Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC - just tell us what's happening. 09:40 - Jan 21 with 5480 viewsChurchman75

The fans would be far happier with the current situation if we were told the truth.

If MM is going in the summer then we would accept loans etc until then - just tell the truth.

If MM is staying then tell us and we will somehow do our best to support him with the crappy backing he's getting from his boss. Although we all struggle with the style and lack of possession, ultimately we would "probably" in and around the play offs if the squad was fit.
Dozzell for one was the best player on the park until he got injured, - he reminded me of magilton when he first arrived on loan.

WE are the clubs customers and deserve a bit of clarity!

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

on 09:42 - Jan 21 with 5467 views_

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 09:52 - Jan 21 with 5428 viewscaught-in-limbo

on 09:42 - Jan 21 by _

That's right.

We're not going to get an explanation and I personally don't think we really need one - people in football speak a lot of guff anyway.

In the current situation, any words from ME could be interpreted badly, so it's best that nothing is said.

Actions speak louder than words and we'll have a clearer idea of what's going on when Mick leaves in the summer.

As long as we're not relegated, I can manage to sit tight for 4 more months.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 9:57]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

on 09:55 - Jan 21 with 5424 views_

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 09:52 - Jan 21 by caught-in-limbo

That's right.

We're not going to get an explanation and I personally don't think we really need one - people in football speak a lot of guff anyway.

In the current situation, any words from ME could be interpreted badly, so it's best that nothing is said.

Actions speak louder than words and we'll have a clearer idea of what's going on when Mick leaves in the summer.

As long as we're not relegated, I can manage to sit tight for 4 more months.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 9:57]

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 10:02 - Jan 21 with 5377 viewsParisBlue

on 09:55 - Jan 21 by _

There's every chance we'd finally lose the 9-0 record.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 10:05 - Jan 21 with 5363 viewscaught-in-limbo

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 10:02 - Jan 21 by ParisBlue

And if that happens 6 or 7 times in a season, it'll really start to hurt.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 10:10 - Jan 21 with 5353 viewsJ2BLUE

Perhaps i'm being unfair but I doubt ME has done any planning for MM leaving. He's probably waiting for an answer which won't come until late in the season and then he'll begin preparations. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us managerless from May 6th - just before pre-season begins.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 10:39 - Jan 21 with 5297 viewsGuthrum

Mind you, that's what they said about Burnley.

I very much doubt we would get 'dicked' every week. Maybe a handful of times against the very big boys (tho unlikely to Mourinho's Man U), but the rest of the division are not so very far above Championship standard, for all the PL's hype.

We beat Newcastle less than a year ago. Our U23s gave Palace a run for their money. Brighton, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Burnley - all teams we haven't disgraced ourselves against in recent seasons. Are Southampton currently so much better than Wolves?

Plus, if McCarthy did stay, we have a manager with a lot of experience in escaping relegation.

Yes, I think we'd stand a pretty good chance of going straight back down to the Championship, but equally I don't expect us to challenge Derby's record.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 10:44 - Jan 21 with 5283 viewsCurrie10

This will result in 100 down arrows, but there is NO WAY in HELL if Mick is leaving it can be announced to the world now.

My reasons =
* Workrate with several players would drop.
* In the very unlikely chance we're going to sign someone on a longer deal than loan / short term no agent or player would be up for that not knowing who is the gafa next year.
* The atmosphere would be even worse at home games.
* People would say ' if he's off in the summer, just get on with it now '

So on so forth.

Yes, in an ideal world I'd LOVE to know everything going on at ITFC. I'd love to know all transfer dealings, everything else that I don't / you don't know.

But, at least that's one thing we are getting right. We keep things internal, and that is ultimately the way it should be.

Under Magilton / Jewell / Keane we ALL knew the targets. The whole world did. It pushes up the price, makes others come in, and shows there is a mole / leak in the building. Has to be this way.
Login to get fewer ads

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 10:46 - Jan 21 with 5275 viewsGuthrum

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 10:10 - Jan 21 by J2BLUE

Perhaps i'm being unfair but I doubt ME has done any planning for MM leaving. He's probably waiting for an answer which won't come until late in the season and then he'll begin preparations. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us managerless from May 6th - just before pre-season begins.

There was an interesting bit on Radio 5 the other evening (would have been Friday 12th, about 9pm) in which the former owner of Palace, Simon Jordan, talked about having to sack mamagers. Yes, there is some preparation, but there's unlikely to be a new man just lined up and waiting.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 10:48 - Jan 21 with 5266 viewsTIB

Raises the question...what teams (if any) have gained promotion to the Premier League but then started the next season with a new manager?

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

on 10:58 - Jan 21 with 5234 views_

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 10:48 - Jan 21 by TIB

Raises the question...what teams (if any) have gained promotion to the Premier League but then started the next season with a new manager?

