Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan 09:12 - Jan 21 with 11957 viewsbluesym

well proof is in the pudding, how about actually giving him a chance ahead of Sears? Radical thinking I know.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

on 09:15 - Jan 21 with 6368 views_

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:17 - Jan 21 with 6352 viewsbluesym

on 09:15 - Jan 21 by _

‘of late’

Sears has offered nothing in terms of a goal threat for months and months.

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:17 - Jan 21 with 6352 viewsBrixtonBlue

Indeed, that game, much like the FA cup game, was crying out for an injection of something different. Throw him on and let's see what he's all about I say.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:22 - Jan 21 with 6327 viewsMullet

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:17 - Jan 21 by bluesym

‘of late’

In fairness Sears helped set up a lovely chance yesterday with pretty much his first act.

Drinan is a centre-forward not a winger and while Garner was playing badly, I'm glad MM didn't agree with me because we'd have lost!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

on 09:23 - Jan 21 with 6322 views_

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:17 - Jan 21 by bluesym

‘of late’

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:23 - Jan 21 with 6321 viewsbluesym

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:22 - Jan 21 by Mullet

In fairness Sears helped set up a lovely chance yesterday with pretty much his first act.

Drinan is a centre-forward not a winger and while Garner was playing badly, I'm glad MM didn't agree with me because we'd have lost!

I’d politely suggest that McGoldrick isnt a wide player either, but that doesnt seem to matter.

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:23 - Jan 21 with 6304 viewsBenters2

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:17 - Jan 21 by BrixtonBlue

Indeed, that game, much like the FA cup game, was crying out for an injection of something different. Throw him on and let's see what he's all about I say.

Try something different under this manager? Really?

Did you pull last night?
So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:27 - Jan 21 with 6289 viewsMullet

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:23 - Jan 21 by bluesym

I’d politely suggest that McGoldrick isnt a wide player either, but that doesnt seem to matter.

I agree, and if you look over what I've said lately I'm not a fan of the way we are so unstructured up top. But McG isn't really playing as a wideman either. It's more trying to draw defenders out and it seems to work sometimes, but we need to do it better as a team in all honesty.

I talked about it again last night when I got back.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:27 - Jan 21 with 6287 viewsSuperfrans

19 years old
New country
Relocating to strange city.
Patience.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:44 - Jan 21 with 6231 viewsbluesym

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:27 - Jan 21 by Superfrans

19 years old
New country
Patience.

So in other words he isnt really an option at the moment?

on 09:45 - Jan 21 with 6229 views_

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:44 - Jan 21 by bluesym

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:47 - Jan 21 with 6222 viewsSuperfrans

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:44 - Jan 21 by bluesym

Let’s see how he settles. Fact is we have four strikers on the pitch every game, who have scored goals this season. The issue is more our lack of midfield options. But we’ve brought in Gleeson, who (according to Brum fans) can stop play and distribute. That will give us another option.

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:50 - Jan 21 with 6219 viewsBrixtonBlue

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:27 - Jan 21 by Superfrans

19 years old
New country
Patience.

You've got to throw him on at some point.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

on 09:52 - Jan 21 with 6209 views_

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:50 - Jan 21 by BrixtonBlue

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:57 - Jan 21 with 6201 viewsSuperfrans

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:50 - Jan 21 by BrixtonBlue

He’s a 19yo kid, whose just moved to a different country, different city.

He’s not a washer on a tap, he’s a human being. He (like lots of players) will settle in the time he takes to settle. That could be by next week, it could be in March, it could be next season.

Even if you hate McCarthy, one thing surely everyone has to give him credit for is his ability to manage players. He won’t throw him on at any point, he’ll introduce him at the right time.

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:08 - Jan 21 with 6169 viewsBrixtonBlue

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 09:57 - Jan 21 by Superfrans

He’s a 19yo kid, whose just moved to a different country, different city.

He’s not a washer on a tap, he’s a human being. He (like lots of players) will settle in the time he takes to settle. That could be by next week, it could be in March, it could be next season.

Even if you hate McCarthy, one thing surely everyone has to give him credit for is his ability to manage players. He won’t throw him on at any point, he’ll introduce him at the right time.

Why is he on the bench if he's not yet ready to play?

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:11 - Jan 21 with 6160 viewsDarth_Koont

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:08 - Jan 21 by BrixtonBlue

Because putting players on the bench is part of introducing them to the game. Even if the only likelihood he'd come on was an injury to Garner or if we took a couple of attackers off.

Sears was always going to come on to replace Celina.

Pronouns: He/Him

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:15 - Jan 21 with 6144 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 09:52 - Jan 21 by _

When is the right point though? If we want to make the play offs we need to be winning games. This one was petering out to nothing. I was of the opinion we had little to lose by chucking on a young, hungry striker to see what he can offer. We needed a goal, and I'm afraid Sears hasn't offered us one of those things in a long time.

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:17 - Jan 21 with 6138 viewsbluesym

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:11 - Jan 21 by Darth_Koont

Because putting players on the bench is part of introducing them to the game. Even if the only likelihood he'd come on was an injury to Garner or if we took a couple of attackers off.

Sears was always going to come on to replace Celina.

I suppose my bigger issue is that Sears isnt a good enough option (in my humble opinion)
McCarthy loves bigging him up, but in reality we could do with getting shot of him and replacing with better.(again, in my opinion)

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:22 - Jan 21 with 6123 viewsDarth_Koont

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:17 - Jan 21 by bluesym

I suppose my bigger issue is that Sears isnt a good enough option (in my humble opinion)
McCarthy loves bigging him up, but in reality we could do with getting shot of him and replacing with better.(again, in my opinion)

As a striker/attacking force, Freddie hasn't done nearly enough in the last season or two. We're starting with 4 attackers and he's not one of them, or challenging them, so I think we can safely say he's slipped far enough down the pecking order to be replaceable.

Having said that, as a wide player doing the work down the flanks (quantity not quality) then he was clearly the best option off the bench yesterday.

Pronouns: He/Him

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:23 - Jan 21 with 6119 viewsSuperfrans

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:08 - Jan 21 by BrixtonBlue

10 minutes at the end, in the right game?

You watch football, presumably have for many years. You know how it works.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 10:30]

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:27 - Jan 21 with 6104 viewsGuthrum

The careful, measured introduction of Celina didn't exactly turn out badly. How many important goals is that he's scored now?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:30 - Jan 21 with 6090 viewsCoco

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:27 - Jan 21 by Guthrum

The careful, measured introduction of Celina didn't exactly turn out badly. How many important goals is that he's scored now?

He may have more if Mick played him sooner when fans were calling for him again and again. Who knows??

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:32 - Jan 21 with 6081 viewsSuperfrans

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:30 - Jan 21 by Coco

He may have more if Mick played him sooner when fans were calling for him again and again. Who knows??

But then again, he may not. All about opinions, eh?

So McCarthy says he has no problem using Drinan on 10:37 - Jan 21 with 6062 viewsCurrie10

Interestingly enough, the last U23 game Drinan was used uptop alongside Morris in a 4-4-2 with Sears left mid.

Certainly seems Sears FC days are done.

I'd imagine another 90 mins for the U23s or two and he'd be ready to rumble.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024