Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan 09:12 - Jan 21 with 11943 viewsbluesym

well proof is in the pudding, how about actually giving him a chance ahead of Sears? Radical thinking I know.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:40 - Jan 21 with 3976 viewsCoco

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:32 - Jan 21 by Superfrans

But then again, he may not. All about opinions, eh?

Well quite.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:52 - Jan 21 with 3958 viewsGuthrum

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:30 - Jan 21 by Coco

He may have more if Mick played him sooner when fans were calling for him again and again. Who knows??

So he was turned into a fan favourite to whom people are prepared to give some slack if he has an off day (which has happened). The crowd are always behind Celina because, morally, they have to be after all the fuss.

Plus the bloke with the job, experience and professional opinion, who'd actually spoken to the lad and seen him train, didn't think he was ready. And we had Waghorn scoring for fun.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:54 - Jan 21 with 3954 viewsBrixtonBlue

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:23 - Jan 21 by Superfrans

10 minutes at the end, in the right game?

You watch football, presumably have for many years. You know how it works.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 10:30]

Indeed. The only thing we all seem to be differing on is which is the right game. The FA cup game was a prime candidate for me, as was (to a slightly lesser extent) yesterday's game.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

on 10:55 - Jan 21 with 3947 views_

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:15 - Jan 21 by BrixtonBlue

When is the right point though? If we want to make the play offs we need to be winning games. This one was petering out to nothing. I was of the opinion we had little to lose by chucking on a young, hungry striker to see what he can offer. We needed a goal, and I'm afraid Sears hasn't offered us one of those things in a long time.

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:57 - Jan 21 with 3934 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 10:55 - Jan 21 by _

Yeah fair point, although Sears had nothing to do with the goal IIRC.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

on 11:01 - Jan 21 with 3922 views_

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:57 - Jan 21 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah fair point, although Sears had nothing to do with the goal IIRC.

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:05 - Jan 21 with 3903 viewsmarchy

on 11:01 - Jan 21 by _

Yeah, we were certainly looking a bit too stiff before he came on.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 11:05]
So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:11 - Jan 21 with 3884 viewsBrixtonBlue

Haha, excellent typo there!

Login to get fewer ads

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:11 - Jan 21 with 3884 viewsbournemouthblue

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:37 - Jan 21 by Currie10

Interestingly enough, the last U23 game Drinan was used uptop alongside Morris in a 4-4-2 with Sears left mid.

Certainly seems Sears FC days are done.

I'd imagine another 90 mins for the U23s or two and he'd be ready to rumble.

What has happened to Sears is a real shame. Until we have another option with his kind of pace, MM is always going to keep him as an option

I'd like to see how much work we do on the counter attack in training because we often get in good positions and then waste them

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

on 11:12 - Jan 21 with 3877 views_

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:11 - Jan 21 by BrixtonBlue

Haha, excellent typo there!

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:13 - Jan 21 with 3872 viewsMullet

Pretty sure Celina was involved in the build up and Sears came on after.

Think it went Garner - Gleeson - McG - Celina - McG - Waghorn - McG - Garner

Hooray time.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:13 - Jan 21 with 3869 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 11:12 - Jan 21 by _

Indeed.

on 11:15 - Jan 21 with 3862 views_

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:13 - Jan 21 by Mullet

Pretty sure Celina was involved in the build up and Sears came on after.

Think it went Garner - Gleeson - McG - Celina - McG - Waghorn - McG - Garner

Hooray time.

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:16 - Jan 21 with 3858 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yes, as Mullet has just reminded me, Sears wasn't on the pitch when we equalised.

Your whole argument has been rendered impotent!

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:22 - Jan 21 with 3846 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 11:15 - Jan 21 by _

Sears was stripped and ready to come on before we scored, then sat back down again when we did. So Mick did originally appear to be bringing him on to freshen up the attack. Unless he was thinking of using him to hang onto a 1-0 defeat!

on 11:23 - Jan 21 with 3836 views_

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:22 - Jan 21 by BrixtonBlue

Sears was stripped and ready to come on before we scored, then sat back down again when we did. So Mick did originally appear to be bringing him on to freshen up the attack. Unless he was thinking of using him to hang onto a 1-0 defeat!

