Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket: Jos Buttler…wow! 07:22 - Jan 21 with 5069 viewsTLA

Watching the partnership between Buttler and Woakes has been amazing - some of the best cricket of this tour.

It was great that all the milestones were reached in the last over (England's 300, Woakes' 50 and Buttler's 100).
Cricket: Jos Buttler…wow! on 17:26 - Jan 21 with 666 viewsbournemouthblue

Cricket: Jos Buttler…wow! on 11:42 - Jan 21 by christiand

Yep, he made some 'decent' scores, but if those above him can't do it then it is a bit much expecting a number 8 to do the job.

I really can't remember them

Given the performance of Overton and Curran with the bat, I expected more from Woakes

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Cricket: Jos Buttler…wow! on 20:17 - Jan 21 with 641 viewschristiand

Cricket: Jos Buttler…wow! on 17:26 - Jan 21 by bournemouthblue

I really can't remember them

Given the performance of Overton and Curran with the bat, I expected more from Woakes

Woakes - 26, 22, 36, 17, 5 and 0
Overton - 41, 7, 2 and 12
Curran - 39, 23 and 4

As you can see, Woakes got a few starts but didn't kick on, but tough for a number 8 when the top order couldn't deliver. Still a very handy cricketer as he is showing in the one day series, he'll learn from the Ashes experience and benefit from it in the long term.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Cricket: Jos Buttler…wow! on 23:28 - Jan 21 with 609 viewsbournemouthblue

Cricket: Jos Buttler…wow! on 20:17 - Jan 21 by christiand

Woakes - 26, 22, 36, 17, 5 and 0
Overton - 41, 7, 2 and 12
Curran - 39, 23 and 4

As you can see, Woakes got a few starts but didn't kick on, but tough for a number 8 when the top order couldn't deliver. Still a very handy cricketer as he is showing in the one day series, he'll learn from the Ashes experience and benefit from it in the long term.

It seemed like less than that, he must have blended in during the carnage. I fully expect him to turn into a world beater in a few years time.

I can remember Flintoff and Bresnan both looking pretty ordinary when they were first on the scene.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024