns: He/Him

Match thoughts on 23:52 - Jan 20 with 8835 viewspistonbroke

Match thoughts on 23:40 - Jan 20 by Darth_Koont

I stopped reading after "Bolton dominated the proceedings in the first half but they clearly lacked the quality. At least they had a desire to attack the opposition whereas we didn't."

It was a struggle to get that far.

To be fair , I’d rather take the view of someone actually at the game
Match thoughts on 23:59 - Jan 20 with 8812 viewsDarth_Koont

Match thoughts on 23:52 - Jan 20 by pistonbroke

To be fair, I watched the game. That's why I found the report so poor.

Match thoughts on 00:03 - Jan 21 with 8777 viewspistonbroke

Match thoughts on 23:59 - Jan 20 by Darth_Koont

To be fair, I watched the game. That's why I found the report so poor.

Watched it or was there , even your half time report you said we were doing ok when even MM said it was the worst game he had seen
Match thoughts on 00:09 - Jan 21 with 8755 viewsDarth_Koont

Match thoughts on 00:03 - Jan 21 by pistonbroke

Watched it or was there , even your half time report you said we were doing ok when even MM said it was the worst game he had seen

The game was certainly a slog. But that was more about Bolton who were frankly pretty ropy especially as the home team.

We matched them in the ugly side of the game and actually tried to play some football at times. We've certainly played a lot worse this season.

Match thoughts on 00:13 - Jan 21 with 8740 viewspistonbroke

Match thoughts on 00:09 - Jan 21 by Darth_Koont

The game was certainly a slog. But that was more about Bolton who were frankly pretty ropy especially as the home team.

We matched them in the ugly side of the game and actually tried to play some football at times. We've certainly played a lot worse this season.

Yeah your right they were ropey , but what the hell does that make us
Match thoughts on 00:16 - Jan 21 with 8726 viewsDarth_Koont

Match thoughts on 00:13 - Jan 21 by pistonbroke

Yeah your right they were ropey , but what the hell does that make us

The side that got an away point against a team with one of the best home records over the last couple of months.

And frustrated that we didn't take all 3.

Match thoughts on 00:19 - Jan 21 with 8708 viewspistonbroke

Match thoughts on 00:16 - Jan 21 by Darth_Koont

The side that got an away point against a team with one of the best home records over the last couple of months.

And frustrated that we didn't take all 3.

Is that the team who have taken 18 out of a possible 42 at home , is that the team with a minus 3 goal difference at home
Match thoughts on 00:31 - Jan 21 with 8676 viewsDarth_Koont

Match thoughts on 00:19 - Jan 21 by pistonbroke

Is that the team who have taken 18 out of a possible 42 at home , is that the team with a minus 3 goal difference at home

No, the team that won 3 out of the last 4 at home. In fact, just looking at their record in more detail they've only lost once at home since September.

If you expected us to beat Bolton then you're way off from the start.

Match thoughts on 01:16 - Jan 21 with 8581 viewsStenvict

You used to hate Mick, now it's Super Mick this, Super Mick that. Why the change?

Poll: What will be announced first?

Match thoughts on 04:25 - Jan 21 with 8494 viewsBenters2

Match thoughts on 23:52 - Jan 20 by pistonbroke

Sorry mate wrong arrow awarded stupid fat thumbs on my phone and all that!

Yes it's seen as cool by the herd on here to slate Mach but at least he goes to the games!
Match thoughts on 04:27 - Jan 21 with 8492 viewsBenters2

Nice one Mach you should have got some blue tinted specs
For Christmas.
Match thoughts on 05:48 - Jan 21 with 8462 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 23:01 - Jan 20 by PJH

If you have ever read one of Mach's reports(although I have never read one throughout)I think you have read them all.
A synopsis would seem to be over emphasise the negatives and ignore or try to find reasons to ignore any positives.

Crikey ! I am being judged by the exceptional superfan who always support the team and attend the games regardless of manager we have in charge, eh?
Match thoughts on 05:49 - Jan 21 with 8463 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 04:27 - Jan 21 by Benters2

Nice one Mach you should have got some blue tinted specs
For Christmas.

No thanks although I wouldn't have a problem with finding these specs from certain superfans on here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024