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:24 - Jan 21 with 3837 viewsPhilTWTD

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:50 - Jan 21 by BrixtonBlue

You've got to throw him on at some point.

Think MM was looking for fresh legs out wide rather than an out an out striker. He'll get his chance at some point but don't really think the closing stages of yesterday's game was the time to throw him in.
So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:29 - Jan 21 with 3818 viewsBrixtonBlue

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:24 - Jan 21 by PhilTWTD

Think MM was looking for fresh legs out wide rather than an out an out striker. He'll get his chance at some point but don't really think the closing stages of yesterday's game was the time to throw him in.

Admittedly I wanted him thrown on before we equalised, less so afterwards. Simply because we needed a goal and he's a young hungry striker who would be desperate to impress on his debut. I didn't think we had much to lose by having that gamble at the time.

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:31 - Jan 21 with 3811 viewsBrixtonBlue

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:11 - Jan 21 by bournemouthblue

What has happened to Sears is a real shame. Until we have another option with his kind of pace, MM is always going to keep him as an option

I'd like to see how much work we do on the counter attack in training because we often get in good positions and then waste them

Very good point your last one and something we mentioned during the game yesterday. We did indeed get into lots of decent positions (particularly wide) and then waste them.

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:32 - Jan 21 with 3809 viewsPhilTWTD

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:29 - Jan 21 by BrixtonBlue

Admittedly I wanted him thrown on before we equalised, less so afterwards. Simply because we needed a goal and he's a young hungry striker who would be desperate to impress on his debut. I didn't think we had much to lose by having that gamble at the time.

I have to say I disgreed with what MM said afterwards about us starting to play after going a goal behind. Thought Bolton were on top for a long spell after that and had chances to seal it. I didn't think we were pushing for a goal until we scored it but improved thereafter, even if the Waghorn strike was the only real chance that I can recall.
So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:40 - Jan 21 with 3790 viewsDarth_Koont

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:32 - Jan 21 by PhilTWTD

I have to say I disgreed with what MM said afterwards about us starting to play after going a goal behind. Thought Bolton were on top for a long spell after that and had chances to seal it. I didn't think we were pushing for a goal until we scored it but improved thereafter, even if the Waghorn strike was the only real chance that I can recall.

Same here.

I thought we were forcing the issue a lot more in the first half even though we didn't threaten the Bolton goal nearly enough. We looked to have them where we wanted them but couldn't pull the trigger/misfired in the final third.

After their goal, Bolton were on top as their confidence (and the crowd) returned. A point was a good result after that but the frustration is that we didn't manage to put away a Bolton side that was poor/we made look poor.

Pronouns: He/Him

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:47 - Jan 21 with 3779 viewsDarth_Koont

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:32 - Jan 21 by PhilTWTD

BTW re: chances, there was McGoldrick's cross that was blocked right at the end. That looked like a real missed opportunity even if it wasn't a chance strictly speaking.

Pronouns: He/Him

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:48 - Jan 21 with 3773 viewsPhilTWTD

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:40 - Jan 21 by Darth_Koont

Same here.

I thought we were forcing the issue a lot more in the first half even though we didn't threaten the Bolton goal nearly enough. We looked to have them where we wanted them but couldn't pull the trigger/misfired in the final third.

After their goal, Bolton were on top as their confidence (and the crowd) returned. A point was a good result after that but the frustration is that we didn't manage to put away a Bolton side that was poor/we made look poor.

Agree, most of the first half was played in their half of the field and we had the greater share of possession, even if both sides gave the ball away needlessly time and again. For a side with the players we've got in our front four it was disappointing that whenever we got in promising positions either the final or penultimate ball went astray. Bolton looked more dangerous when in and around our box, although I think Vela's early shot was their only really significant chance.
So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:50 - Jan 21 with 3763 viewsPhilTWTD

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:47 - Jan 21 by Darth_Koont

BTW re: chances, there was McGoldrick's cross that was blocked right at the end. That looked like a real missed opportunity even if it wasn't a chance strictly speaking.

Had forgotten that, he should have done better.
So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:56 - Jan 21 with 3742 viewstextbackup

on 09:15 - Jan 21 by _

What job?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024