Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan 09:12 - Jan 21 with 11944 viewsbluesym

well proof is in the pudding, how about actually giving him a chance ahead of Sears? Radical thinking I know.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:57 - Jan 21 with 1583 viewsSuperfrans

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:54 - Jan 21 by BrixtonBlue

Indeed. The only thing we all seem to be differing on is which is the right game. The FA cup game was a prime candidate for me, as was (to a slightly lesser extent) yesterday's game.

I think he’d only been in the door for 24 hours at the time of the FA Cup match.

His time will come.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

on 11:59 - Jan 21 with 1576 views_

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:56 - Jan 21 by textbackup

What job?

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:59 - Jan 21 with 1575 viewsBrixtonBlue

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:57 - Jan 21 by Superfrans

I think he’d only been in the door for 24 hours at the time of the FA Cup match.

His time will come.

Like Carter-Vickers yesterday then?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 12:00 - Jan 21 with 1574 viewsSuperfrans

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:11 - Jan 21 by bournemouthblue

What has happened to Sears is a real shame. Until we have another option with his kind of pace, MM is always going to keep him as an option

I'd like to see how much work we do on the counter attack in training because we often get in good positions and then waste them

Sears has become a fringe player at best, but he is the kind of player who will always put in the yards. Whether we hang on to him will depend on whether he’s costing us over the odds, I reckon. If he’s relatively cheap he’ll stay and continue to be a part of the squad. Of course, there is one view that he is rubbish and offers nothing, which is nonsense of course.

on 12:05 - Jan 21 with 1564 views_

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:59 - Jan 21 by BrixtonBlue

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 12:06 - Jan 21 with 1561 viewsSuperfrans

on 11:59 - Jan 21 by _

The problem is that the general answer to that question is “workrate, pace, chasing forward, putting pressure on their defenders and chasing back”. But the usual suspects respond to such answers by dismissing the importance of workrate, pace, putting pressure on the opposition etc.

As if even the very best teams and managers like Liverpool, Man City, ManU, Spurs, Klopp, Guardiola, Pochettino, Mourinhio don’t also value workrate, pace, closing down etc...

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 12:07 - Jan 21 with 1555 viewsSuperfrans

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 11:59 - Jan 21 by BrixtonBlue

He’s played the entire season in the Championship.

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 12:07 - Jan 21 with 1555 viewsTheBlueBarca

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:17 - Jan 21 by bluesym

‘of late’

Sears has offered nothing in terms of a goal threat for months and months.

Since the latter half of 2015 if we're being honest! He's reverted back tot he flop he was at Spam.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Login to get fewer ads

on 12:08 - Jan 21 with 1551 views_

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 12:07 - Jan 21 by TheBlueBarca

Since the latter half of 2015 if we're being honest! He's reverted back tot he flop he was at Spam.

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 12:09 - Jan 21 with 1548 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 12:05 - Jan 21 by _

Not the point we were discussing.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

on 12:24 - Jan 21 with 1517 views_

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 12:09 - Jan 21 by BrixtonBlue

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 12:24 - Jan 21 with 1517 viewsSuperfrans

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 12:09 - Jan 21 by BrixtonBlue

Well, it kind of is.

Drinan is coming from a different country, different level of football, it’s expecting a lot for him to step straight in, especially when we have so many strikers on form and playing well together. All these are factors. Would he have made an appearance if all those conditions not been in place, for instance if we were short of strikers? Maybe. Needs must etc.

It’s not at all the same with CV - he’s familiar with the division, been playing regularly for a Top 6 team - AND we’re short of defenders. Of course it’s more likely that he would play straight away.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 12:25]

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 13:57 - Jan 21 with 1484 viewsBrixtonBlue

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 12:24 - Jan 21 by Superfrans

Well, it kind of is.

Drinan is coming from a different country, different level of football, it’s expecting a lot for him to step straight in, especially when we have so many strikers on form and playing well together. All these are factors. Would he have made an appearance if all those conditions not been in place, for instance if we were short of strikers? Maybe. Needs must etc.

It’s not at all the same with CV - he’s familiar with the division, been playing regularly for a Top 6 team - AND we’re short of defenders. Of course it’s more likely that he would play straight away.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 12:25]

I'm not asking him to step straight in and replace on form players. I'm saying introduce him towards the end of a game going nowhere to see if a young hungry striker can nick us a goal. Nothing ventured nothing gained, nothing to lose.

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 14:02 - Jan 21 with 1477 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 12:24 - Jan 21 by _

Superfrans said "I think he’d only been in the door for 24 hours at the time of the FA Cup match". So we were discussing time at the club (getting to know the players, how they link up on the pitch erc). These issues will be the same for CCV (who started) as they would have been for Drinan during the cup game.

Your point about experience in this league is a valid one but not the one we were discussing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024