Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marco Silva sacked by Watford 10:47 - Jan 21 with 2418 viewsstig4532

Joke of a board. Even got the balls to blame... Everton

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42765881
Marco Silva sacked by Watford on 10:55 - Jan 21 with 2369 viewsDarth_Koont

They might have a point.

Seem to remember this happening at another club after the manager was approached and the working relationship was affected. Anyone remember?

Pronouns: He/Him

Marco Silva sacked by Watford on 11:08 - Jan 21 with 2307 viewsbournemouthblue

How bizarre, he has done a decent job there?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Marco Silva sacked by Watford on 11:12 - Jan 21 with 2292 viewstractordownsouth

Marco Silva sacked by Watford on 10:55 - Jan 21 by Darth_Koont

They might have a point.

Seem to remember this happening at another club after the manager was approached and the working relationship was affected. Anyone remember?

Possibly you're thinking of Steve Clarke? He managed Reading a few years ago and got approached by Fulham. He decided to stay but left a few weeks later because he fell out with the board.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Marco Silva sacked by Watford on 11:19 - Jan 21 with 2258 viewsDarth_Koont

Marco Silva sacked by Watford on 11:12 - Jan 21 by tractordownsouth

Possibly you're thinking of Steve Clarke? He managed Reading a few years ago and got approached by Fulham. He decided to stay but left a few weeks later because he fell out with the board.

Yes, that's the one. Cheers.

Was starting to think it might all have been a deeply tragic, boring dream I had.

Pronouns: He/Him

Marco Silva sacked by Watford on 11:26 - Jan 21 with 2237 viewsstrikalite

Marco Silva sacked by Watford on 11:08 - Jan 21 by bournemouthblue

How bizarre, he has done a decent job there?

10th in the table ffs, did you see them play at Chelsea recently? I was so bloody envious watching them that day thinking how many thousands of miles we were away from being like them..

Honestly now, what do these owners expect?? TENTH!!
Marco Silva sacked by Watford on 11:35 - Jan 21 with 2205 viewsJimmy86

Might say more about Silva than Watford's board to be fair. He never categorically ruled himself out of the running for the Everton job, was under contract with Watford and maybe, after a down turn in results they got a bit fed up and though screw you, see ya later.
Marco Silva sacked by Watford on 11:43 - Jan 21 with 2178 viewspointofblue

Marco Silva sacked by Watford on 11:35 - Jan 21 by Jimmy86

Might say more about Silva than Watford's board to be fair. He never categorically ruled himself out of the running for the Everton job, was under contract with Watford and maybe, after a down turn in results they got a bit fed up and though screw you, see ya later.

Though of all the boards to whine about loyalty Watford’s just about take the biscuit - one bad run of form and a manager’s out on his ear. Though I said I wouldn’t want Silva on another thread due to wanting to leave Watford... he probably knew his time would be up after a poor run so why not go to a club which offers managers more time?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Marco Silva sacked by Watford on 11:47 - Jan 21 with 2169 viewschristiand

Don't think it will harm his managerial CV though, sacked after getting Watford 10th in the Premier League.

Often have a little chuckle to myself looking at Southampton in the bottom 3 and Claude Puel doing a good job at the King Power stadium. 'What are your thoughts on the Saints, Claude?'

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024