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 11:08 - Jan 21 with 5214 viewsBent_double

Watford, probably.

But they've had so many managers in the past 4 years I can't be sure.

Anyway, to get back to the point of the OP, there won't be an announcement until we are either safe from relegation, or unable to make the play-offs, so middle or end of March I reckon.

To announce anything now would just create unrest in the playing squad.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 11:28 - Jan 21 with 5185 viewsPhilTWTD

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 10:46 - Jan 21 by Guthrum

There was an interesting bit on Radio 5 the other evening (would have been Friday 12th, about 9pm) in which the former owner of Palace, Simon Jordan, talked about having to sack mamagers. Yes, there is some preparation, but there's unlikely to be a new man just lined up and waiting.

Indeed, I think they've been looking around at potential targets for a while, albeit in a relatively vague sense. While MM and ME may not have formally had the discussion on what happens at the end of the season, I would guess both are pretty clear that MM will be moving on, barring promotion or coming very close to it.
ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 11:44 - Jan 21 with 5138 viewsgroovyASH

With ME, it was pretty clear he'd lined up Keane to replace Magilton and Jewell to replace Keane.

Which just goes to show having a single person lined up does not work.

The appointment of MM took more time and hopefully diligence, and paid of massively in relative terms to his two predecessors.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 12:03 - Jan 21 with 5100 viewsTheBlueBarca

I love how people are still discussing promotion on here. Oh no, going up, wouldn't that be bad...

Don't worry it's not going to happen, so you lot can calm down. We're lucky to still even be in this league and lets face it a lesser manager would have relegated us by now.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 12:14 - Jan 21 with 5070 viewsParisBlue

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 11:44 - Jan 21 by groovyASH

With ME, it was pretty clear he'd lined up Keane to replace Magilton and Jewell to replace Keane.

Which just goes to show having a single person lined up does not work.

The appointment of MM took more time and hopefully diligence, and paid of massively in relative terms to his two predecessors.

Wasn't it Jewell that recommended MM to ME?

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 12:56 - Jan 21 with 4997 viewsNo9

I doubt that anyone beyond Mr Evans, MM and their closest confidents know what is said between the two. Be that relative to MM's time at ITFC or what players are coming or going.
Should the supporters know? A good question but given Mr E is the owner of a commercial organisation that he maintains as a going concern it is in his interest to keep things as confidential as any owner can in the world of football.
MM must be happy with his lot otherwise he would have not signed a contract extension.
Mr E has little option but to keep ITFC out of administration other than to sell and potentially walk away with some significant debts.
Unless someone can get a group of well healed supporters to buy out Mr E or A.N. Other comes in to buy out (out of the frying pan into the fire?) Mr E then we have what we have.
How many posting on TWTD would put their hands in their pocket to buy out ITFC ?
ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 13:20 - Jan 21 with 4967 viewsPhilTWTD

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 12:14 - Jan 21 by ParisBlue

Wasn't it Jewell that recommended MM to ME?

Think that's true, although they would have looked in that direction anyway as was an obvious candidate. Was always the man they were targeting even if they also spoke to Ian Holloway as a potential target if talks with MM broke down. Situation was slightly different to the one when Magilton and Keane were sacked as Jewell instigated his departure - even if it was ultimately by mutual consent - rather than being sacked.
ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 13:26 - Jan 21 with 4944 viewsLeoMuff

on 09:42 - Jan 21 by _

Not sure about that, I think the situation suits MM and ME, stay till seasons end , no compo fee for MM or new manager, stay up , MM gets an attempt at play offs and keeping his reputation intact by leaving at end of contract.

Not sure how much good it’s doing with the fans.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 13:26 - Jan 21 with 4943 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm not saying they should have someone lined up. I think they should have a clear shortlist and contact their representatives very quickly after it's confirmed MM is moving on. I'm probably being unfair to ME.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 07:55 - Jan 22 with 4677 viewsBloomBlue

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 13:26 - Jan 21 by LeoMuff

Not sure about that, I think the situation suits MM and ME, stay till seasons end , no compo fee for MM or new manager, stay up , MM gets an attempt at play offs and keeping his reputation intact by leaving at end of contract.

Not sure how much good it’s doing with the fans.

Or ME could be listening to the football experts in the game who are all saying MM is doing a fantastic job and he's hopeful MM will sign a new contract
on 08:09 - Jan 22 with 4649 views_

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 07:55 - Jan 22 by BloomBlue

Or ME could be listening to the football experts in the game who are all saying MM is doing a fantastic job and he's hopeful MM will sign a new contract

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 08:14 - Jan 22 with 4632 viewschicoazul

ITFC - just tell us what's happening. on 10:02 - Jan 21 by ParisBlue

Seeing as we wouldnt spend any money once/if we got up you are probably right.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024